sharing worst experience in audio-gd! Be careful everyone..
Dec 11, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #16 of 29
  The Story is short.
The people bought a NFB10WM ,maybe from used market, and complain the sibilant .
I advice he change another computer or disc player for try.
He said he use the DAC so the sound just depend on the DAC, should not relating with the computer or CDP.  And let me explain why have relating with the computer or CDP.
I am consider this is long story to explain and  most hifi fans have know why, so I let he discuss this subject in forum.

The last two emails the people said some very bad and begrimed words in CHinese, which is I can't reply any words.

"
The Story is short.
The people bought a NFB10WM ,maybe from used market, and complain the sibilant .
I advice he change another computer or disc player for try.
He said he use the DAC so the sound just depend on the DAC, should not relating with the computer or CDP.  And let me explain why have relating with the computer or CDP.
"
The first part you said is correct. I got this used condition from a head-fier here and struggling with sibilance. 
Your advice is changing a computer or CD player. only one simple sentence without any reason. That's fine so far, i m not blame you here even I got little bit uncomfortable with how simple,short your answer is. Because that makes me confused you know. Then I asked question,asked you to briefly explain the principle, hope to find answer from you.(I think most rookie do the same thing if he dont understand, unfortunately I am new in this field).
For these reply that I did not try his idea to change computer. My Answer is I m willing to do that but before start, is it normal to get idea, or say the reason why to do? at least let this idea make sense? But he did not give me chance to understand, I ask him why ,the reply he did just too simple and dull that easily make people feel he blew you off..

"I am consider this is long story to explain and  most hifi fans have know why, so I let he discuss this subject in forum."

If you think its too long for explanation, you can just say its a long story, do some reserch by yourself similar words like that which I completely accept that way and will do some research by myself. However, what you said is very simple,short, machine language that "go to forum" that's all(only three words, no anymore explanation added, can you believe that?). you even did not mention what forum it is. as in Email, we communicate in Chinese, even never mention English or head-fi forum before. There has bunch of headphone forum out there no matter it is in English or Chinese, how can I know which one you re talking about? too simple and arbitrary just makes it feels not sincere at all. (in this case, pls allow me to question if you have color eyes to difference domestic and worldwidel market customer, i know you have lots of great customer review from worldwide customer, but I believe that your attitude in replying will be different if its not a Chinese customer 
rolleyes.gif
). Imagine the scenario in my side, what makes you think that you are sincere to answer my question depends on these short  "machine-like" words? ("go to forum" for example)you just makes me feel that you completely play at me and want to quickly get rid of this issue. (sorry if I misunderstand you here but have to say its not good communication!)

"The last two emails the people said some very bad and begrimed words in CHinese, which is I can't reply any words."

Answer is I did not use begrimed word at all for the god sake (if "jerk" is such a serious begrimed word as concerned?). After these short answers, I have to say I got mad by these short, non- reason answers. Its not answering anything but "black hole" for me to dig. (ask you how, changing computer which is not a reasonable idea that normally rookie will understand without explaining. ask you why then, let me go to unmentioned forum). Such a arbitrary and annoying answer in reply is the reason why I m considering you just blew me off . So. I complained how bad communication service it is in Email (that's where 1st complained Email comes from).

"The last two emails the people said some very bad and begrimed words in CHinese, which is I can't reply any words." continue..

(if you think it contains many begrimed words inside, what can I say is..)
In this 1st complained Email, I complained that your respond (changing computer & go to forum) is "jerk answer" depends on you never explained everything just simply try to let me follow you without any reason. (I think only a fool will completely follow a guy that he is not familiar with without any reason 
confused_face.gif
 )(as I mentioned above, this misunderstanding can be completely avoid by simply said its long story. overall just let me know you are too tired to explain them, I will ask google and find by myself !).
so overall depending on this machine-like reply, I considering that you are irresponsible , just try to blew me off. I think it make sense that why I called them as "jerk reply".
This is the 1st email.

And then I wait long time, anxiously look forward to see you reply or say any explanation.  But that never happened. In this case, dont you think its normal for me to prove that you are a irresponsible man at all? the real good company or a good seller will try their best to comfort customer rather than ignore or escape from their complain. 

