- Mar 26, 2015
- Reaction score
- Shenzhen, China
- For example Foobar 2000 and HiBy music works gaplessly on M6.I've had a day or so with the M6 and so far, I'm pretty happy with the sound. It's the nicest DAP I've ever owned. But, a couple of things:
- Would love gapless. Any good music apps out there currently doing gapless on the M6?
- Control buttons don't work when screen is off despite the preferences being set to make them work.
- The lock screen is weird. It's in military time and uses Chinese characters despite setting my preferences differently. Also the English words are in a completely different font than the rest of the entire app. It looks like a mistake haha!
- Are you facing these problems with our music app or some other apps?
- We are aware of this mistake in our app, one of smaller things to get fixed.
We never geo-lock our products, all Shanling products are little bit cheaper in China due to multiple reasons around distribution, margins and taxes. International version for M6 was never planned, that's why even our announcement of it came so late, after M6 was already released in China.If I can modifiy your international firmware rom the same day you posted it to be able to overwrite the chinese rom then something doesn't quite add up ? I purposely never posted anything as I thought you were geo-locking. The chinese version is cheaper than the international version.
All information I get from software team simply says, that international version can't be put on Chinese M6 without high risk of errors and bricked devices. They are now looking at the new update from Fiio, if something like that can be done for M6.