Shipping from Canada to Hong Kong
Mar 21, 2007 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Hemos

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you ever shipped a package by Canada Post to Hong Kong. I shipped something airmail about 1 month ago and it still didn't show up there.

Anyone as any experience with that? I have the package insured but I guess it would take a while for me to get my money back and refund the buyer.

Max

Mar 21, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 9
I would definitely recommend contacting the post office then. They may need to run an investigation (usually once accepted by customs, their access to information is limited), but they should at the very least be able to tell you if it's in HK yet or not.

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 9
Didn't send anything to HK, but I sent something to Malaysia via international small packet air and it took over a month to get there. I also sent another to Italy and it's about 30 days now and it still hasnt showed up and the buyer launched a paypal dispute against me.

I also have 3 freaking parcels coming from the states via airmail and none showed up after 3 weeks. Is it canadapost ****ing up? or the customs? I've got no idea, I'm pissed...

edit: however, most of the time they do arrive within 9 business days...sometimes 15....depending on where it's going. Saying 6-10 business days but showing up after over 20 business days is outrageous!

Mar 21, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #6 of 9
Was not able to insure the imod i shipped for more then $100. And making a claim for insurance takes a while. Buyer wants news and me too, but there is nothing much more I can do.

Apr 24, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #7 of 9
This situation is getting out of hand. The buyer is really rude with me. Would it be possible to have someone to try to work out something for both ends. Anyone willing to be the middle man between the buyer and I?

Apr 24, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was not able to insure the imod i shipped for more then $100. And making a claim for insurance takes a while. Buyer wants news and me too, but there is nothing much more I can do.

if you were using canada post (i think you said you did), you can insure for more than $100 if you're willing to pay extra.

if the postal worker told you otherwise, then
blink.gif

edit: it takes 45 days to make a claim w/ canada post i believe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back