Should I change the battery in my iBasso T3?
Mar 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

burningv

100+ Head-Fier
Recently I've noticed that I have to turn up the volume knob 1 or 2 two levels to achieve the same volume I had when I first bought the T3. Also, I've noticed a loss in dynamics. Will changing the battery alleviate this problem or is there an issue with the amp?

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 5
How long have you had the T3? 

If you've had it longer than a year or so, how do you know the exact volume the T3 was outputting when you first bought it?  Did you measure it with something?  I assume also you are using the same ear/headphones as when you first bought it.

Maybe you are suffering what other people do: loss of hearing with age??

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 5
I've had the T3 for more than a year, and have always used it with my Westone 3s. I've connected the Westone 3s to my Eco Indigo DJ sound card many a time and have not experienced any volume reduction like on the T3, so it's definitely not a hearing issue. Also, I listen to most of my music at 60 percent of the maximum volume (without gain) on my amp, and now I have to turn it up 70 or 80 percent to get the same volume output. 

Does anyone have any recommendations, as to which rechargeable Li-Polymer battery I should buy?

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #4 of 5
Without knowing the exact cause of what the problem, trying to swap battery and wish for the best isn't the most logical thing to do. I'll suggest you shot an email to iBasso asking for opinion first. If it is a battery issue, at least iBasso can help you to get the spec or even the battery itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back