Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out
Feb 27, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #2,161 of 2,460
With the new Deep Sleep mode, when I wake it up I have to go back into the system settings and manually reconnect my Bluetooth headphones every time. With things like that, the spotty gapless playback, the cutting off the beginning of the first song, the wheel falling off (which is now definitely not right) and the stupid themes (why no just plain solid colors?) I think I can now safely say that I regret my purchase.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #2,167 of 2,460
Thank you for reports, we must push HiBY to release fix for this immediately. Holidays are just ending in China, so hopefully next week I will get some update on this.

About this issue, I can now confirm that (sometimes several) software reboot "fixes" the SD card detection.
So it is not an issue of bad contact or something. Did you get any response from HiBy yet?

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #2,170 of 2,460
Thinking of getting a dap for work. How do these compare to ibasso dx80 sq wise?

Mar 4, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #2,172 of 2,460
I find the playlist creation within the device and also Hiby very clunky. I have created some playlists directly to the music files on the SD card on a standalone computer. I now need to edit the scripts to get the right filepath. I've failed to find existing playlists on the SD card that would give me this.
Can anyone assist with letting me know where the playlists are stored within the card (or device). Failing this, if anyone has created and imported playlists into the device, can they assist with the correct filepath in the M3U text.
Thanks in advance for any assistance given

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #2,173 of 2,460
I find the playlist creation within the device and also Hiby very clunky. I have created some playlists directly to the music files on the SD card on a standalone computer. I now need to edit the scripts to get the right filepath. I've failed to find existing playlists on the SD card that would give me this.
Can anyone assist with letting me know where the playlists are stored within the card (or device). Failing this, if anyone has created and imported playlists into the device, can they assist with the correct filepath in the M3U text.
Thanks in advance for any assistance given

On my DAPs, I organize my music by Genre, so at the root level of my SD card, there's a folder called Music.
In Music, there are folders for my Genres of music.
Also in Music, I've created a folder called Playlists.
This is where I place the Playlists that I create on my PC.

Since the Playlists are in a folder at the root, the path to the music files is:
../[Genre]/[Artist Last Name], [Artist First Name]/[Album Year] - [Album Title]/[Disc #]-[Track #] [Track Title] [[Track Artist]].flac

The initial ../ navigates down to the Music folder - and this makes it a relative path, rather than an absolute path (which, on a PC, starts with a drive letter, like C: ).

I add the [Track Artist] to the file name, so that it scrolls on the screen of the DAPs, which is helpful for Compilation / Various albums.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #2,174 of 2,460
Hi all, got my new M2s today and am pretty impressed so far.
One thing that irks me is the dial/button is really sticky when I click it. The harder I press it, the more time it takes to pop out back again. It doesn't have the same nice click as the other buttons. Is this normal or should I ask for a replacement?

Sorry if it's been addressed before. I searched the forum and google but didn't see anything.

Mar 6, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #2,175 of 2,460
Apparently there is some hardware incompatibility with bluetooth units on some of Sennheiser models, we know about this problem and we are looking into some solutions.

Did we managed to find any Solution? As i have Sennheiser Momentum as well as PXC 550 - Shanling not working with any of them :frowning2: - Need your advice please...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back