Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #226 of 339
I just think the customer is being overly trollish and malicious. Sure, he had a customer service issue, but again, he's being a real 'Ken' about it.

You're welcomed to think that all you want, and you would be wrong. I don't even own a single Woo product. I'm much more of a Chord fanboy, and anyone familiar with my posts and history on head-fi knows that.

PS, I'm seeing a lot of new users in this thread, where did they come from? Or, are they perhaps all John?

I’ve been here for years. And the only troll here is you.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #227 of 339
clearly woo's plan of hiring an affiliated reviewer to say some nonsense and derail the post from the further meaningful discussion and avoiding the question is working

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #228 of 339
I’ve been here for years. And the only troll here is you.

The more personal attacks like this here, the more chance of this thread being deleted by the mods. Just saying.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #229 of 339
Woo Audio is in the customer experience business, their vehicle to the customer is their audio equipment. While this is a simple statement it can be said of all retail, hospitality, restaurants, gas stations, the list goes on and on. If a company exceeds a customer's expectations they "own" that customer for life. If the company stumbles, as Woo has clearly done, the service recovery is even more important and gives them another opportunity to make things right. John's experience with Woo customer service has been poor, it is now up to Woo to work with John and turn his experience around. While a customer is not always right, they are never wrong.

It took me years to realize this, but when I did, it changed my approach to business and the customer experience and my businesses flourished. I know this because I own a restaurant and 2 retail stores. I am in the customer experience business.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #230 of 339
@Mediahound, it's unwise to go against the crown when they're out for blood, learned that myself the hard way.
I just think the customer is being overly trollish and malicious. Sure, he had a customer service issue, but again, he's being a real 'Ken' about it.
Thousands of people had and will have customer issues, myself with JPS Labs and Bottlehead and even if very few blast it with a catchy title anyone has the right to create a thread. Smart people will make up their own mind on buying woo regardless of the title. Just quit.

I wish head-fi was as angry when Larry Ho stole millions from us.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #231 of 339
76C9DA17-ACBA-44ED-A990-0A4A278A0F00.jpeg

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #233 of 339
@Mediahound, it's unwise to go against the crown when they're out for blood, learned that myself the hard way.

Thousands of people had and will have customer issues, myself with JPS Labs and Bottlehead and even if very few blast it with a catchy title anyone has the right to create a thread. Smart people will make up their own mind on buying woo regardless of the title. Just quit.

I wish head-fi was as angry when Larry Ho stole millions from us.

Calling out Larry Ho has nothing to do with the issue at hand. But people should call out bad customer service. It's the only way to make companies try harder at getting our business. And the issue at hand goes more than a bit beyond the normal flavor of dispute about repairs.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #234 of 339
People have been calling out bad customer service in lots of threads, this one is pretty popular for some reason. The sooner Woo admits the screw up and apologises this can all go away. They can't be that clueless...can they?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #235 of 339
I just think the customer is being overly trollish and malicious.

PS, I'm seeing a lot of new users in this thread, where did they come from? Or, are they perhaps all John?

If anyone is trolling here, it's you.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with how the OP handled himself. I would've been far more explosive in my responses far sooner than the OP, had I been involved in a situation like this.

Not sure what your motive is, but this thread isn't about how OP is behaving, but rather Woo's response to customer's issues, or the lack thereof.

No one is trying to derail this thread, except for you!

You claim yourself a Youtube reviewer? Well I can tell which way you lean without even watching your clips, and I don't intend to.

Going back on topic, I'm glad I came across this thread. I am scratching Woo Audio products from my "things to buy" list.

To me, how this incident originated or what caused the unit to fail is unimportant.

My biggest take away is how Woo Audio treats its customers.

For that reason, "I am out!"

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #236 of 339
How is this thread getting so complicated. let’s review the page 1, we all know what’s happen. Beside the defect product, Woo was done talking to customer and block phone number can’t accepted by anyone. Whether it’s legal or not, woo was really rude to their customers. As “Audio cycle is very small”, woo need get it done better on this concern.

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #237 of 339
I dunno about that. I have a problem with Kens and Karens who have this attitude of 'if I just make enough noise, I'll get stuff for free.'
to be fair, them seemed to try all they could to contact Woo before making this public, and it seems to be a widespread issue that their support is mediocre. Why are you defending Woo so hard? They clearly have issues.

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #238 of 339
How is this thread getting so complicated. let’s review the page 1, we all know what’s happen. Beside the defect product, Woo was done talking to customer and block phone number can’t accepted by anyone. Whether it’s legal or not, woo was really rude to their customers. As “Audio cycle is very small”, woo need get it done better on this concern.

Agreed, as a customer myself, I would like to see Woo's attitude toward the inappropriate behavior of their team member. I will keep watching this thread and I highly recommend everyone reading this thread ignore the "clown". Responding to the clown could only evoke a strong desire to perform.

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #239 of 339
to be fair, them seemed to try all they could to contact Woo before making this public, and it seems to be a widespread issue that their support is mediocre. Why are you defending Woo so hard? They clearly have issues.

B-b-b-but the customer is being a Karen from my point of view, therefore he's cancelled.

- some random guy on the internet

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #240 of 339
B-b-b-but the customer is being a Karen from my point of view, therefore he's cancelled.

- some random guy on the internet
this reminds me of ROTS and I'm currently laughing my ass off
"From my point of the Jedis are evil"
thank you, sir, for this amazing line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back