Share your latest buying experience! (Us, Europe)
Jan 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

jackwess

fabio-fi, jackwess and formula1 are all the same person.
Guys, 
I have friends who are interested on upgrading headphone gear, and headamps. They are asking for suggestions on retailers, and i know you guys have more experience buying stuff than me. 

Can you please post, 
The name of the business, 
Location, 
Website, and Impressions of the purchase? 

Hopefully this will help other guys as a reference when looking for retailers. 

Thanks!! 

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 22
EUROPE/Sweden

I mostly buy from amazon.co.uk and I've never had any issues so far. It's always been a fast delivery despite importing from another country, and it's been well packaged all the time. Never had to send any cans back so I couldn't say anything about the warranty or returns policies..

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 22
US/California

Mostly I use amazon for all my headgear purchases.  Although I bought my Matrix M-Stage amp from Tam Audio (through their Amazon Store) but you can buy directly from the site (www.tamaudio.com), it ships directly from China.  You will get really good service.  

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 22
Thanks for the replies folks, i have used the Amazon service for buying cans. (my SRH840's) and it was a good experience dealing with them. (fishbulb, thats a really curious avatar..are you serious?) 
wink.gif

Keep them coming guys, 

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 22
US/Wisconsin

Amazon is almost always great for me. The packages arrive on-time and in perfect condition every time. GD Audiobase is okay, but though the plights of those in the horror stories of the place have been largely solved (you receive a tracking # and constant communication from them now), it still takes forever to ship.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #7 of 22
Let's see...I think the last thing I bought was the FA-011.

Store Name: Frogbeats
Store Location: Scotland
My Location: US/Kansas
Experience: Excellent.  I had a lot of communication with the owner about whether they would be stocking the FA-011, and then about when they would be in after they decided to stock them.  Their shipping was excellent as well (arrived in 3 days from Scotland to Kansas via DHL)

I've also purchased from MP4Nation, Electronics Expo, and DAKMART (via their Amazon DAHMART storefront), all with no issues.  Those three were all US sellers, and I didn't need to communicate with them at all, so there's not much to say about them.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 22
I mostly buy here through Head-Fi members (best quality, totally trustworthy, fair prices, answer questions and extremely helpful and just plain nice!)

Oh, and last purchase was a Cavalli eXStatA Hybrid Electrostatic amp....terrific!!

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #9 of 22
I bought the Asgard straight from Schiit.
I bought the HD600 from Amazon.
I've been buying tubes from various vendors, including from Woo Audio.

It's been a busy buying time for me!

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 22
Just bought Grado SR225i from amazon, bought my beyers from ebay.

had a hard time buying from the for sale section here, maybe because Im a new member. I replied to one post within 15 min and offered full price and still didnt get it :frowning2:

Id say the for sale section will have your best deals

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #15 of 22
Here in italy from Playstereo.com

They have a nice selection on headphone gear, fast and good service. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back