Should i get a Lisa III?
Nov 23, 2008 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

callmevil

100+ Head-Fier
Im out for a good portable amp and currently ive got the Lisa III on top of my wishlist, so, as to not waste my money in the wrong direction, may i seek opinions or views on how well the Lisa III can drive DT880 and the DT990pro?

my genre is Indy, Acoustics, and a little of everything else..
planning to get a k702 in the near future as well.

so sifus of head-fi, would the Lisa III be appropriate for my cause?

/ps and Yes i consider the Lisa III portable!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 19
Well, The best way to answer your question would be to audition LISA III for yourself.. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.. but Yes, Lisa will drive, anything tested so far, with amazing results.

Nov 25, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 19
Well, transportable really...

I haven't had the chance to audition a wide range of amps, but I did hear the Lisa III at the Sydney meet a few weeks ago with Grado 325is. I loved the headphones (and now have some MS2is) but I think the Lisa really made the combo awesome. I was so immersed in the sound I was sitting there for maybe half an hour hogging the thing
tongue.gif
The sound was SO detailed from the Grados, but still full and rich and punchy throughout the whole sound spectrum.

The general impression from everyone on the day was "Crap, it costs a lot, but I really like it and want one!"

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by callmevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im out for a good portable amp and currently ive got the Lisa III on top of my wishlist, so, as to not waste my money in the wrong direction, may i seek opinions or views on how well the Lisa III can drive DT880 and the DT990pro?

my genre is Indy, Acoustics, and a little of everything else..
planning to get a k702 in the near future as well.

so sifus of head-fi, would the Lisa III be appropriate for my cause?

/ps and Yes i consider the Lisa III portable!
smily_headphones1.gif

If it has to be portable/transportable, I think the LISA III was the best I've ever heard.

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 19
So far for all the amps that i've tried, the Lisa 3 is the easiest amp to be match with headphones.

If you consider the Lisa 3 portable, then i'll suggest you just get it.

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulybatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have the money...it seems to be the best there is. I have never used one but of everything I have read it us at the top of every list.

I have heard a few people saying the sr-71a is giving it a run so idk for the size of that monster if it still considered the best thing out there

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by callmevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont mind the price considering that its 'the best' portable/transportable out there, then i would be saving alot from buying 2-3 lesser portables..

so the Lisa III can drive k702 properly?

Since it is the "best" in your opinion, how can you go wrong? If I were you and can afford it, I would go ahead and buy it.

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #11 of 19
We will have a Lisa III at the NY meet on December 13. Look for the meet impression thread for comparison to SR71A and other portables.

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #13 of 19
I switch in between the 71A and Lisa III depending on my mood and music preference.

The Blackbird is very relaxing imo, jazz and vocals are smooth and it is my choice of amp to chill out.

The Lisa III is more forward and with adjustable bass, I use it when I want to have fun.

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #14 of 19
1. any audible difference between the LLP, Standard and the XP?
2. ive read that the XP would need 50hrs of charge time.. how long would it take to charge the standard?

3. I was checking the site and read about the Portacode.. can anyone comment on how would this perform vs the LISA III? and when itll be released?

Nov 30, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #15 of 19
Only those who heard the original headcode would be able to give any insight on that. But I don't think that is in circulation anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back