Sharp MT-MD80
Sep 14, 2001 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Braver

Will upgrade headphoneswhen there's a MX600.
k, decided to just see it as a nice opportunity to upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif
got myself a mt80! if Sharp decides to repair my sr50 for free, I'll just sell it or keep it as a backup
smily_headphones1.gif

first impressions:

solid and tight construction. my sr50 was getting slightly wobbly around the edges compared to this. not too charmed with the way they put the battery thingy there. no biggy tho. might be lighter than the sr50 (specs at least say so), don't really feel it tho. is smaller, not by much. buttons look and feel a lot better than on the sr50, could see the guts of the player when peeking past the buttons on that one. the disc for volume and ff/rw looks very good.

no tos-link cable, but I had one. no battery, but I got 6 NiMH's
smily_headphones1.gif
. no remote, never had one, might be nice. the model up (mt90) is the same player, but with all that stuff, but it was 50$ more. not worth it for a remote IMO. also found a place that sells Sharp parts, might have the remore for not too much $$. the mt80 also slighty looks better, more fun with the circles an all. 10mW, gotta love Sharp for that. these will power my hd565 with pleasure
smily_headphones1.gif

and the suplied earbuds! damn, they look a lot like the Senn mx400! it says Sharp on them tho. soundcheck!! WOW! they sound pretty much the same as my mx500!! w0000t !
biggrin.gif
hot damn, thumbs up for Sharp for being the first to include quality earbuds with their mdps!! and they're neckchainstyle with a golden plug as well! sending them an e-mail tomight to check if they're truely mx400's and to congratulate them!

thumbs up to Sharp on this one!

Sep 15, 2001 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 3
I plan to get the 90/99, which is the same player but with MDLP. Good to know that the construction is good on that model. Does sharp sell spare remotes for their MD players like Sony does? Is there any chance that a remote with a backlit display could be used with the 99?

Sep 15, 2001 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 3
the Sharp site says you can contact them to get a remote. here in the Netherlands, I'd have to order them through a parts-shop. my guess it''ll be costly tho. remember buyin a beltclip (piece of plastic) from Sony for over $10..the walkman had cost me about $15...I'm gonna try tho. see what it'll cost.

check the faq at sharp.com for more info, also says something about remotes compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back