Should I keep the Senn HD 448 or get refund?
Oct 22, 2011 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

fernando98

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I've recently got the Sennheiser HD 448 since I was looking for some quality headphones. I bought them on fnac at 88€ but they have "disappointed" me, I think I was expecting a better quality for that price. Anyway, I have 15 days to decide if I keep them or get refund. I'm not spending more than that (90€-100€ is the top price). And as an addittional detail I listen almost exclusively to rock.
So what do you think? Should I get refund and go for a better ones? Is this the best headphone I could get in that price range?

Also I need the headphones to be 3.5 jack compatible as I'm going to use them with my mobile phone and laptop, and both of them have a 3.5 jack.
I've seen people in this forum reccomends the ATH-M50s but they go a little too far. What about the M50?

Fast replies would be very appreciated as I need to decide what to do in 14 days.

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 9
Hi, do they need to be closed back? If not, consider looking into the MS1s, SR60 or SR80. Does guitar exceptionally well. The long and thick cable can be quite annoying for portable day to day use, so you might want to recable them. 

Oct 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 9
I'm not really sure where the stores are in UK. Maybe you could shoot a private message over to Pcf. 

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #5 of 9
LOL I'm not from the UK, I'm from Spain. I ment if you know any international store like fnac but with a bigger variety of products to test and buy. What about the ATH-M50? They are on the border line (90€) and the M50s have a good review.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #6 of 9
Righto. My bad. Mistook the euros sign for quids, lol. I was sleepy, hahah.

I don't know for sure, try asking the guys in appreciation threads or fan club threads. I always get my stuff from local retailers.

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #7 of 9
 I can't help but recommend Grados as well. Do you have heavy import tax there? If not order them from the US (the SR-60 if you can't afford the 80). You will not be disappointed at all. If you can't just order from the US, I'm sure that you will have some local stores selling them. You've just gotta look around.

Oct 23, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #8 of 9
There's also the Alessandro MS1i. US$99 shipping (international) included.

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #9 of 9
Yep, I've seen them online, but I rather buy them on a physical store because if I get dissappointed again I can return them easily. On the internet you hardly ever can do that. And furthermore I can't test them before I buy them. I'd like to find a physical store nearby to test all those products and then buy one online (which is cheaper) so I'll be sure I like what I'm buying.

Thanks for your advice, it has helped me a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back