should i go for sony mdr ex220lp?
Jan 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ritvik93

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking of buying the Sony Mdr ex220lp : http://www.sony.co.in/product/mdrex220lp
Should i go for it or should i look at any other options of similar price bracket?

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 17
Get Sony MH1C

(minutes later,,, many +1 appears..)
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #5 of 17
Thanks for the prompt reply guys. I'm from india and i checked all the online indian stores and they don't have the mh 1C :frowning2: . Are the ex220 not that good? If so can you recommend me some other headphones?

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:
Thanks for the prompt reply guys. I'm from india and i checked all the online indian stores and they don't have the mh 1C :frowning2: . Are the ex220 not that good? If so can you recommend me some other headphones?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-MH1C-Handsfree-for-Sony-Xperia-S-LT26i-LT26w-ST-27i-MT25i-ST25-i-LT28i-/120943362094?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1c28c9402e

Worldwide shipping
etysmile.gif

EX220 is does not perform to the good name sony has been getting around this forum recently. Not even close to MH1C status. If MH1C doesn't work out, the Philips SHE3580 is a good place to start

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #8 of 17
Hmm maybe its just me but i don't really like using ebay D: .... the mh1c are available on ebay.in but i want to buy from this site: http://www.flipkart.com/mobile-accessories/headphones/pr?sid=tyy%2C4mr%2Cfp0   because its the most reliable and quickest indian online shopping site! The jvc ha fx40 seem to be good :xf_eek: but again they aren't available on flipkart :frowning2:

Plus i wanted to know another thing, Are the sony mdr ex300lp and mdr ex220lp the same?

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #9 of 17
I can't comment on whether the ex220 is the same as ex300, but I have a feeling that it uses a similar, if not the same, driver. Also, the only IEMs I found on that site that are good on my list were the Sony XBA-1 and the Philips SHE3580 (I'm pretty sure that the 3580 is the same as the 3590). If you want to stretch your budget, go for XBA-1, if not, I'd say the SHE3590. But I really would like you to encourage to use ebay, even if just for this once, to get the Sony MH1C.

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #10 of 17
The Mh1c must really be good since you're recommending them so strongly :xf_eek: ! i'll see if i can get them from a local store :xf_eek:! Plus, i've really seen people praise about the SHE3580 on this forum! Are they really that good considering they are cheaper than most of the headphones i've been searching on!

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:
The Mh1c must really be good since you're recommending them so strongly :xf_eek: ! i'll see if i can get them from a local store :xf_eek:! Plus, i've really seen people praise about the SHE3580 on this forum! Are they really that good considering they are cheaper than most of the headphones i've been searching on!

They are ok, under $10, nothing better(maybe Monoprice8320,but hard to find right tip).
But MH1C is in another league compare to SHE3580.

SHE3580 sounds like $50
MH1C sounds like $150+ 

~To my ear

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #12 of 17
I can't really define earphones as sounding like a certain amount of $$ as there are so many earphones of varying values that I cannot assign an average sound quality to each tier, but MH1C certainly basically beats every single earphone under $100. However, the likelihood that you'd find them at a local store is slim, as they are not made for most consumers, but rather those with Sony mp3s, phones, and other select devices. Plus, they're not even that well known to the consumer world. My suggestion, if you cannot find the MH1C and won't be able to buy it online, I suggest starting with the SHE3580 and then biding your money for a higher end earphone if you so choose to do.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:
I can't really define earphones as sounding like a certain amount of $$ as there are so many earphones of varying values that I cannot assign an average sound quality to each tier, but MH1C certainly basically beats every single earphone under $100. However, the likelihood that you'd find them at a local store is slim, as they are not made for most consumers, but rather those with Sony mp3s, phones, and other select devices. Plus, they're not even that well known to the consumer world. My suggestion, if you cannot find the MH1C and won't be able to buy it online, I suggest starting with the SHE3580 and then biding your money for a higher end earphone if you so choose to do.

Makes sense i guess! 

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:
Will sony MH1C be compatible with sandisk sansa clip+ Mp3 player?

Yes, i have a clip+ and Nexus 4, it works great with both and also with N4, mic and centre button works great to pause/play change tracks... Regarding the buyer from India, the ebay india seller is genuine as i have bought myself two of them (i bought first and liked them so much that i bought another in case the first one gets broken as these are not made anymore now!!.. hoard up before you can regret 
smily_headphones1.gif
) I have MH1C, Gr06, GR02BE, Quadbeat, Brainwavz M2 and trust me, these are just gems!! not buying these would be great disservice to your ears....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back