Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Aug 27, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #2,358 of 2,460
New firmware update for Shanling M2s

Download from Google drive or our website

Changes and fixes:
1. Phone out/Line out icon added to status bar
2. Lyrics can be enabled through settings.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 29, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #2,360 of 2,460
Shanling M2s custom firmware v3.50 by Vortex: link

- English and Russian language strings was corrected (by gLer and Vortex);
- Highly optimized graphics, fonts and binaries for maximum speed;
- Music Library limit was increased up to 30000 songs;
- Resources playground in SD:/res folder (unzip res.zip);
- New contrast Theme 3.

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #2,361 of 2,460

- New contrast Theme 3.
Hi.
I've installed 3.50 Vortex firmware because you did good work with the "contrast theme". Everything works fine but when I want to enter System Setting M2s freezes. Now I can't update it again nor rollback to previous firmware version. I have noi idea how to solve my problem. Any ideas?
Jaro

Sep 3, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #2,364 of 2,460

- New contrast Theme 3.

Thanks again for this.

Quick one: is there any chance to add the album name in the playing now screen (in addition to the song- and artist name)?
Or is this dependent on the Shanling FW?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #2,366 of 2,460
What is LO/PO? It's been kinda driving me nuts ot have it there honestly. I was hoping it was a glitch they would remove!

It's to show whether the M2s is set to output as "line out" or "phone out".

Trust me, the first time you plug in your iems only to find out the M2s is set to line out you'll appreciate it…

Sep 4, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #2,367 of 2,460
Not feeling too thrilled about this DAP at the moment. I can't even get the USB driver installed. I've tried like 50 times. The same window keeps popping up, telling me in order to continue, I have to unplug and power down the device, then plug back in and power on. Same crap every time. It's pretty much worthless if I can't connect it to my computer. Following the limited directions in the manual - not much else to go on. Good times

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #2,368 of 2,460
Not feeling too thrilled about this DAP at the moment. I can't even get the USB driver installed. I've tried like 50 times. The same window keeps popping up, telling me in order to continue, I have to unplug and power down the device, then plug back in and power on. Same crap every time. It's pretty much worthless if I can't connect it to my computer. Following the limited directions in the manual - not much else to go on. Good times
Can anyone help me with this? Tried again tonight and it was the same ordeal. Not sure why it's being difficult

Sep 5, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #2,369 of 2,460
Which OS?
I know that I had issues with getting the Shanling drivers installed on my Windows 7 PC at home, when I first got the M1, back in the Fall of 2016.
Can't remember what I ended up having to do - but it may have involved downloading and installing drivers from the Shanling website, rather than letting Windows do the automatic installation.
I'm currently at work, so I can't check to see which driver is loaded - but I know it works for my M1, M2s, & M3s DAPs (not sure if I've tried using the M0 as a USB DAC on my PC, or not).

Sep 5, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #2,370 of 2,460
Which OS?
I know that I had issues with getting the Shanling drivers installed on my Windows 7 PC at home, when I first got the M1, back in the Fall of 2016.
Can't remember what I ended up having to do - but it may have involved downloading and installing drivers from the Shanling website, rather than letting Windows do the automatic installation.
I'm currently at work, so I can't check to see which driver is loaded - but I know it works for my M1, M2s, & M3s DAPs (not sure if I've tried using the M0 as a USB DAC on my PC, or not).
Windows 10. It would be awesome if you can help me figure this out. I have to be doing something wrong. Step by step instructions would be great lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back