Should I construct Silver Signal Tape for my setup?
Sep 27, 2002 at 10:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Leo V

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I have noticed this $20 homemade IC recipe a couple years ago, and bought all necessary parts--I just never got around to making it
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
I found a recent review thread here on Head-Fi, and I'm pondering finishing the project now.

My new setup is Sony DVP-NC650V (carousel version of the NS500V), and my speakers will soon arrive: the Swan Divas M-200. (Here is one amongst many highly favorable reviews.)

Do you think these silver ICs might improve sound quality here?
Thanks!
Leo

Sep 28, 2002 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 5
Alot of people report good results from that interconnect design. I think you should go for it.

(edit typo)

Sep 28, 2002 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 5
...besides, you already have the stuff, why not make em? And you won't know if they would improve the sound quality of your setup til you do. Just post a review when you get them done.

Sep 29, 2002 at 1:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Proceeding, but I need some help please. EDIT: I found the real part needed -- 240-2066-ND.

Greg Weaver notes in a later article how you need EMI snap-on shields on the ICs. He specifically mentions:
Quote:

Point your browser to Digi-Key, parts purveyor supreme, and fire away. You’re looking for the Steward Clamp-On Ferrites, part number 240-1001 ND (for white) or 240-1002 ND (for black).

I checked, and the store apparently changed part numbers for these parts. Do you think these parts are it? I don't want to waste $20 accidentally...
Thanks!!
Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back