Shellbrook Audio Lab integrity restored, IMO!
May 11, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Integrity has nothing to do with customer satisfaction. In a general sense, 'integrity’ refers to a quality of a person's character. In this case, it is not the trait of the customer, but that of the seller.

I think that integrity of a builder/seller/vendor has everything to do with customer satisfaction. A vendor's character is built upon good business practice and customer satisfaction because it shows how good the vendor is. I dont think that acs236 was referring to the integrity of a customer, but of the vendor.

- Ivan C.

May 11, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #17 of 25
I agree that perhaps mike-b has been a bit overzealous, but unless you (mbriant) or another moderator is willing to search his IP and back up these accusations we might be going a bit far with this business about him not being who he said it is (though let me be perfectly clear that I otherwise agree with the spirit of your post).

May 11, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #18 of 25
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A REAL LIFE STORY OF MY OWN EXPERIENCE WITH SHELL****AUDIO

ordered an exteremely overpriced (wish i knew that at the time) pimeta from him in november last year for $200 w/ opa627 upgrade. he failed to ship it on two seperate dates and finally i got the pimeta about 2 months later in january, with very poor packing may i add.

used it and liked it (my first headphone amp) for about 2 months then i finally opened it up to see what was inside. at that point i felt shocked, ripped off, humiliated. NOT only was the amp built EXTREMELY SLOPPILY, but i don't even think he COMPLETED the design of the pimeta by leaving out parts, AND he didn't even upgrade it like i had PAID for. he RIPPED me off.

upon contacting him with pictures he offered to "send out the upgrade parts to me" instead of taking it in his shop and correcting his SEVERE wrongs. i expressed to him that i was not good with electronics and didn't know how to add the upgrade. he told me it was simple to pop out the old opamps and stick in the new one. i got a single opa627 amp and a buffer in the mail packed in an altoids tin about a week later. well then i discovered it seemed he had glued/soldered on the old opamps and buffers so they were irremovable even with pliers. at this point i don't even care anymore but i will continuously spread news about my experience with him and discourage anybody from buying from him....

this is the worst treatment i have ever recieved as a consumer, ever. NEVER buy from him. NEVER. and here is a picture of the $200 pimeta....

IMG_0431Large.jpg

May 11, 2005 at 5:04 PM Post #19 of 25
I bought two amps from Shellbrook Audio Lab. They work great and I am satisfied. I will do business with him again. Sheeeesh!

One original little thread stating facts and a couple of opinions doth not a war make. How can that be over-zealous? You folks never have a reason to feel good about a purchase? I guess not.

mike-b, over and out.

May 11, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #20 of 25
i'm just stating my experience for all to hear. there are plenty of bad experiences people have had with shellbrook. it's quite sad to hear that someone having a good experience is 'breaking news'.

May 11, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dano1122
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A REAL LIFE STORY OF MY OWN EXPERIENCE WITH SHELL****AUDIO

ordered an exteremely overpriced (wish i knew that at the time) pimeta from him in november last year for $200 w/ opa627 upgrade. he failed to ship it on two seperate dates and finally i got the pimeta about 2 months later in january, with very poor packing may i add.

used it and liked it (my first headphone amp) for about 2 months then i finally opened it up to see what was inside. at that point i felt shocked, ripped off, humiliated. NOT only was the amp built EXTREMELY SLOPPILY, but i don't even think he COMPLETED the design of the pimeta by leaving out parts, AND he didn't even upgrade it like i had PAID for. he RIPPED me off.

upon contacting him with pictures he offered to "send out the upgrade parts to me" instead of taking it in his shop and correcting his SEVERE wrongs. i expressed to him that i was not good with electronics and didn't know how to add the upgrade. he told me it was simple to pop out the old opamps and stick in the new one. i got a single opa627 amp and a buffer in the mail packed in an altoids tin about a week later. well then i discovered it seemed he had glued/soldered on the old opamps and buffers so they were irremovable even with pliers. at this point i don't even care anymore but i will continuously spread news about my experience with him and discourage anybody from buying from him....

this is the worst treatment i have ever recieved as a consumer, ever. NEVER buy from him. NEVER. and here is a picture of the $200 pimeta....

IMG_0431Large.jpg

Can I ask why you think $200 is "extremely overpriced?" I just did a quick check as a matter of curiousity, I found Pimeta's ranging in price from $175-$225. Your price seems about average.

Also, I'm hardly an electronics pro, but I don't see anything "extremely sloppy" about the amps construction either. The worst I can see is that a few resistors have one leg longer than the other, hardly a crisis of epic proportions.

The opamp business is another story, but I really doubt he intentionally shipped you the wrong opamp. Shipping it in an altoids tin shouldn't be an issue, as most consumers don't have access to anti static packaging. At least the tin offers some shielding. Finally, your complaints that he asked poor you to pop out a socketed opamp out and insert a new one instead of going through the hassle of shipping it back so he could do something that takes 30 seconds is ridiculous.

May 11, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #22 of 25
I had a very good experiance with drew and my maxi moy headphone amp. It was a little bit late in arriving but that didn't bother me much. Hes aa great guy and I would buy from him again for sure. (ascent here I come)

May 11, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

, but i don't even think he COMPLETED the design of the pimeta by leaving out parts,

That amp is complete. There are some spots on the board for optional parts like input capacitors etc. that aren't populated normally. Here you can check what the 'left out' parts are.

May 11, 2005 at 5:29 PM Post #24 of 25
did you even read my post? he didn't ship me the wrong opamps, read it again before you come racing to defend such an incompetent builder. and did you feel it necessary to quote my whole post including the picture? $200 for that piece? you gota be joking. that's over priced for such a piece of junk work and for all the headache and stress his customer service and lack of competence has given me. the build is extermely ugly looking, missing caps, not secured to the body properly, a paid for upgrade was not even included. how can you take his side on this?

May 11, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #25 of 25
Im closing this thread as all of this has been hashed over and over in the past already. If anyone has anything new to report on Shellbrook's service after dealing with them , please put it in the feedback forum where it belongs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back