Some customer may just get rest and let it go in the case like this, but I am just the person that always want to make things to be clear. So I can't hold my mood but sending a second complained email. (Thats where 2nd compalined email comes from).
even in the 2nd email I sent, even I was truly angry at that time, I still, I promise I never say a real begrimed word as he mentioned in above reply (ex. fxxx,shxx any words refer to mother like these word for the god sake I will never use them). All I said is "how can you play at customers like this", "how can you not replying when you see complaint email like this ","where is your reputation comes from by these bad service" like that.. If you have to take one, I will say I said "hello profitter,see your profiteer" this sentence in the end of 2nd email to express my angry and disappoint about his attitude if you can consider it as a begrimed word. But the word I use in email (in Chinese) is just a common word that described a bad business man who only interested in earning money even without basic moral in Chinese.(nothing personal to his family or even himself, if it does, i apologize here but only the action not my personal thought to what a person he really is
mad.gif

Then I told him that I will post some thread in some forum to talk about my experience in this case. (Which I actually did here
normal_smile .gif

conclusion..

Seeing what this audio-gd guy replied here, only want to defending himself but ignore anything he did( not replying, ignore complaint, machine like dull answer.) never try to find reason why customer complained but just trying to prove how reasonable he is to make "disapearring " things seems right.  even by saying "I use begrimed word in email" to reach this goal. NO ANY SIGN to show his introspection or any sammary to this case.

I have no any word for comment in this case, i think I said enough. Feel free to review this thread. Every one has own thought, welcome any feedback to me even you think what im doing is not right~

Thanks guys for taking time to see this thread!

can't believe I wrote so much~~

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #17 of 29
Very true. If you won't try what Kingwa first suggested he can't help you troubleshoot further.

but before follow, I CAN'T JUST follow him without any reason or understanding??? I think only a fool(sorry if rude here but just for example) will follow someone who he is not familiar with without any reason. of course I will follow if it make sense. BUT I dont see any chance he give to me to understand?  I do give him a chance by asking reason, see what he said? go to forum! if you dont want to expalin, just say it I will ask google. he even did not mention any forum he's talking about

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 29
  OP .. you have not changed your source to isolate the problem (as previous posters have suggested). That's the number one action anybody should do in this case. Even swap out cables. Please don't get angry - am sure we all would feel frustrated but **** happens. 

Nice to see the designer on this thread (I'm hoping to buy a Audio-GD soon) so that is a good sign

I m willing to, but before start, at least give a simple reason or just explain to me its too long for him to expalin, let me ask google to do some reaseach by myself??? his reply is way too bad for a commucation

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #19 of 29
but before follow, I CAN'T JUST follow him without any reason or understanding??? I think only a fool(sorry if rude here but just for example) will follow someone who he is not familiar with without any reason. of course I will follow if it make sense. BUT I dont see any chance he give to me to understand?  I do give him a chance by asking reason, see what he said? go to forum! if you dont want to expalin, just say it I will ask google. he even did not mention any forum he's talking about

I see where you are coming from, but I don't agree with that line of thought. Do you have another source on hand that you can try? If not, it would have been much simpler to ask him why with the reasoning that you would have needed to buy something. Just asking someone why is considered kind of rude imo especially as there is no chance of your causing damage to anything just by trying a different source. Now if he told you to open it up and swap out some electronics, then I could see you asking for an explanation.

Honestly I'm not sure whether you are more interested in getting rid of the issue or just trying to attack Kingwa. If you want to drag things out at least try what he is asking you to do. It's hard to help someone diagnose a problem over the phone/internet and it's even harder when the customer doesn't want to do the most basic of troubleshooting tests. He really can't help you any further until he knows if the DAC is the source of the sibilance.

As for the talk about him sending you to a nameless forum, he knows that you didn't buy from him which leaves either buying it from Ebay, a forum, or from a friend. Perhaps he shouldn't have made that assumption, but it's an honest mistake. I don't think he's just trying to get rid of you.

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #20 of 29
I see where you are coming from, but I don't agree with that line of thought. Do you have another source on hand that you can try? If not, it would have been much simpler to ask him why with the reasoning that you would have needed to buy something. Just asking someone why is considered kind of rude imo especially as there is no chance of your causing damage to anything just by trying a different source. Now if he told you to open it up and swap out some electronics, then I could see you asking for an explanation.

Honestly I'm not sure whether you are more interested in getting rid of the issue or just trying to attack Kingwa. If you want to drag things out at least try what he is asking you to do. It's hard to help someone diagnose a problem over the phone/internet and it's even harder when the customer doesn't want to do the most basic of troubleshooting tests. He really can't help you any further until he knows if the DAC is the source of the sibilance.

