Should I buy just One Beats Headphone?
Jan 15, 2015 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Genjisleeps

100+ Head-Fier
I know Beats aren't that liked and starting collecting headphones I never liked them much. But since I never bought them (tried them a few times when I go to walmart) could I even say anything? Should I buy and try beats once just to get an opinion on these so called headphones.....

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't know about the Beats Studio, but the older ones are popular around the office.  I have one of the older ATH-M50S I keep at the desk and without fail when my co-workers who owns Beats try them on you can see their eyes widen and a dawning of the fact that you can have good controlled bass and the rest of the audio spectrum for as much or less than you spend on Beats.  For me that is proof enough that quality headphones aren't endorsed by a celebrity and designed for a single genre of music.

Jan 15, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 5
What kind of question is that?
Of course you should buy anything if you really want to make an opinion yourself, especially if you are a "collector" or, like me, a "trier".
I did not like the Studio Wireless at all.
But I also wanted to try by myself and so should you.
Just, buy them where you can return them :)
Try the new Studio and the new Solo2. They are the "best" of Beats. (best, ahahah)

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 5
Buying them is like endorsing them. If a million people buy a Beats headphone and return it the next day, Beats can still announce they sold 1 million headphones. Returns don't have to be listed.

I'd find a store that sells them, take a stack of CDs, a splitter and a real pair of headphones and do your research in the store. Tell them you want to try them out, because you heard they were overhyped crappy pieces of ****, so you want to check them against your 79$ SR60 Grado or any other entry level audiophile headphone. That's what I did with both the Studio and the Solo.

Beats are headphones for sheeple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back