Should I buy the AudioGD Roc??
Sep 14, 2009 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been saving up some funds for a while now looking to get a HD800, but thought about getting a good amp first. I know someone who uses the Pheonix with his HD800's and says they are awesome with it. I've also heard that the ROC/Pheonix sound close, just that the Pheonix is dual mono design.

I mainly want it for my higher impedance phones. I've also heard it goes great with the K701.

Any thoughts on this???

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #2 of 46
are you looking to go balanced?

Personally, I would avoid buying from them until they get their quality control together. Too many people have had issues with their equipment to continue to patronize them.

Sep 14, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 46
Well, mine was perfect...they ship tons of these things every day and you hear from the people that have problems. Not like Kingwa will leave you in the lurch if there is a problem. And it's not like other amps are perfect every time either.

Sep 14, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #4 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally, I would avoid buying from them until they get their quality control together. Too many people have had issues with their equipment to continue to patronize them.

What? Are you talking about the Compass shipping incident that was entirely DHL's fault? Otherwise I don't know what you're basing your claims off of and it is unfair to accuse companies of quality control issues fraudulently. I really don't see where they would have issues anyway -- they pack their boxes impeccably and they test all of their products before shipment.

Sep 14, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #6 of 46
I'm fighting off the HD800, & been buying gear to utilize my DT48 collection.. But I know it's only a matter of time before I get the HD800.. If you do get the HD800 you will probably sell your 701/880.. But I'd need inheritance money to afford the HD800 right now.. I was looking at the Beyer T1, since I love my DT48 so much, but from very early reports it sounds like a DT770 on steriods.. Not my cup of tea.. & I still have a mental block on headphones costing over a grand.. I could could get the ES5400 for that type of dough, while enjoying my beloved DT48..

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #7 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think it's very reasonable, unless you personally have had an issue, to trash a manufacturer you've never owned gear from.

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #8 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it's very reasonable, unless you personally have had an issue, to trash a manufacturer you've never owned gear from.

Totally agreed...I have only heard great things about Kingwa and his products and if there has been a prob, he takes care of it.

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #9 of 46
I've always found Audio-gd and Kingwa very good communicators, fielding questions about making custom mods to their gear. I was also very happy to let them bench test for me before shipping.

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #10 of 46
Kingwa is amazing, people can send him custom jacks and wire with their amo and he'll install it. Don't fight the HD800s, no point in owning any other dynamcs.

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #11 of 46
Way too many times people on this board make comments about companies they never dealt with or trash products they never heard. I really don't understand it, but it happens a lot.

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by moodyrn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Way too many times people on this board make comments about companies they never dealt with or trash products they never heard. I really don't understand it, but it happens a lot.

I think we have a much bigger problem with the opposite: people lauding companies or equipment they've never heard, or worse, in exchange for things.

Toad's post is perfectly reasonable. There have been several threads/posts discussing audio-gd's QC. It's an issue. Those same threads indicate that audio-gd also takes good care of it's customers. Whether or not this means one should patronize audio-gd is a personal decision. Toad apparently will not. Obviously, many of the rest of you will. But please spare us the moral outrage and indignation when someone raises the issue of QC.

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by moodyrn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

x2. Happens way too much. If you haven't used it or owned it the best answer is no comment. Even if you have used/owned it, the best thing to do is comment only on your own experience. Unless you have some research report outlining returns or problems with a product.

Anyway, this is turning into a hijack of the OP's thread (and yes I'm guilty of participating in the hijack), but I can't comment on the OP's question as I have no experience with AudioGD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back