Short review of the e4c
Jun 4, 2005 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kessomatt

100+ Head-Fier
The first thing I tried these with was my ipod photo and my shuffle. I was not blown away, I was expecting a good amount of bass from what I have been reading on here. They sounded good, but not 200 dollar good.

That changed after I tried it on my bookshelf system, which I mainly use for my video games(nothing fancy, a sony zx50md for when I used to use minidiscs which i miss dearly). The sound is 100 times better than my apple's. These things can really crank out the bass.. I turned the bass all the way up, with the volume as loud as i can get it without killing my ears, and it sounded wonderful, with no distortion. The video games sound awsome too. I played silent hill 4 with these for a bit, but had to stop(anyone who has played these games know about their disturbing storylines, and erie atmosphere, which can get quite nerve racking).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to beef up the sq on my portables? I am considering a headphone amp, maybe a pocketamp v2? Can anyone with e4c's say theres a big enough difference to warrent the purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back