Shave like a Man!
Nov 26, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 33
Yeah, real men do wetshave!
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #4 of 33
You can shave like a man, but you can only be a REAL man if you wear your Grado's (with standards pads) for more then 8h a day - NEVER FORGET THAT!
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 33
I used a straight razor for a few years. The problem with them is that it took 30-40 minutes to do it right. I might take it up again after retirement, but I'm only going to spend five minutes or so shaving.

I switched back to a double edged safety razor a few years back. Those are wonderful and a shave takes about the same amount of time as a modern razor. I highly recommend a vintage Gillette "Fatboy." They're inexpensive, blades are cheap and it always gives a quality shave. If anyone goes this route, try a sampler pack of blades from West Coast Shaving.

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 33
Real men shave using a shard of glass as the razor, napalm as the foam and then a rubdown with number 80 sandpaper to exfoliate those pores afterwards.

Nov 26, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #11 of 33
Real men shave using live tigers, crocodiles, and venemous snakes, and they exfoliate by falling off their motorcycles at high speed. There is no shave closer or more exhilarating.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #12 of 33
With a rusty rasp, I sharpen the nail on my "this little piggy had roast beef" toe, force my leg up to my face, and shave with my left foot. The pain in my hip becomes so great, I loose consciousness. I lost and eye in 96'.

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #14 of 33
I picked up DE razor shaving a couple years ago and haven't looked by since. I really enjoy shaving in the morning now and I enjoy whipping up lather in a bowl. I can't ever go back to canned gels, th esmell and feel just can't compare.

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #15 of 33
In class, they tell us that we know our tools (chisels, marking knives, plane blades) are sharp when we can shave the hairs of our arms off with them. I think I'm going to try shaving using my Japanese marking knife one day. Straight off the 1600 block.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back