1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015)

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last
  1. ljokerl Contributor
    I've actually taken shots (on ebay) at both the Rolands and the Yamahas. I guess I wasn't interested enough to actually bid competitively - the RH10MS has always interested me more but I've been unable to get one of those as well.

As for the mini Denons, I may get a chance to borrow those from a friend at a later date. Certainly have looked at them before but they are mentioned around these parts very rarely.

2. Seidhepriest
    Lower-end Yamaha models are made of cheap plastic and have a reputation for breaking.

RH-50 and up are pretty decent kit. They're a bit slow next to the newer headphones, but they compensate by midrange detail and airiness.

AH-P372 outperform the K-81, except maybe for those seeking a boombox on ears.

3. Squalish
    One of the best reviews I've read, though I'm looking forward to if you ever get around to circumaurals < $70 as well. Most people get cans in this pricerange once or twice - they move on to a higher price tier once they get a taste. I hear "Competes unbelievably well for a $40 headphone - only one I would consider buying" applied to everything at this pricepoint, without too much real comparison.

4. slntdth93
    any chance of reviewing sennheiser HD228 yet [​IMG]
    liked the reviews but i cant find the akg k81/518 anywhere in canada for a decent price sadly (and futureshop has a sale for HD228s for 70)

5. iPoodz
    Oh man, I'm so conflicted about the zebra pads.

They're so hideous, but I want a pair.

6. kshelton
    Joker how come you didn't include the HD25-1? Just curious.

7. ljokerl Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Squalish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    One of the best reviews I've read, though I'm looking forward to if you ever get around to circumaurals < $70 as well. Most people get cans in this pricerange once or twice - they move on to a higher price tier once they get a taste. I hear "Competes unbelievably well for a $40 headphone - only one I would consider buying" applied to everything at this pricepoint, without too much real comparison.

Thanks [​IMG]. I think the HA-M750 qualify as circumaurals. The only other sub-$70 circumaurals I've got are the JVC HA-S700 and Equation EP-3070, reviews of which are coming soon [​IMG].

Quote:

Originally Posted by slntdth93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    any chance of reviewing sennheiser HD228 yet [​IMG]

More interested in the HD238 but amazon cancelled my order without explanation and then I got some other stuff, so I'm holding off on that for a little while. Hopefully will get my hands on the PX200-II fairly soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPoodz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Oh man, I'm so conflicted about the zebra pads.

They're so hideous, but I want a pair.

I wish you could buy the earpollution pads separately. I'm rather intrigued by the optional mesh pads as well - they have the potential to be quite comfy without heating up one's ears.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshelton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Joker how come you didn't include the HD25-1? Just curious.

Still working on that. Much easier to pin down the sound of lower-end headphones than the intricacies of higher-up gear.

8. kshelton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Thanks [​IMG]. Still working on that. Much easier to pin down the sound of lower-end headphones than the intricacies of higher-up gear.

Ah ok [​IMG]

9. buz
    Any chance to get a comparison to a MDR-V6? Mainly because I have that as my only full size (together with a bunch of IEMs) and wonder how they compare (it seems a bit silly to start to compare them to RE0) [​IMG]

@kshelton: where did you get the E7? Me wanna. [​IMG]

10. bjaardker
    Oh man, those Zebra pads are so awful they're beautiful.

11. Squalish
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Thanks [​IMG]. I think the HA-M750 qualify as circumaurals. The only other sub-$70 circumaurals I've got are the JVC HA-S700 and Equation EP-3070, reviews of which are coming soon [​IMG].

If you're open to that market segment, here's what I'm trying to hash out right now, a selection between:
    JVC HA-RX700
    JVC HA-M750
    Sennheiser HD485
    Audio Technica ATH-SJ5
    Audio Technica ATH-M30
    Beyerdynamic DT235
    DBI Pro 700

All K81DJ competitors in one way or another. I have rationale for rejecting some other cans at this pricepoint here.

12. ljokerl Contributor
    To be honest in terms of sound the RX700 is still a full head above any portable phone I've tried for the money. If modded it can easily beat the more expensive HA-M750 and even the CAL! and K81Dj. I liked them so much I bought a second set after selling my first one and missing it. That said, I've probably got a DBI700 coming in soon [​IMG]. I don't consider either the DBI700 or the RX700 portable though.

13. kshelton
    Quote:

Originally Posted by buz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Any chance to get a comparison to a MDR-V6? Mainly because I have that as my only full size (together with a bunch of IEMs) and wonder how they compare (it seems a bit silly to start to compare them to RE0) [​IMG]

@kshelton: where did you get the E7? Me wanna. [​IMG]

I had the E7 in red because I am waiting for it [​IMG]

14. buz
    Well let's see if the E7 or the Icon Mobile turn out to be better, which ever gets the better reviews in a head to head comparison I will buy [​IMG]

15. kshelton
    Joker I got my HD25s yesterday and I am in love [​IMG]

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last