Sharing my friend's poor experience with Woo Audio's customer service
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #136 of 339
I wanna thank Jack for taking the time and reaching out to me again.@Woo Audio

Here is the latest conversion:
4.png5.png
This is pretty silly on the part of Woo. They want you to be thankful that they're actually speaking to you? That you have the privilege of speaking to a real live human being? And they are asking you to have the thread closed? Come on, Woo. This has escalated from a "communications mistake" to a "textbook example of what not do to". If you're attempting to hide your interactions with a customer, you're doing customer service wrong.

In looking at your responses above, it's becoming more clear to me that you are actually more of a problem customer than Woo is a problem business, to speak quite frankly.

The way you badger and antagonize them is certainly quite eye rolling.
Sure the customer is upset - he's got reasons to be upset. And any company worth surviving will adeptly handle an upset customer. Why? Because if this is how Woo treats customers, even after scrutiny and the opportunity to clean it up, then I don't want to be one. Though I will admit I've got some skin in the game - I own two Woo Audio headphone stands. Which appears to be the end of my business with Woo.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #137 of 339
In looking at your responses above, it's becoming more clear to me that you are actually more of a problem customer than Woo is a problem business, to speak quite frankly.

WOW, just WOW! I can't believe how you are saying that and wiping the floor for Woo Audio so hard.
I was thinking last night since Woo got so much heat on, and failed their attempt to to show up and clear things up.
They will probably come out and apologize to me and Moon Audio, then I would accept it. Moving forward with the technical part remains to be answered.
Yet they give me another surprise as people can see in the email by themselves.
So stop wiping the floor for Woo Audio and attacking me, please.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #138 of 339

Nonsense. You don't get to give a non response and blame the customer for being upset.

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #139 of 339
In fairness to Woo Audio (and I have no skin in the game here, other than, full disclosure, I know the Woo guys and consider them friends), wouldn't it be better to just lay out your own experience with them versus put an incendiary title of "DO NOT BUY Woo Audio's products"?

You're certainly entitled to sharing your experience, etc., and people will make their own decisions. But it just seems outright malicious to tell others 'not to buy'.
I can sense some heat from the OP side for sure, but that’s pretty warranted, the fact is woo hasn’t addressed any further on their side of the story and since they have no intention to explain themselves or to apologize, customer isn’t overreaching for taking actions on his side to spread out his voice because he’s entitled to, if you have skin in the game you shouldn’t be criticizing the customer instead you should be in touch with woo and ask them to take a positive stance and at least address some of the issues they had with their CS, that’s the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #140 of 339
I really don't get why Woo kept irresponsible and unprofessional for so long. This thread is already 10-pages long and has been here for days. Why it is so hard for Woo to apologize, rectify and improve themselves. As a company, being patient and polite to customers is the bottomline. Put possible design flaws and potential cable problems aside, Woo NEED to do something and accept the criticism. What Mike did and said was unacceptable and it is OBVIOUS. I dont see a single reason why it is so hard for Woo to take responsibility and do things properly. Admitting faults and apologize is not so hard not to mention that Mike did totally deserves it.

It is the ATTITUDE and the way Mike spoke to John that irritates customers like me. The way Mike deals with aftersales is just ironic. Be responsible please.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #141 of 339
I suspect a lack of self biasing or improper grounding between amp and case. But I will wait time see if they answer my previous post or if there’s something else up. There’s only that much hands off debugging to do
As far as I have tried over two dozens portable amps on the market, I have never seen issues with the "ground". If an amp truly required a "ground" to function properly, which somehow does not make any sense, they can always do that internally by connecting the 5th pole to its case of an empty galvanic cell. Although there are certain amps designed to be able to share the ground with the input source, like Masskobo 404, which works on AK dap's internal protocol to active the 2.5+3.5 LO. As far as I know, connect the 5th pole to its case would be the most convenient solution.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #142 of 339
EDIT:

It's clear that people here are incapable of actually having any sort of reasonable and reasoned dialogue, so, I'm out.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #143 of 339
I dunno about that. I have a problem with the Kens and Karens out there who have the attitude of 'if I just make enough noise, I'll get stuff for free'.

