Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
May 3, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #346 of 2,460
Where would one find such fascinating photos?

Peeps are asking for size comparison vs Mojo, so here you go. A few different angles with and without the official Shanling case. Here you go...

There you go :)

And for those of you willing to tolerate yet another rambling vide from me, here's a real-world demonstration of M2s one-handed use...

May 4, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #349 of 2,460
There you go :)

IMG_20170430_084300-01.jpeg

giphy (1).gif

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #353 of 2,460
In terms of sound? The Aune m1s is available already on my country and I'm tempted to buy it but I'm still waiting for other DAPs to arrive like Cayin N3 and this Shanling m2s.

PM me. We can have a "behind the scenes" conversation about what best fits your needs / wants.

May 5, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #355 of 2,460
Moved the MicroSD card of FLAC (CD rip) files from my Shanling M1 to my new M2s, until I can get another card ordered.

Listening to my K's 500 at work this morning (using a 3.5mm TRS to 2.5mm TRRS adapter cable), and the combo sounds good.

Depending on how busy we are today, I'll try to compare the M2s to the Cayin N3 (and Onkyo DP-X1).

May 5, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #356 of 2,460
Duplicate post.
Thought the connection had timed-out.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #357 of 2,460
M2s is not released in Hong Kong yet,but you may book one on Aliexpress or Amazon :)

Too bad, then i'll have to wait till it appears on one of the European Amazons but that could take months before they appear. I could use Aliexpress but then i'll probably have to pay a crapload of custom taxes.

May 6, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #358 of 2,460
May 6, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #359 of 2,460
Thanks for your contribution @Layman1!

Here's an update from my ongoing experience...

I've been listening to M2s for a bit now and am really enjoying it. I do think the sound is a bit on the warm side but it doesn't lack clarity (not dark). More of a fun, musical sound. Very enjoyable!

I'm also glad it isn't drastically affecting sound of hybrid and multi-BA IEM I've tried it with. Very subtle decrease in bass quantity (like 1-2dB drop from measurements).

I've only had one example of poor synergy so far, and that was with Heavenly Sounds Cadenza earbuds. They were overly warm and lacked clarity. Other than that, I've been pleased with earbud and IEM pairings I've tried.

The physical user experience is holding up pretty well so far. My one-handed operation video shows how easy it is to use the M2s. My only gripe the is that just like smartphones the glass back is slippery, so the case is a must. The case is nice but the cutouts on the left side could be a bit larger. If there was more space around the buttons, it would make the FFWD/REW buttons easier to use.

Shanling has my favorite Hiby-based GUI to date, and I've used many (Srsly!). It's very intuitive in my opinion. I was just chatting with the guy who designed it last night. He also helps conceptualize physical design for the DAPs. Cool guy!

I think that's it for now. Feel free to ask for clarifications as needed :)

May 6, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #360 of 2,460
Thanks for your contribution @Layman1!

Ha, I should be thanking you! Thanks for creating this thread and posting such informative and valuable content on it! It certainly made my reviewing job much easier. I posted a link to this thread. I wanted to credit you, but couldn't remember your username and had to finish quickly, so no time to search! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back