Should I cross over to the dark side???
Jun 7, 2009 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Busta9iron

100+ Head-Fier
I have been thinking about purchasing the IPod touch. Am going to wait to hear any news from tomorrows Apple conference. I have a Sansa Fuze, I am satisified with this player, but the apps and technology of the Touch has my interest at a peak. I do plan to use the Sansa as my beater, that is to work out with, mow and such, but is the touch worth going for??

The floor is now open for comments.

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 19
I'd wait if possible, unless you can get a really awesome deal. The new iPhones will likely be announced tomorrow for a summer released, but the ipod touches and the rest of the ipod lineup usually aren't refreshed until September.

Who knows what the wwdc will bring though
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 19
If you interested in the apps and web browser, the Touch probably good option but for the SQ i would say SOny 'X'. I sold my Touch for Sony 'X' and i wouldn't go back to be honest
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 19
i also did not get that one. i think he means it can spit out hd signal but its screen is not at all hd, which is true, but then there is no hd screen in a portable device that small! in fact hd does not exist until you get a really BIG screen.

anyway, touch updates likely will not occur till september or so but they are rumoured to be big this time: maybe a camera, compass and a few other goodies. i likely will have to upgrade though i don't really want to. this time, ill make sure not to get the biggest size. i don't need more than 16gb as i shuffle my music in and out and use apps only for review purposes unless it is the amazing enfour dictionary, mantis bible or the quest rpg!

Jun 8, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #8 of 19
If you're into games and fun looking applications then iPod Touch might be for you.
It also has a wonderful interface.
Get yourself a refurbished iPod Touch, it's substantial savings.

Jun 8, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #9 of 19
the sq is also very good. some like it better than the fuze. i don't particularly have a preference, but i love the solid build and the excellent interface, battery life, gapless playback, low hiss and support for 3 lossless formats and aac and all the apps.

Jun 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #10 of 19
Yeah iPod sounds great
also, I think it's unlikely that you will hear news about iPod touch tomorrow
because apple usually has a special event around September dedicated to music and iPods

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyway, touch updates likely will not occur till september or so but they are rumoured to be big this time: maybe a camera, compass and a few other goodies.

Really?? Camera and compass wouldn't interest me at all. The touch has really grown on me though. I have a whole bunch of apps, but don't really use them. I do use the wifi, but its not something I absolutely need. What makes it a keeper for me is the awesome interface...so easy to use and pretty! I find it so much easier to flick through my music or to a particular song than i do with the click wheel iPods.

Any ideas on what else is rumoured in terms of updates to the touch??

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #12 of 19
Just hang in there for a couple of hours, in case Apple have something fresh up their sleeve, then order the "current" iPod touch.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just hang in there for a couple of hours, in case Apple have something fresh up their sleeve, then order the "current" iPod touch.

I'm still hanging in there, as I like to get as much value for dollar as possible. Maybe pull the trigger in the next two weeks. I appreciate your opinions and keep them coming.

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #14 of 19
haha! they will not update the touch at WWDC. it is a hardware unit that follows on the heels of the iPhone which is updated on the 19th. the touch as mentioned earlier, will receive a major update come September and likely see the compass, maybe a camera and hopefully a microphone.

OLED screen is probably out of line as if the iPod Touch got it and not the iPhone (no matter that using OLED anywhere but inside is not so good), users would lynch steve jobs.

of course, we will likely see 64gb too, but i am not positive. i am more interested in the next OS 3.0 and getting some sound professional input units for my external mics for concert and nature recording.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #15 of 19
Wait until September, or as has already been mentioned, go refurb. If you simply want a touchscreen and excellent SQ, go Sony X, which has also already been mentioned. Are you going to go with the 8GB so you can simply get a flavour of the apps etc for the cheapest price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back