Should i get the Audigy 4 Pro?
Jun 29, 2005 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fishtankfish

100+ Head-Fier
I havent heard anything about this card. I kind of want it. I'm into music, gaming and some recording so this card seems to be a decent all around thing. plus it has a remote!

any thought?

my cans are HD-580s.

Jun 29, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 4
Regrettably, the Audigy4 Pro will not be all that much better than your current Audigy2 ZS. In fact, the Audigy4 Pro suffers many of the same sound-quality problems as the Audigy2 ZS, including the forced hardware resampling of all 44.1kHz audio to 48kHz that is far from bit-perfect.

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:14 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
Regrettably, the Audigy4 Pro will not be all that much better than your current Audigy2 ZS. In fact, the Audigy4 Pro suffers many of the same sound-quality problems as the Audigy2 ZS, including the forced hardware resampling of all 44.1kHz audio to 48kHz that is far from bit-perfect.

True that the A4 Pro still resamples. But the CS4398 DACs still give you more than substantial gain in sound quality as compare to the Audigy2 ZS, heck even Revo 7.1 is no match to it.

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Unless you need multichannel surround sound I would propose to get an Audigy2 and an EMU 1212m. Then connect the digital out of the Audigy to the digital in of the EMU. Works great, and you truly get the best of both worlds for the same price as the Audigy4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back