Should I buy just one Beats Headphone?
Jan 15, 2015 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Genjisleeps

100+ Head-Fier
I know Beats aren't that liked and starting collecting headphones I never liked them much. But since I never bought them (tried them a few times when I go to walmart) could I even say anything? Should I buy and try beats once just to get an opinion on these so called headphones.....

Jan 15, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 12
It's your money and ultimately your decision; I don't know why you would let the opinion of multiple strangers over the internet determine your decision on how you spend your money. If you want to buy some, go ahead no one is going to judge you. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 12
  It's your money and ultimately your decision; I don't know why you would let the opinion of multiple strangers over the internet determine your decision on how you spend your money. If you want to buy some, go ahead no one is going to judge you. 

To tell you the truth I don't want the opinion on how to spend my money. I want the opinion on the headphones most likely. Thats what is keeping me from buying them. I have a regiment of multiple headphones to buy monthly but "Beats" is just a try and buy situation. You know buying randoming....

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #4 of 12
  To tell you the truth I don't want the opinion on how to spend my money. I want the opinion on the headphones most likely. Thats what is keeping me from buying them. I have a regiment of multiple headphones to buy monthly but "Beats" is just a try and buy situation. You know buying randoming....

The only one remotely worth its price right now are the Solo 2. Even then, given your headphones on the profile page, I'd say it won't sound any better than what you already own. Instead, spend your money upstream and buy a significantly superior headphones.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 12

Beats are overpriced, why would you want to purchase something like this randomly? Why not spend some time listening to them for yourself and see if that's the sound you're looking for. Most people around here are not impressed with Beats. Because most of their models sound awful and all of them are overpriced for what they give you, unless you're looking for the Beats fashion statement. It all depends on what you're into.
From the looks of what kit you list, I doubt that you'll like them. Try for yourself.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 12
  Beats are overpriced, why would you want to purchase something like this randomly? Why not spend some time listening to them for yourself and see if that's the sound you're looking for. Most people around here are not impressed with Beats. Because most of their models sound awful and all of them are overpriced for what they give you, unless you're looking for the Beats fashion statement. It all depends on what you're into.
From the looks of what kit you list, I doubt that you'll like them. Try for yourself.

I'm not looking for the fashion statement i'm not typically into trends. What i'm wondering is an opinion so I won't wave an opinion in which I've never even tried the product.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #7 of 12
I would say if you insist on buying a pair so you can see for yourself just how bad they are, do a lot of research on how to identify fakes and buy some used ones from your local craigslist or ebay.  That way you won't be out too much money,  and you might even break even when you want to immediately get rid of them.  There are plenty of used ones to choose from.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 12
Based on your profile, I think you'll like the new beats 2.0.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #9 of 12
  I'm not looking for the fashion statement i'm not typically into trends. What i'm wondering is an opinion so I won't wave an opinion in which I've never even tried the product.

My opinion is to spend my money on something different. I'd put the money away and save more for a set of Mid-Fi or better cans. You can get the HE-500's for $499 which is way below their original selling price of $900. If you have an amp that can deliver around 1W to 38 Ohms, you're good to go. It all depends on what sound profile that you are looking for.

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #10 of 12
  My opinion is to spend my money on something different. I'd put the money away and save more for a set of Mid-Fi or better cans. You can get the HE-500's for $499 which is way below their original selling price of $900. If you have an amp that can deliver around 1W to 38 Ohms, you're good to go. It all depends on what sound profile that you are looking for.

Which one is better of the Hifimans. The HE-400's or the HE-500's?

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 12
  Which one is better of the Hifimans. The HE-400's or the HE-500's?

I didn't care for the 400's, there was something about the treble that annoyed me, call it strident in headphone speak. I ended up getting the 500's and enjoy them very much. I also paid much more than the current price but have no regrets.

Jan 17, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #12 of 12
  I didn't care for the 400's, there was something about the treble that annoyed me, call it strident in headphone speak. I ended up getting the 500's and enjoy them very much. I also paid much more than the current price but have no regrets.

I saw a video of a new Hifiman he-560 are those worth the money and better than the 500's? cuz if I don't buy a beats headphone I can get a 560.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back