In fairness to John (and I have no skin in the game here, other than, full disclosure, I know the JOhnZs guy and consider him a friend), wouldn't it be better to just focus on what you "do no" instead of what you "dunno" and read the "I am done talking to you" email from Woo.

Except looking for excuses and saying they are doing "as humanly as possible", what else have they done yet?

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #144 of 339
I dunno about that. I have a problem with Kens and Karens who have this attitude of 'if I just make enough noise, I'll get stuff for free.'
There's a little bit of that, but there are other instances where Woo has blamed other parties about issues with their gear. Things like: "your tubes are the problem", "your cable is the problem", "your headphones are the problem". I personally had Mike tell me that my headphones were not good enough for their "Ferrari" of amp.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #145 of 339
I dunno about that. I have a problem with the Kens and Karens out there who have the attitude of 'if I just make enough noise, I'll get stuff for free'.

Read the exchange in full. Mike retroactively requested a repair charge, blamed OP for using a faulty cable, and tried to upsell a $300 cable to OP, and then blocked his number after OP pulled Drew into the exchange.

I would not have been as patient or as reasonable as John. In fact, I'd probably have made a post similar to this the moment Mike tries to say that their $1,200 amp isn't designed to work with balanced LO with either the WM1Z or the SP1000. It's hilarious what audiophiles put up with when cheap production-grade gear have a massive amount of failsafes and protection circuitry.

Although there are certain amps designed to be able to share the ground with the input source, like Masskobo 404, which works on AK dap's internal protocol to active the 2.5+3.5 LO. As far as I know, connect the 5th pole to its case would be the most convenient solution.

While the 404 has a lower noise floor with the extra A&K ground going into the 3.5mm input on the 404, it will work just fine on the single 2.5mm TRRS and Masuda has confirmed this with me. Granted, the 404 doesn't have as much output power as the WA11, but they're in the same ballpark IIRC.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #146 of 339
There's a little bit of that, but also Woo has blamed other parties about issues with their gear.

It's actually looking more and more like there is actually a problem with his Abyss headphones though.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #147 of 339
It's actually looking more and more like there is actually a problem with his Abyss headphones though.

And why wasn't this discovered by Mike all the way back in early July, when Woo had both the amp and his Abyss cans on hand?

Maybe his cans are broken. Maybe they aren't. But circling back to "oh it was the headphones all along!" after this post has blown up smells awfully like another attempt at deflecting.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #148 of 339
Read the exchange in full. Mike retroactively requested a repair charge, blamed OP for using a faulty cable, and tried to upsell a $300 cable to OP, and then blocked his number after OP pulled Drew into the exchange.

I would not have been as patient or as reasonable as John. In fact, I'd probably have made a post similar to this the moment Mike tries to say that their $1,200 amp isn't designed to work with balanced LO with either the WM1Z or the SP1000. It's hilarious what audiophiles put up with when cheap production-grade gear have a massive amount of failsafes and protection circuitry.

While the 404 has a lower noise floor with the extra A&K ground going into the 3.5mm input on the 404, it will work just fine on the single 2.5mm TRRS and Masuda has confirmed this with me. Granted, the 404 doesn't have as much output power as the WA11, but they're in the same ballpark IIRC.
I do agree with that. I am also using 404 with only the 2.5 lo from AK. They do have the best design and the best component used. Every time I tried to switch one of them, the sound just lose some feeling. The WA11 is using a direct DAC-AMP module whereas the 404 uses field-effect tube as output for the XLR. It is hard to compare them on the same level I have to say.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #150 of 339
EDIT:

It's clear that people here are incapable of actually having any sort of reasonable and reasoned dialogue, so, I'm out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back