Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 5,808
Interchangeable headphones sockets mean.....an adapter of an adapter for the socket ? 0_0 whose idea was it ? I rather prefer onboard direct or direct soldered on wires
I'm wondering about this too? I think it must mean you can select which model you want, rather than interchange whenever you want, so the advertising copy might be a bit misleading. If it's truly interchangeable though... wow, how does that work?!

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #18 of 5,808
I'm wondering about this too? I think it must mean you can select which model you want, rather than interchange whenever you want, so the advertising copy might be a bit misleading. If it's truly interchangeable though... wow, how does that work?!
As it says unique system, patent pending, it’s got to be something more than just being able to select the model you want.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #19 of 5,808
As it says unique system, patent pending, it’s got to be something more than just being able to select the model you want.
Technically it can easily be done. For example, a locking mechanism (push-turn-twist-pull-snap in...etc..) that is recessed into the chassis and headphones sockets can simply be made into modular to accommodate the locking mechanism. The question here is that it is no different than using “Adapter”, then why ?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #21 of 5,808
The question here is that it is no different than using “Adapter”, then why ?
Neater I'm guessing, although I'd imagine it places some level of risk of failure in the device itself, rather than a cheaper adapter. Just speculation really at this point though, and I'm all for innovation and new ideas so it looks really interesting :)

Aug 14, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #23 of 5,808
How about an 8Pro-SE (Special Edition)
Paid in nuggets only :)
gold-metal-detectors.jpg

Aug 14, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #24 of 5,808
Okay, love to see product innovation but I'm still waiting on gapless playback (and some other core features) for the first Android-based DAP y'all put out. :p

Aug 14, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #27 of 5,808
I want to see pictures of that sockets new feature.
How does it work?

Its actually a damn smart move and hope it does not degrade quality. As some adapters do degrade and it sucks

Aug 14, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #28 of 5,808
Hmmmm another mobile device for me to track. Really satisfied with my month-old ZX-507, but am already eying a transportable (but not bigger than a DAP) device I can use around the house, front porch and backyard patio while the 507 would be used in purely mobile scenarios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back