Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Dec 25, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #1,367 of 2,219
Hi,
On this subject. Would a .m3u file work as a costume playlist file?
There are some Win based applications we can use to make such playlists.
Thanks for any hints.

At the root level of my memory card, I've created a folder called Music.
In the Music folder, I've created a Playlists folder.
In the Playlists folder, I place .m3u playlists, which have relative paths in them.

For instance, a playlist that includes:
Music / Christmas / Hinely, Donal / 1998 - Midwinter Carols - Fourteen Selections on Glass Harmonica / 1-02 Canon in D Major [Hinely, Donal].flac

would have this line in it:
.. / Christmas / Hinely, Donal / 1998 - Midwinter Carols - Fourteen Selections on Glass Harmonica / 1-02 Canon in D Major [Hinely, Donal].flac

Currently, I use some Linux bash scripts to create the playlist files, but any program that can be configured to output relative file paths should work.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #1,368 of 2,219
At the root level of my memory card, I've created a folder called Music.
In the Music folder, I've created a Playlists folder.
In the Playlists folder, I place .m3u playlists, which have relative paths in them.

For instance, a playlist that includes:
Music / Christmas / Hinely, Donal / 1998 - Midwinter Carols - Fourteen Selections on Glass Harmonica / 1-02 Canon in D Major [Hinely, Donal].flac

would have this line in it:
.. / Christmas / Hinely, Donal / 1998 - Midwinter Carols - Fourteen Selections on Glass Harmonica / 1-02 Canon in D Major [Hinely, Donal].flac

Currently, I use some Linux bash scripts to create the playlist files, but any program that can be configured to output relative file paths should work.
Thanks DBaldock9.
Linux does it, was thinking exclusively Win10:blush:.

Got my M3s today. Nice!!
Knocking my socks off with some Kraftwerk:smile_phones:. Transitioning from my oldie Cowon X5L.
Very first fresh impressions' quite good. Getting to know the UI.

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #1,369 of 2,219
Thanks DBaldock9.
Linux does it, was thinking exclusively Win10:blush:.

Got my M3s today. Nice!!
Knocking my socks off with some Kraftwerk:smile_phones:. Transitioning from my oldie Cowon X5L.
Very first fresh impressions' quite good. Getting to know the UI.

Currently, I use Cygwin on my Windows 7 PC, to have a Linux command line, for developing & running my bash shell scripts.
http://www.cygwin.com/

I also have a 2011 Asus Eee PC Netbook, that runs Mint Linux, but it's not very powerful.
The M3s works well as a USB connected DAC for the Lunux PC, but streaming music from YouTube tends to use up quite a bit of the CPU power - especially if that tab is open, with the video playing as well.
Once I move next month, I'm going to begin checking on an an actual Laptop, with a 4-core processor, that can run virtual machines.

Dec 30, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #1,370 of 2,219
Just opened my M3s and I must be doing something wrong. I can’t get my micro cards to stay/lock into the M3s slot. Anyone have a similar issue?

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #1,372 of 2,219
Dumb question, but are you inserting it the correct way? It goes in face down.
Yes, upside down. It goes all the way in if pushed, but wont lock in.

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #1,374 of 2,219
You have to use your nail to push it in deeper, past the shell of the DAP.
I did that too. I used a thin piece of plastic to help push it in past the shell. Still would not lock in.

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #1,376 of 2,219
I did that too. I used a thin piece of plastic to help push it in past the shell. Still would not lock in.

did you hear it click?

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #1,377 of 2,219
I’ve tried several cards and none will click in.

@Shanling: any known issues similar to what I am experiencing ( I.e. cards will not click into slot)?

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #1,378 of 2,219

@Shanling: any known issues similar to what I am experiencing ( I.e. cards will not click into slot)?
Maybe the locking mechanism inside is faulty and you need to ask for a replacement if thats possible.

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #1,379 of 2,219
Maybe the locking mechanism inside is faulty and you need to ask for a replacement if thats possible.
Very possible. I sent a note to Musicteck so I’ll see what they say.

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #1,380 of 2,219

did it ever work before or is this your first time using the dap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back