Shanling M3X Portable Player - Our smallest Android Player
Jun 18, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #1,953 of 2,442
image_2022-06-19_074512663.png

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #1,954 of 2,442
Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #1,955 of 2,442
Yes. The .img file will work just fine. Sounds like you are almost there.
yup. this is the first time I am going to flash via EDL mode since I reserve it for bricked devices, which thankfully i haven't experienced yet. for qualcomm i only use odin since my snaps are samsung devices

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220619-153132.png
    Screenshot_20220619-153132.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 20, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #1,956 of 2,442
I wish that @Shanling would make this easier for those of us who aren't comfortable with messing with anything that looks like this "uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.launcher3" :) , by allowing us to just launch directly into UAPP or the program of our choice. It seems fair enough being that the Shanling app itself is unusable. That's OK by me, but then why not allow us to use Prime Mode with another app?

I will check with software team on this, but not sure if they are willing to be pushing 3rd party apps for this function :frowning2:

Does audio46 sell replacement battery? What store in USA do you distribute it's battery to?

In USA, please reach out to your seller directly about this. Either of them can order the battery.

@Shanling Would it be possible to make the back gesture (in gesture navigation mode) less prone to false positives on the shanling M3X, as I'm always accidentally triggering it?

(I assume Shanling implemented gesture mode themselves, since these gestures were not available in stock Android 7)

Experimentation shows that you can trigger back by swiping a line as shown below (and similarly from the right edge of the screen).

A swipe like that, with more vertical motion than horizontal is almost always going to be the user attempting to scroll, and not go back. I often accidentally trigger it in this way.

(Drawing this line on a new android phone, e.g. Pixel 4a, will not trigger the back gesture)

Thanks

I do not believe software team is planning any adjustments for the swipe controls.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #1,958 of 2,442
I will check with software team on this, but not sure if they are willing to be pushing 3rd party apps for this function :frowning2:
Thank you!
It would be great if they would. It would really be a quality of life improvement in the use of the device. It takes a full 30 seconds (!) for the device to get to the main screen after being turned on. So, for example, it makes it a chore to hop on a bicycle and press play, and then navigate to the player app half a minute later. The M2x takes only 10 seconds and then kicks directly into the player app (which works perfectly on the 2x so there's no issue) so it's just a much smoother user experience if you're on the go or whatever.

Jun 21, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #1,959 of 2,442
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #1,960 of 2,442
Did you read the last 2 pages of this thread?
Maybe you need to use language and explanations that the ordinary folk on here can make sense of. It would be useful if you can use your coding knowledge and explain it in head-fier language.

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:17 AM Post #1,961 of 2,442
Maybe you need to use language and explanations that the ordinary folk on here can make sense of. It would be useful if you can use your coding knowledge and explain it in head-fier language.

Unfortunately the process to root Android devices isn't simple and I can't change that. Using QFIL (Qualcomm Flash Image Loader) to extract the boot partition from the device and patching it with Magisk is a bit tedious but that's what needs to be done if you want root access. I posted some links above that provide a tutorial for using QFIL for those that are unfamiliar with this particular tool. If you don't know what Magisk is or does then this might not be for you, but there is plenty of information out there. I'll try to help via PM if there are specific questions.

Note that the benefits of root access also comes with potential danger, which I hope is obvious.

"Here be dragons"

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #1,962 of 2,442
Unfortunately the process to root Android devices isn't simple and I can't change that. Using QFIL (Qualcomm Flash Image Loader) to extract the boot partition from the device and patching it with Magisk is a bit tedious but that's what needs to be done if you want root access. I posted some links above that provide a tutorial for using QFIL for those that are unfamiliar with this particular tool. If you don't know what Magisk is or does then this might not be for you, but there is plenty of information out there. I'll try to help via PM if there are specific questions.

Note that the benefits of root access also comes with potential danger, which I hope is obvious.

"Here be dragons"
I appreciate you took to time to answer. Sadly I am way too old to have been trained enough to know code etc, although I have general good computer literacy. I have tried to root phones using simple apps but it has NEVER worked. I'm always interested but it's good to get the communication and language skills that even someone like me can understand. Sadly nowadays the only thing I understand, besides sound, is Buddhist Philosophy. Samsara.

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #1,963 of 2,442
I appreciate you took to time to answer. Sadly I am way too old to have been trained enough to know code etc, although I have general good computer literacy. I have tried to root phones using simple apps but it has NEVER worked. I'm always interested but it's good to get the communication and language skills that even someone like me can understand. Sadly nowadays the only thing I understand, besides sound, is Buddhist Philosophy. Samsara.

Unfortunately, I know more about rooting, jailbreaking, etc than I know about audio, but I'm trying to learn (now that I'm retired and have more time). Old man, new tricks and all.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #1,965 of 2,442
Unfortunately, I know more about rooting, jailbreaking, etc than I know about audio, but I'm trying to learn (now that I'm retired and have more time). Old man, new tricks and all.
you're an android dev? I've been to porting custom roms too, mostly mtk devices. i would like to try DSP's now that I am rooted. btw, did you try to pass the safetynet? i cannot seem to find a method to pass it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back