Shanling M6 Ultra - 4x AKM AK4493S DAC, Snapdragon 665, Android 10 DAP
Aug 2, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #46 of 868
Sold! Where do I insert the money? :relaxed: Please include upgrades to Android 11 and beyond to take it over the top.

Anyone releasing a new DAP without Snapdragon 660 (or better), Android 10 (or better) and 3 GB ram (or better) is crazy. IMHO.

I just bought the Hiby R5 Saber a few months ago due to random Fiio M11 problems and while the R5 saber sounds fantastic, the tiny screen (font size at max) , UI sluggishness (looking at you Tidal), Wifi and random Bluetooth issues are driving me crazy.

I just needed a Fiio break and this is what I get. More issues. Honestly, I've never tried Shanling DAPs, but I am ready due to these nice specs. Plus AKM warmth is my jam.

Why don't you try smartphone + USB dongle ?

Aug 2, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #47 of 868
Why don't you try smartphone + USB dongle ?

I have a few USB dongles, including the hard to beat Audioquest DragonFly Red.

Your question has great timing, as I was actually thinking yesterday about trying out a USB dongle with (Bluetooth transmit) with my Note 22 Ultra, as I use Tidal on my Hiby R5 Saber in the car.

The only downside is all that external dangling.

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #49 of 868
I have a few USB dongles, including the hard to beat Audioquest DragonFly Red.

Your question has great timing, as I was actually thinking yesterday about trying out a USB dongle with (Bluetooth transmit) with my Note 22 Ultra, as I use Tidal on my Hiby R5 Saber in the car.

The only downside is all that external dangling.

There is tons of dongle beasting DragonFly Red lol

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #51 of 868
When will it be available outside of aliexpress? Do these aliexpress sellers have inventory already? Linsoul or hifigo haven’t made any announcements, and I haven’t seen any announcements on local us distributors.

Linsoul should be putting them in store this week.
Shipments to our international distributors went out last week.

For Aliexpress sellers, it's hard to say. Some of them are decent shops with actual stock. Some of them are random small sellers with nothing in stock and poor customer support.

We recommend to shop either at your local distributor or at big stores like Linsoul/Shenzhen Audio.

SHANLING Official Store is NOT SHANLING Official ...store? :thinking::rolling_eyes::sweat:
Well, it's designated "Official " store for Aliexpress. But it's not actually Shanling selling it.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 3, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #52 of 868
Linsoul should be putting them in store this week.
Shipments to our international distributors went out last week.

For Aliexpress sellers, it's hard to say. Some of them are decent shops with actual stock. Some of them are random small sellers with nothing in stock and poor customer support.

We recommend to shop either at your local distributor or at big stores like Linsoul/Shenzhen Audio.

Well, it's designated "Official " store for Aliexpress. But it's not actually Shanling selling it.

It’s available on linsoul and hifigo now. They have a black case listed, but it’s extra. I guess they’re not doing the complementary case. Would prefer black to green case though. Barring any surprises, will probably pull the trigger eventually.

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #53 of 868
It’s available on linsoul and hifigo now. They have a black case listed, but it’s extra. I guess they’re not doing the complementary case. Would prefer black to green case though. Barring any surprises, will probably pull the trigger eventually.

@Shanling confirmed no black case for m6 ultra. Only green and brown. I’ll be happy to be wrong though.

The M6 ultra is not listed anywhere in europe shops yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks they will start to pop up.

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #57 of 868

We do not make black case for M6 Ultra.

There's a seller on Ebay selling black and blue M6 Ultras. :grinning: Oh My.

This shows you the quality of Ebay sellers.

And of course, we recommend to never buy from random Ebay sellers. If you wanna shop from China, really just go with the established shops.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 4, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #58 of 868
Sold! Where do I insert the money? :relaxed: Please include upgrades to Android 11 and beyond to take it over the top.

Anyone releasing a new DAP without Snapdragon 660 (or better), Android 10 (or better) and 3 GB ram (or better) is crazy. IMHO.

I just bought the Hiby R5 Saber a few months ago due to random Fiio M11 problems and while the R5 saber sounds fantastic, the tiny screen (font size at max) , UI sluggishness (looking at you Tidal), Wifi and random Bluetooth issues are driving me crazy.

I just needed a Fiio break and this is what I get. More issues. Honestly, I've never tried Shanling DAPs, but I am ready due to these nice specs. Plus AKM warmth is my jam.
That's basically the problem I don't want to deal with. I'm a logistic engineer working for a transportation company. Due to my job, i travel A LOT.

All I want is a reliable/durable DAP, but I've heard so many costumers stating quality control issues from these brands... Man, I dont know which one should I go for. Is it too much to ask to not have battery/ screen/buttons/ports/ issues? I dont mind software issues since they can be fixed with updates most of the times. But problems so bad I'd have to send my unit for repair is a huge pain in the ass, given the fact that I'm working overseas most of the time.

Aug 4, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #59 of 868
That's basically the problem I don't want to deal with. I'm a logistic engineer working for a transportation company. Due to my job, i travel A LOT.

All I want is a reliable/durable DAP, but I've heard so many costumers stating quality control issues from these brands... Man, I dont know which one should I go for. Is it too much to ask to not have battery/ screen/buttons/ports/ issues? I dont mind software issues since they can be fixed with updates most of the times. But problems so bad I'd have to send my unit for repair is a huge pain in the ass, given the fact that I'm working overseas most of the time.

Shanling has a great track record, good qc, and great customer service compared to most. Obviously there’s always exceptions, but I’ve heard mostly positive things. If there’s a problem it’s usually with the seller. Most Shanling dap threads are pretty quiet as a result. As long you buy from a reputable/local dealer you should be fine. I bought an m3x second hand and have had zero hardware issues.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #60 of 868

The new Fiio M11 Plus ESS has awesome specs (as mentioned in my comment) is reliable, fast, sounds and looks great. (Carbon fiber!)

I would buy one in an instant, but i want a break from Fiio devices.

(I still have the OG M11)

My one gripe with Fiio is you buy their latest device, then 6+ months later they release another similar device with LTD or PRO in the name and seemingly forget about updates for your current device. :relieved:

I still love Fiio, :heart_eyes:, but it's time to try Shanling M6 Ultra with these over the top specs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back