Shop in Austin, TX?
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Elotemuygrande

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know of a shop in or near Austin, TX that sells high end headphones where one could sample a few? Twould be nice to audition a few before spending any more money
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for any ideas!

Feb 23, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 12
Hey. Good find. I live just outside Austin and wondered the same thing but never made a real effort to find a retailer that caries higher-end cans.

Ever think of getting an Austin/San Antonio Head-Fi meet together??

Feb 23, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey. Good find. I live just outside Austin and wondered the same thing but never made a real effort to find a retailer that caries higher-end cans.

Ever think of getting an Austin/San Antonio Head-Fi meet together??

Yes, there has been much thought about that, especially when the hd800(s) roll in... mayhaps a mini-meet, with some really limited specific gear, but, a full blown meet would be even better, especially with the Houston guys.

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, there has been much thought about that, especially when the hd800(s) roll in... mayhaps a mini-meet, with some really limited specific gear, but, a full blown meet would be even better, especially with the Houston guys.

If its really a mini-meet I could host at my house. I think 10-12 wouldn't be out of the question an that's about what we had in Dallas.

EDIT: Nevermind....Roommate exercised veto power.

Feb 24, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #7 of 12
All the austin stores are mostly home audio if i remember correctly. I think i was the one who started the thread. lol but anyway i'd be up for meet..but i'm pretty sure we shouldn't be talking about it in this forum. the only "high end" headphones i found were grados and sound mind audio or something like that and some beyers, akg, and ultrasone at guitar center.

Jul 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #9 of 12
Rather than clutter the forum with another thread I thought I'd resurrect this question. I'm here for a week visiting here friends. Can you guys recommend 1-2 shops that are worth checking out?  Atlanta has virtually nothing! Thanks for any help.  I'm looking to demo/purchase something that's the next step up from my HD25-I-IIs. Thanks!

Jul 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Rather than clutter the forum with another thread I thought I'd resurrect this question. I'm here for a week visiting here friends. Can you guys recommend 1-2 shops that are worth checking out?  Atlanta has virtually nothing! Thanks for any help.  I'm looking to demo/purchase something that's the next step up from my HD25-I-IIs. Thanks!

Audio Systems is my dealer in Austin.  Grado.  Only shop in town that has regular hours.  Look 'em up.

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #12 of 12
Audio Systems is quite friendly, they'll sit you down in a comfy chair and let you demo your heart out while not being bothered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back