As for the talk about him sending you to a nameless forum, he knows that you didn't buy from him which leaves either buying it from Ebay, a forum, or from a friend. Perhaps he shouldn't have made that assumption, but it's an honest mistake. I don't think he's just trying to get rid of you.

yeah I also tried with my  portable setup to drive it(ALO amp+ALO solo+copper interconnect ), ALO solo RCA spdif as well as my ps3+coxial spdif.. 
besides as I mentioned i m not focus on his suggestion of changing computer/CD source is correct or not, just want to show how bad his communication & customer service is. (however you change the direction from customer service mistake to his correctness of suggestion every time when I m talking about customer service and communication.. divert attention huh..)

yeah honestly you are right i m not interested in getting rid of this issue, not want to simply let it go from my memory. Attacking Kingwa.. yeah , kind of , (or say sharing my experience seems better in look since its the true experience), but this kinda attacking is not based on random slander but the truth experience I have got from him. Sharing experience and let more people notice his customer service is the purpose of why I start this thread.
I m not expect his apologize anymore just want to share it so that some people might considering it when they purchase. Good source though~

for that explanation of nameless forum I can't say anything about it because I m not him, no idea how he s thinking. May be lol..
popcorn.gif

Dec 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #21 of 29
  We are always like to cooperate with all users resolve the problems which they had encounter while use the product .
But if user have not cooperate with us,  we can't do anythings to resolve the problems.

good to know you like to cooperate with users. But before asking customers to cooperate, can you please first cooperate with customers?
in this case you can either explaining questions or ask user to do research online if its too hard for explanation. But you choose the 3rd way: ignore & escape.

Now becomes to be my fault that not cooperating with you huh..even I asked reason and  you did not answer it (if anyone think I should follow him before understanding its principle, just trust him right away to make changes.. all I can say is I do care about my $ tks..) From this guys words seems that Customers should try and fully follow him even without any understanding of its reason. It is not necessary for me to know the reason why make that change? All we should do is to fully follow you~  
By the way Good tactics in diverting attention from customer service to the discussing correctness of the suggestion you post.
now I becomes to be the problem that why you disappeared, all because I didn't directly take your suggestion and do what you said even when I do not understand its reason at that time. haha~

Dec 11, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #22 of 29
Its really rather simple, A you are dealing through a language barrier, B you are asking him to help you, and C he knows more about supporting the product than you ever will.

What you need to do is, A do as he asks, B report the results, and C wait for a reply.

Dec 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #23 of 29
yeah I also tried with my  portable setup to drive it(ALO amp+ALO solo+copper interconnect ), ALO solo RCA spdif as well as my ps3+coxial spdif.. 
besides as I mentioned i m not focus on his suggestion of changing computer/CD source is correct or not, just want to show how bad his communication & customer service is. (however you change the direction from customer service mistake to his correctness of suggestion every time when I m talking about customer service and communication.. divert attention huh..)

yeah honestly you are right i m not interested in getting rid of this issue, not want to simply let it go from my memory. Attacking Kingwa.. yeah , kind of , (or say sharing my experience seems better in look since its the true experience), but this kinda attacking is not based on random slander but the truth experience I have got from him. Sharing experience and let more people notice his customer service is the purpose of why I start this thread.
I m not expect his apologize anymore just want to share it so that some people might considering it when they purchase. Good source though~

for that explanation of nameless forum I can't say anything about it because I m not him, no idea how he s thinking. May be lol..:popcorn:  

Just telling you how I see things, I don't really like your suggestion that I'm a shill or something, I hope it's a joke. I've never even owned a piece of A-GD gear. :p Personally I would accept that level of support hence why I am not talking about that. I don't see it as an issue. In fact this is exactly the way I help my friends or parents with their computers, if the easy and short fix doesn't solve it, that's when you really get a chance to see how much support you can get from someone.

So, you've tried different sources, how does it sound?

Dec 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #24 of 29
Just telling you how I see things, I don't really like your suggestion that I'm a shill or something, I hope it's a joke. I've never even owned a piece of A-GD gear.
tongue.gif
Personally I would accept that level of support hence why I am not talking about that. I don't see it as an issue. In fact this is exactly the way I help my friends or parents with their computers, if the easy and short fix doesn't solve it, that's when you really get a chance to see how much support you can get from someone.

