Should i buy it? (Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO or something else)
Jul 3, 2018 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bordy

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I would use it with a fiio e10k olympus 2, in home, in silence (mostly) so I would chose the DT 990 pro, but i heard so many thing of this headphones, it's too bassy (which isnt a bad thing for me, just dont ruin the mid/high tones), it's sounds too sharp, it's feels like cheap.For comparison i tried Sennheiser HD 599 and i didnt like it, it was sounds great but on the other hand it was too neutral for me,boring, lack of bass,flat.

So to sum up:

-I would listen electronic music (that's why i need bass)/rock/metal and classical too, almost every music genres.
-I would use it in home, in silence.
-I would play with games and watch movies too with it.
-I didnt like flat sounding headphones

I do not insist on open back headphones but that is the most appropriate for the circumstances and I heard they sounds better than the close back ones (doubt me if not).

Overall: Should i buy Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro?

(Sorry if I committed any grammatical mistake, english is not my main language)

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 10
Hello!

I would use it with a fiio e10k olympus 2, in home, in silence (mostly) so I would chose the DT 990 pro, but i heard so many thing of this headphones, it's too bassy (which isnt a bad thing for me, just dont ruin the mid/high tones), it's sounds too sharp, it's feels like cheap.For comparison i tried Sennheiser HD 599 and i didnt like it, it was sounds great but on the other hand it was too neutral for me,boring, lack of bass,flat.

So to sum up:

-I would listen electronic music (that's why i need bass)/rock/metal and classical too, almost every music genres.

I do not insist on open back headphones but that is the most appropriate for the circumstances and I heard they sounds better than the close back ones (doubt me if not).

I had the DT990 Pro, nice soundstage, v shaped sound BUT reading the list of music you like to listen and the fact you don't want spread the sound around I would definitively switch to DT770 pro 80 oHm , they are closed with good bass, very nice ones for rock, metal and electronic.. a bit less for classical music.
Another good option could be ATH M50X . It depends on your budget

Jul 3, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 10
I had the DT990 Pro, nice soundstage, v shaped sound BUT reading the list of music you like to listen and the fact you don't want spread the sound around I would definitively switch to DT770 pro 80 oHm , they are closed with good bass, very nice ones for rock, metal and electronic.. a bit less for classical music.
Another good option could be ATH M50X . It depends on your budget

Thank you for the fast answer!

Do not these closed headphones have 'box sound'?Or i dont know how to draw up.
In my country ATH M50x and DT770 Pro have same price, DT700 pro is better than ATH M50x or inversely?

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 10
Hello!

So to sum up:
I own the DT990 (250 & 600 Ohm) headphone, I found the Soundmagic HP200 headphone to be an improved DT990, so suggest you get the HP200.

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 10
Both the 990’s and 770’s are a bit harsh on the highs and most of the time not a problem for me but do agree the HP-200 is a better headphone. If you like a V shaped headphone they might be for you but if you like it a bit less harsh the HP-200 is very good for the price.

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 10
I own the DT990 (250 & 600 Ohm) headphone, I found the Soundmagic HP200 headphone to be an improved DT990, so suggest you get the HP200.
I ve never used any soundmagic, what's the difference between hd150, hd151 and hd200 sound wise?

Jul 5, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #8 of 10
I ve never used any soundmagic, what's the difference between hd150, hd151 and hd200 sound wise?
The HP150 and HP151 are closed headphones, the HP200 is an opened headphone.
The HP151 is a newer revision of the HP150.

Jul 5, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #9 of 10
Hello!

So to sum up:

You'd probably be better off with the DT770.

Jul 5, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #10 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back