Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920, Bluetooth, & USB Out

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Apr 7, 2017.
Tags:
  1. khestoi
    Hello.
    How would you guys compare this to cayin n3 and pioneer 30r?
    I mainly listen to pop songs and use iem only.

2. nmatheis Contributor
    Looking great, Theo! When will you provide a link? Or did I miss it?

I'm wondering if the text beside the main menu icons can be removed. The icons alone should be sufficient, and the text really bothers me because it runs off the screen (general complaint, not specific to your theme mod).

Happy days! Off to download this. Pleasant surprise after very busy week at work!

Speedy, speedy, bro! Niceeeee!!!

Can't wait for M5s. It's literally my most anticipated upcoming DAP right now!!!

3. TheBIGKill1998

thanks for the tip @Shanling. But wasapi did not help. the pops and cracks are still there (only in use as a DAC, else its fine!).

4. nmatheis Contributor
    For anyone who wants to try, I've put together a very simple black theme using @XVortex's latest FW as the base. The black theme is theme 1. The wooden theme is removed.

Feel free to modify as you see fit :wink:

LINK

riffrafff and Dobrescu George like this.
  5. TheoS53
    Nope, haven't posted a link yet as I'm still busy with it. But pretty slammed with reviews at the moment (3 headphones, iems, 3 dac/amps), so themes are gonna have to take a back seat lol.

6. marflao
    Thanks for sharing the new FW, much appreciated.

Wanted to install HibyLink on my iPhone but can’t get it done.

Followed the instructions from the pdf, hence I entered the url in chrome and tried to download the app.

Nothing happened hence I went to the device management section and „trusted“ as described in the pdf.

Went back to the page from where the app should be downloaded but just see this error message:

{"errorCode":"ERRNO_STATUS_NOT_ACTIVE"}

Any hint what I can/should do?

Thanks in advance.

Edit 1: just saw that the HubyMusic app was added.
    Need to check if I can control the M2s .

Edit 2: seems that the M2s won’t connect to my iPhone 6s.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/c9CNz9KUMmvWYVf22

Guess it’s an error message on the HibyMusic app (first pic), or?

And in the M2s settings I can’t set Hiby Link to „on“.

Any hint from your side would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Edit 3: after switching Bluetooth on/off on both devices I can now connect them :)
    Scanned the music via hiby and it works !!!

Cheers and have a great weekend!!!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  7. nmatheis Contributor
    marflao likes this.
  8. nmatheis Contributor
    I refined my M2s theme a bit, cleaning up some icons and renaming the main menu items. If you're looking for a familiar yet simple, high-contrast theme, give this a try.

LINK

9. marflao
    Any chance to share a screenshot, Nikolaus?

10. nmatheis Contributor
    Sure, here are a couple crappy pics, lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Despite looking slightly blue in the pics, the background is pure black.

Main Menu
    IMG_20171111_123137-01.jpeg
    List View
    IMG_20171111_123205-01.jpeg

If you don't have any album art, I replaced the record with the white Shanling logo on a black background. I might do the same thing for the semi-circle in the main menu, too. Not sure about that yet...

Hoping I can get some instructions for unpacking / repacking M1 and M3s FW, so I can add in this type of theme for those, too...

Twitley and marflao like this.
  11. TheUnknow
    It's me or now with V3 , all covers are displayed correctly no matter whether they are in jpg or png ? :thinking:
    That's nice !

New UI too !

Wish HiBy Link feature got updated too ! Really miss some playlist editing function , like sorting song by name .

12. Mr Trev
    Candlemass… nice. I'm even willing to overlook the Bjork because of it

riffrafff likes this.
  13. nmatheis Contributor
    And Black Sabbath and Bruce Dickinson, dude. Don't forget those. Bruce's first solo albums were pretty bad, but the last few were epic!

14. Mr Trev
    You know, I don't think I've ever listened to any of Dickinson's solo work. Have to add it to my to do list. :metal:

<edit> Osbourne has pretty much killed any enthusiasm I had for Sabbath too - mostly, I'll stick with the RJD era now

15. subguy812
    I am not sure why but the Bjork stood out like a turd in a swimming pool.

I do like BD's solo stuff

vic2vic likes this.