So, you've tried different sources, how does it sound?

sorry if its bother you but just mention the different focus there since I focus on his customer service( way of communication & disappearing case later ) and you focus on how correctness his suggestion is. Seems we discuss this case in two totally different aspects.

none of them solve the sibilant, may be just because my d5000 is way too sensitive to control its treble 
confused_face.gif
 I even start to change my music taste from pop to classic now..

again sorry if my previous comment makes you feel like shill.. we have different opinions and seeing this matter from different sides. Thanks for helping anyway even we have different opinion..

Dec 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #25 of 29
jvvcck - Kingwa has an extremely good reputation here on Head-Fi: you have a complaint and need help, therefore keep your complaint simple. It seems to me that English isn't your first language as is very probably true of all of Audio-GD's entire staff
smile.gif
  Please do not let things get out of hand, no matter how much you feel you were wronged. As has been pointed out, you are probably justified in starting this thread seeing as you thought you had been ignored, however I think it's exceptional that Audio-GD's main man came on here to address your question. Keep it simple and get back to him!

I'm sure current owners and prospective buyers (like me) are watching this thread, therefore please exercise restraint - I'm confident that your issue will be resolved. Get back to us when it has.

+1 on MohawkUS's response. Also try another headphone - or try using a set of speakers even to isolate the problem.

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #26 of 29
  jvvcck - Kingwa has an extremely good reputation here on Head-Fi: you have a complaint and need help, therefore keep your complaint simple. It seems to me that English isn't your first language as very probably true of all of Audio-GD's entire staff
smile.gif
  Please do not let things get out of hand, no matter how much you feel you were wronged. As has been pointed out, you are probably justified in starting this thread seeing as you thought you had been ignored, however I think it's exceptional that Audio-GD's main man came on here to address your question. Keep it simple and get back to him!

I'm sure current owners and prospective buyers (like me) are watching this thread, therefore please exercise restraint - I'm confident that your issue will be resolved. Get back to us when it has.

+1 on MohawkUS's response. Also try another headphone - or try using a set of speakers even to isolate the problem.

yeah thats true. I m also thinking saying too much here for same problem repeatedly. I won't say anymore. just leave thread there as reference to people.
Thanks

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #27 of 29
OP, a little perspective.   Kingwa isnt there to be your friend or your nanny (esp as you arent even his customer), he is there to provide you with a solution to your problem, which he has done.   If you want a detailed treatise on why, that's your problem:  it isnt his job to educate you.    Either try his proposed solution, or use head-fi to understand the principles involved.  When I call a helpdesk to troubleshoot a technical problem, and the guy on the other ends says do this or do that, I dont ask why.   I do what he says and later, i may ask why.

I have an Audio-GD amp and DAC, and recently emailed Kingwa about a potential issue with the Flavor settings on the DAC and high-bit-rate data streams.   His responses were brief but to the point and answered all my questions.    As I said, he's not there to be my agony aunt or best friend - he is there to give me the info i need.   Which he did.   I can respect that.

Seriously, let the concept of "he has to explain himself to me" drop - he doesnt.   He has to give you a proposed solution - which he did.    And you responded by calling him a jerk for not living up to *your* expectations.     If there is a jerk in this exchange, it's you for being unable to maintain a degree of civility and to ask your questions in a polite manner.     If you were my customer, that would also be the end of any professional advice you got from me as well.

Dec 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #28 of 29
sorry if its bother you but just mention the different focus there since I focus on his customer service( way of communication & disappearing case later ) and you focus on how correctness his suggestion is. Seems we discuss this case in two totally different aspects.

none of them solve the sibilant, may be just because my d5000 is way too sensitive to control its treble :confused_face:  I even start to change my music taste from pop to classic now..

again sorry if my previous comment makes you feel like shill.. we have different opinions and seeing this matter from different sides. Thanks for helping anyway even we have different opinion..

Understood. Now that you mention your musical tastes, that may be where the problem lies. I listen to metal myself, which tends to be recorded poorly and produced hot(read... sibilant) and that is exactly why I decided against A-GD gear a few years ago when I was DAC shopping. When reading reviews it was said that A-GD will not hide the flaws of your music so I went for something that was a little more forgiving.

Haha, be happy that Kingwa isn't like some of the Hi-Fi brands that I have heard of, you tell them you are hearing sibilance and they tell you that "you have a horrible taste in music and you have no reason to own our gear." I can't recall any brand names but I have seen a few people on various forums who have had to deal with that.

Anyway, I guess I'll bow out of here too. I don't think there is anything else to say. Hope you find a solution to the sibilance issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back