Shanling M3s - dual AK4490 DAC, 2.5 balanced out, aptX BT, HiBy link, USB out, FW 1.7
Feb 14, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #1,501 of 2,219
Hi Joe! Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I am using an iPhone X. The Dropbox link has a screen recording of both messages and picture of M3s correctly displaying the folders (I can open them and play songs on the Shanling but not in the Hiby app). The Hiby app is the latest version from the Apple App Store (Ver 3.1.0)
If you need anything else, just let me know. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zz2o9unc5q50xvf/AAD3RAyT2vI3gmEU_-GctIuYa?dl=0

Thanks, that should be very clear for the devs to debug on.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 14, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #1,502 of 2,219
Wondering if someone can help me out. I really hope I'm doing something wrong here but I can't seem to insert the microsd card all the way into the unit. When I push it in it clicks, but part of the card still sticks out. When I push it in all the way it just pops back out. I've tried searching but haven't seen anyone else mention this issue. When I do hold the card in the player it reads the card without issue but immediately pops back out upon me letting go.

It seems crazy that the click mechanism would already be broke prior to me receiving the unit, I just opened the box today. Has anyone had to RMA their unit?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #1,503 of 2,219
Wondering if someone can help me out. I really hope I'm doing something wrong here but I can't seem to insert the microsd card all the way into the unit. When I push it in it clicks, but part of the card still sticks out. When I push it in all the way it just pops back out. I've tried searching but haven't seen anyone else mention this issue.

It seems crazy that the click mechanism would already be broke prior to me receiving the unit, I just opened the box today.

Have you used a ball point pen (or something thin) to push the card in deep into the slot? That is necessary to lock it in. Also make sure you are putting it in the correct side and not forcing it in the wrong way.

Feb 14, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #1,504 of 2,219
Have you used a ball point pen (or something thin) to push the card in deep into the slot? That is necessary to lock it in. Also make sure you are putting it in the correct side and not forcing it in the wrong way.

You are a legend!! The ball point pen did the trick, I honestly can't thank you enough :D I was worried I'd have to RMA it. Thanks again.

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #1,505 of 2,219
I've started having a few issues, and I'm not sure how concerned I should be about them:

• Slight separation of the front glass panel at the bottom. It's not visibly noticeable, but it clicks up and down like a trackpad when I press on it
  • Periodic (couple of times a week, maybe?) failure to read the micro sd card until it is removed and reinserted
  • Sometimes when pressing in the volume knob, it registers two presses instead of one press. This is new behavior in the last few weeks, and I'm wondering whether it's foreshadowing an actual failure of the mechanism

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #1,506 of 2,219
I've started having a few issues, and I'm not sure how concerned I should be about them:

• Slight separation of the front glass panel at the bottom. It's not visibly noticeable, but it clicks up and down like a trackpad when I press on it
  • Periodic (couple of times a week, maybe?) failure to read the micro sd card until it is removed and reinserted
  • Sometimes when pressing in the volume knob, it registers two presses instead of one press. This is new behavior in the last few weeks, and I'm wondering whether it's foreshadowing an actual failure of the mechanism

I've met the same thing as microSD reading failure after updating ver 1.30
To be resuming normal, remove qnd insert it.

Seemed regarding deepsleep wakeup problem
Anyone see rhis?
Regards.

Feb 16, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #1,507 of 2,219
Every time I look at M2s and M3s, I'm still fascinated how they scaled up the design

shanling_m3s-01.jpg shanling_m3s-02.jpg shanling_m3s-03.jpg shanling_m3s-04.jpg

Feb 16, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #1,508 of 2,219
I've met the same thing as microSD reading failure after updating ver 1.30
To be resuming normal, remove qnd insert it.

Seemed regarding deepsleep wakeup problem
Anyone see rhis?
Regards.
I’ve also had the occasional “no card inserted” message pop up. I have to reinsert card or restart the unit. Hope that it is a firmware fix. Using a 256 card. @Shanling

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #1,509 of 2,219
This M3s is what the Fiio X5 3rd gen should've sounded like, for less $. It's a damned fine player. Hate to say it but it gives my Sony WM1A a run for it's money too. Running firmware 1.2 with no problems btw.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #1,510 of 2,219
I have M3s since 2 days. Comparing to M1 the progress is significant. Bass is more punchy and powerful but it does not dominate as in M2s. More detail, more power, better battery life - amazing stuff.
I have found only one flaw - when I start music and amp starts (I can hear "click") the first second (more less is cut). Later there is no problem, even changing music is perfectly working. Only when I set pause for about 30 seconds or more - then after pressing play again 1 sec of song is cut. But it is very small bug and it does not distract me form listening.

M3s + Aune E1 = 10/10 portable rig and the end of my research.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #1,511 of 2,219
Hi guys,

Just received my m3s, and i have a noobie question, i've ordered Sandisk ultra sdxc card, do i need to format it before i can use it ? and if yes is there any particular format should it be like fat32 etc ? Can i format it from shanling? i mean can i put it first into shangling then format from pc or i need to first connect micro straight to pc? Once i done all this do i need to make special folder on it? something like My music or something so the shanling will see it ? or it doesnt matter ? main thing i like to create folders by genre and keep it like this on card rather everything on in folder and 100xxx songs in playlist.

Thanks for help

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,512 of 2,219
Hi guys,

Just received my m3s, and i have a noobie question, i've ordered Sandisk ultra sdxc card, do i need to format it before i can use it ? and if yes is there any particular format should it be like fat32 etc ? Can i format it from shanling? i mean can i put it first into shangling then format from pc or i need to first connect micro straight to pc? Once i done all this do i need to make special folder on it? something like My music or something so the shanling will see it ? or it doesnt matter ? main thing i like to create folders by genre and keep it like this on card rather everything on in folder and 100xxx songs in playlist.

Thanks for help
You can manage your files any way you like on the card. In folders, etc. The M3s will sort out the music by using it's tags. The M3s allows you to make playlists from the unit itself with their own titled playlists. Only thing is, if you start rearranging your songs in the folders or rename them after you put the songs in the playlists, the M3s can't find them and you will have to delete the song and relist it. So, my suggestion is to make sure that you've got your card in order before making playlists from your M3s.

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #1,513 of 2,219
You can manage your files any way you like on the card. In folders, etc. The M3s will sort out the music by using it's tags. The M3s allows you to make playlists from the unit itself with their own titled playlists. Only thing is, if you start rearranging your songs in the folders or rename them after you put the songs in the playlists, the M3s can't find them and you will have to delete the song and relist it. So, my suggestion is to make sure that you've got your card in order before making playlists from your M3s.

Thx for claryfing this one for me :) what about formatting card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back