Shanling UP4 & UP2 - Bluetooth 5.0 DAC/AMP with ES9218P, balanced output, supporting LDAC, HWA LHDC, aptX HD, aptX Low Latency, aptX and AAC.
Feb 10, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #692 of 1,460
Feb 17, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #694 of 1,460
Hiii Guys ...

Has anyone here compared UP2 with Hiby W5 & W3 with the help of their third party application (Hiby Blue with their new technology features ~ UAT) ... I tried installing the application and tried connecting to UP2 force close the application ... Will the future application made by Shanling be equivalent to Hiby's product ???

And the highest & best quality is UP2 with W3 & W5 Guys ???

Please enlighten me best Guys, do I have to buy 1 collection from Hiby Mini version (Between W3 / W5), or do I have to be patient waiting for an application specifically for Shanling collection devices especially I only use 1 UP2 product as my first experience with LG V30 + ThinQ, Combined with Earphones & Jacks from Oyaide Premium AP & PP (Palladium) + Classic & Legendary Shure SE215 Full max upgrade customize Cable High Premium from : Hebra Definition, the best music application from Poweramp.apk & All 320 kbps & FLAC MP3 music file formats above 990 kbps to 1000 more kbps ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-17-03-51-01.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-17-03-51-01.png
    309.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2020-02-17-03-49-45.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-17-03-49-45.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #695 of 1,460
UP4 arrived early this morning. I've been listening in various connected ways all day.
In short, I boxed up my BTR5 for return after an hour or two.
Love this little thing so far. That is all.
:) Just wanted you (Shanling) to know.

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #696 of 1,460
Hiii Guys ...

Has anyone here compared UP2 with Hiby W5 & W3 with the help of their third party application (Hiby Blue with their new technology features ~ UAT) ... I tried installing the application and tried connecting to UP2 force close the application ... Will the future application made by Shanling be equivalent to Hiby's

UAT is Hiby propitiatory technology. It will not work outside of Hiby's own gears. However it is also super unstable and practical useless in real life scenario.

Feb 20, 2020 at 7:06 AM Post #698 of 1,460
i got confused about up2..does it support multipoint pairing? i mean pairing and using simultaneously with 2 devices.. what is the bottom switch for?

Yes, it does support multi-point pairing. First pair to device 1 (*pairing mode can be activated by pressing down the power/volume control button for 5 seconds when UP2 is off, till the LED shows red/blue flashing), then turn it off. Then pair it to device 2, turn it off again. Turn it back on and it will connect to device 2 automatically, now you just connect device 1 to it manually and it should be in multi-point mode.

There is no switch on the bottom.

Feb 24, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #699 of 1,460
[/QUOTE]
UAT is Hiby propitiatory technology. It will not work outside of Hiby's own gears. However it is also super unstable and practical useless in real life scenario.

Thank you very much & Very happy for your answer before I make a purchase of the product ... Still have to wait for the official application from @Shanling whether it can be used universally, especially UP2 ???

Feb 24, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #700 of 1,460
If I may ask again ... Can Shanling UP2 be able to use Earphones with a capacity of 600 Ohm (Like the earphones from TONEKING TO600) without having to use Amplify DAC Premium jumbo sizes above $300 ???

Since I am trying to buy only the Eerphone head (without the cable), it is fully customized to 600 Ohm which is combined as a premium quality cable on the LG V30 Plus ThinQ without the help of the jumbo Amplify DAC (As noted above before) ... Except I only use 1 Amplify DAC Mini from UP2 ... Hopefully understand what I mean Guys ...

-272774002-387477936.jpg

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #701 of 1,460
Thank you very much & Very happy for your answer before I make a purchase of the product ... Still have to wait for the official application from @Shanling whether it can be used universally, especially UP2 ???

We just returned to offices today,after a month away. Will give you some update when situation settles down.

If I may ask again ... Can Shanling UP2 be able to use Earphones with a capacity of 600 Ohm (Like the earphones from TONEKING TO600) without having to use Amplify DAC Premium jumbo sizes above $300 ???

Since I am trying to buy only the Eerphone head (without the cable), it is fully customized to 600 Ohm which is combined as a premium quality cable on the LG V30 Plus ThinQ without the help of the jumbo Amplify DAC (As noted above before) ... Except I only use 1 Amplify DAC Mini from UP2 ... Hopefully understand what I mean Guys ...

UP2 was designed for use with portable audio, so super efficient earphones and decently efficient headphones. Something unique as 600ohm earbuds was something we never tested, so can't really tell.

But if you mention that these were made for LG V30, which uses same DAC/AMP as UP2, it should work fine?

If you demand more power, I can only recommend to get UP4 instead and to use balanced connection.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 24, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #702 of 1,460
[/QUOTE]

I owns Shanling UP2 and UP4, plus Hiby W3 and W5. I can tell you in absolute certainty that UP2 and UP4 do not support UAT for now. Maybe Shanling can get a license from Hiby to use UAT in the future - except that the current form of UAT is, as said, good on paper but useless in real life. It will be a waste of Shanling's money if they decided to do so and won't make UP2/4 any better.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #704 of 1,460
Has anyone found or come up with any "screen" protector ideas for the UP4? The front glass looks very prone to scratches.

Screen protector film is the first thing I did on UP4 before even trying to bring it outside of the house as I have experience scratching up my UP2 (which is also under screen protector after that). They can be found on Taobao by 3rd party seller though I am not sure about any place else. I order two so it can cover both front and back but only installed it on the front since the back is hidden / protected under the shirt clip anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back