Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Jun 21, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,833 of 2,219
I absolutely love my Shanling m3s but the wheel makes 2 steps with one klick. Is that normal? I hope this will get better by the next update.

Mine does the same thing. From what others have said, I think it is probably normal for the M3s, though definitely not desirable.

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #1,834 of 2,219
Hi Shanling, I hope you are here to pay attention with my issue.

I got some issue on my shanling m3s. Whenever I turn it on it keeps rebooting several times until it's really turn on and the homescreen pop up in the display. The number of reboots are random, sometimes it's rebooting 3 times and then turned on, sometimes even til 10 times, and sometimes it can boot normally. I have used the latest 1.50 firmware, and I have tried to downgrade it to 1.40 and 1.30 and still found this annoying issue. And of course I use my shanling properly and take care of it well. I rarely use it to be honest, charge it just about 2 times in a week, or even less. Any suggestion on how to fix this? And FYI I got this shanling m3s unit from Shanling giveaway last December.

I will appreciate any kind of tips or suggestion. Thx

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #1,835 of 2,219
I absolutely love my Shanling m3s but the wheel makes 2 steps with one klick. Is that normal? I hope this will get better by the next update.

Mine does the same thing. From what others have said, I think it is probably normal for the M3s, though definitely not desirable.

This kind of inaccuracy is given by not optimal optimization of the system. Unfortunately not likely to be sorted on M3s.

Hi Shanling, I hope you are here to pay attention with my issue.

I got some issue on my shanling m3s. Whenever I turn it on it keeps rebooting several times until it's really turn on and the homescreen pop up in the display. The number of reboots are random, sometimes it's rebooting 3 times and then turned on, sometimes even til 10 times, and sometimes it can boot normally. I have used the latest 1.50 firmware, and I have tried to downgrade it to 1.40 and 1.30 and still found this annoying issue. And of course I use my shanling properly and take care of it well. I rarely use it to be honest, charge it just about 2 times in a week, or even less. Any suggestion on how to fix this? And FYI I got this shanling m3s unit from Shanling giveaway last December.

I will appreciate any kind of tips or suggestion. Thx

Can you please try to turn it on without inserted mSD card?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 22, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #1,837 of 2,219
Why my M1 is much brighter than M3S ?
IMG_20180622_212858_1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180622_212858_1.jpg
    IMG_20180622_212858_1.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #1,839 of 2,219
Dear @Shanling, it is impossible to read the M3S in the daylight, especially when it's sunny. Not almost impossible, but absolutely impossible. Could you please make the next firmware update with higher display brightness and bigger font/contrast B&W theme? It would be so helpful! Because now this amazing hardware's little flaw makes the usage a pain.

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,840 of 2,219
It is highly possible that the current max screen brightness is the maximum that they can get with the screen. It's most likely a backlit LCD screen, as such, trying to increase the brightness even further by adjusting code may result in either the screen burning out faster, or the battery draining faster. As such, it is unlikely they can make the screen any brighter. Also, why would you want to make the display any brighter. It's not like you can't turn on the player before heading out on your travels.

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #1,841 of 2,219
It is highly possible that the current max screen brightness is the maximum that they can get with the screen. It's most likely a backlit LCD screen, as such, trying to increase the brightness even further by adjusting code may result in either the screen burning out faster, or the battery draining faster. As such, it is unlikely they can make the screen any brighter. Also, why would you want to make the display any brighter. It's not like you can't turn on the player before heading out on your travels.
Seriously, a defense for a dim screen?

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #1,843 of 2,219
I don't like the dim screen either but if there are physical limitations, why keep hammering on it when you can't do anything about it?
Are there physical limitations to it? I was asking Shanling for a clarification on that. Do you know something we don’t?
I don’t think ‘press play’ before you leave the house is an appropriate answer for those of us who think a dim screen is a detriment to fully enjoying the M3s (which is a very fine Dap, mind you). I don’t want to argue, and I don’t think clarification is “hammering”. I’m just not as passive with flaws as you seem to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back