Shanling M30 - Concept announcement
Dec 7, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #61 of 386
WGMTCtH.jpg

Using the 3.5 mm hole and photoshop I estimated the width of this device to be about 17,5 cm (±0,5 cm) and thickness about 4 cm.

perfect size for me ! I do not need portable, just « transportable » from rooms to rooms or for a WK.

Dec 7, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #62 of 386
Why the heck FOlks compare this to DMP >?

Cause of the golden knob lol?

Dec 7, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #63 of 386
Why the heck FOlks compare this to DMP >?

Cause of the golden knob lol?
Ha , would have bought the DMP , but it couldnt push my planar haedphone.

Dec 7, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #64 of 386
I wonder what the price point will be. I have the DMP-Z1 but won’t mind adding the Shanling to my collection if the price is right. Long before the age of DAPs, Shanling was a well known high end audio company in China. They made some of the coolest high end CD players back in the early 2000s.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #65 of 386
perfect size for me ! I do not need portable, just « transportable » from rooms to rooms or for a WK.
I read you mentioned streaming , hmmm streaming other than qobuz doesn't offerthe best SQ, spoty, deezer and amazon use lossy codecs that max out at 320kbps. Tidal uses MQA which truncates to 17 bits thereforr also lossy.

I stay with my standalone library of flac, Hi-res and DSD. The only purpose i isestreaming ist to preview an album, if i like it, thwn i buy the flac/DSF/(SA)CD

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #66 of 386
I read you mentioned streaming , hmmm streaming other than qobuz doesn't offerthe best SQ, spoty, deezer and amazon use lossy codecs that max out at 320kbps. Tidal uses MQA which truncates to 17 bits thereforr also lossy.

I stay with my standalone library of flac, Hi-res and DSD. The only purpose i isestreaming ist to preview an album, if i like it, thwn i buy the flac/DSF/(SA)CD

I only Stream Qobuz ( with my Aurender W20). All other streaming are not good quality, even Tidal

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #67 of 386
I only Stream Qobuz ( with my Aurender W20). All other streaming are not good quality, even Tidal
Kudos me too, i also buy from qobuz to download aside the stream. Really love qobuz. I wish qobuz had DSD to download, but no more with my pioneer BDP-170 I can RIP my SACD collecrion

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #69 of 386
Ha , would have bought the DMP , but it couldnt push my planar haedphone.

Really cant do justice with 1500 Mwatts? Damn sony

I wonder what the price point will be. I have the DMP-Z1 but won’t mind adding the Shanling to my collection if the price is right. Long before the age of DAPs, Shanling was a well known high end audio company in China. They made some of the coolest high end CD players back in the early 2000s.

So i guess Dmp is priced right lol?

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #70 of 386
Looks cool but I'm now happy with what I have. Matter of fact I should sell some stuff

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #72 of 386
Looks like the new trend will be modular systems for DAPs. Interesting.
Yeah. I kind of don’t like that fact. I know, you can alter the sound and all and that’s a cool thing but I can’t get out of my mind that it’s a bit of a rip-off. Just look at the DX200 DAP, where one module after the other was released. Many owners bought every single module, and then nearly everyone settled on amp8 and/or amp9. Why didn’t they wait a bit and then release just the best 2-3 amps? Cayin N8 made it Right here I guess (though I haven’t heard it yet, but nearly everyone who has that DAP isn’t complaining about the sound) :wink:
TWO THINGS:
The first thing: if the batteries are interchangeable, that means you will never die because you can change the damaged battery with a new battery, it's like having a new Shanling M30.

The second: I think that if it even cost 2k it could be a killer of the dmp-z1 and not to mention the a & k sp2000, lpgt, ibasso dx220, cayin n8, cowon PL, etc.:nerd:
It might be a competitor for the DMP-Z1, but since it will be quite large, it will be transportable but not really portable so it won’t be a competitor for the other mentioned DAPs and above all it won’t be „a killer“. Mind the hype train, mark my words, mind the hype train or you‘ll have to give away another 1k of your hard earned money just because the Shanling guys are reading this thread and say: „hey, why not charging another 1k just because they will buy it anyways!“ :)

Dec 7, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #73 of 386
I have wm1z why would I buy )

I can do all the streaming via usb or ldac...

Shanling will have to do something really impressive with sq for me to change and add mw to the output aswell...

Just because its korg tubes and modular and have dmp"s mini golden knob aint means nothing yet....

Need reliable os( flawless)
Apk side loaded apps or shanling could write there owns...

Also akm 4497 aint impressing me neather over smaster...

They have to create a sound signature that will make it shine! Nova days components are already very high grade. Its all about sound goodness.

Dont forget shieldings plays a roll to if it will catch wifi, bluetooth, cellular interference then it failed!

Wm1z is really hard to beat, its a tank of all daps. It holds very strong even after 3 years!

So I want shangling to beat wm1z and then I will buy one!

Dec 7, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #74 of 386
I have wm1z why would I buy )

I can do all the streaming via usb or ldac...

Shanling will have to do something really impressive with sq for me to change and add mw to the output aswell...

Just because its korg tubes and modular and have dmp"s mini golden knob aint means nothing yet....

Need reliable os( flawless)
Apk side loaded apps or shanling could write there owns...

Also akm 4497 aint impressing me neather over smaster...

They have to create a sound signature that will make it shine! Nova days components are already very high grade. Its all about sound goodness.

Dont forget shieldings plays a roll to if it will catch wifi, bluetooth, cellular interference then it failed!

Wm1z is really hard to beat, its a tank of all daps. It holds very strong even after 3 years!

So I want shangling to beat wm1z and then I will buy one!

Lol the Sony DMP-Z1 uses the AKM4497.
I much prefer my Shanling M6 over the WM1Z, I had a WM1A and compared it to a WM1Z, I didn' see what the fuss was about. I also have/had a whole bunch of other daps including plenty of TOTL ones so not a fan boy.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #75 of 386
Wow, going to need a ruck sack at the gym.
Come to think of it, I just need a ruck sack, this can replace the gym :ksc75smile::L3000:
W H A A A T ???? Wow this looks amazing. It would be great to get a comment on weight and size, but I was going sell off my M5 for an M6, but think I'll just hang on till this comes out. Thanks for the post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back