Shanling M1s - Ideal Compact Portable Player
Nov 19, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #61 of 926
Really appreciate the feedback on the AP80 Pro-X, I was always wary of Hidizs and to a lesser extent iBasso as they don't have great reputations for customer service. The only hesitation I have is the small size. The M0 I had for a couple of months was just to small to be usable for me. I found the Q1 to be about as small a DAP as I can comfortably handle. Unfortunately no one in Canada carry's Hidizs so a demo is out unless I buy one. I will wait until the M0 Pro and M1S come out and then do some soul searching.

Np, actually their customer service is pretty good. I had a 3.5 jack go out on a unit and they sent me a new one. But yes, it's small- not m0 small but smaller than Q1. I would like to know the exact dimensions of m1s. I already know m0 ultra would be too small for me. I'm still not sure I'd like the buttons on the front through. Loved the design of the original m1 and m2s.

Nov 20, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #62 of 926
@Shanling will there be support for streaming platforms like spotify etc?
Only Tidal at this time.

Do not expect Spotify support, they do not allow for use in third-party systems outside of their app.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 21, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #63 of 926
Only Tidal at this time.

Do not expect Spotify support, they do not allow for use in third-party systems outside of their app.

I guess you have never heard of librespot?

Nov 21, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #64 of 926
Spotify is what I've been using lately, even though Neil Young said it sounded like a pixelated movie because it's not hi rez, ha ha. But I can steam it so not a deal breaker, and it sounds great to me.
Think Neil's just butt hurt from Joe Rogan. ,:)

Really would like more info on m1s 😉

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #65 of 926
Spotify is what I've been using lately, even though Neil Young said it sounded like a pixelated movie because it's not hi rez, ha ha. But I can steam it so not a deal breaker, and it sounds great to me.

I am starting to get the sense that it is going to cost quite a bit more than the Q1 which is why they went with M1S (M for more Money) and not Q1S. It is basically an M5S with a smaller screen and higher end DAC chips. The M5S is still selling for over $500 CDN so I am adjusting my price guess to at least $300 US. It now constitutes the top of the MTouch DAP line with the M5S largely gone. Shanling has already said it is the best sounding MTouch DAP they have ever made and that won't be cheap. It would be hard to pay that given what I paid for the A55 and I don't need wifi.

Nov 21, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #66 of 926
It now constitutes the top of the MTouch DAP line with the M5S largely gone. Shanling has already said it is the best sounding MTouch DAP they have ever made

This is exactly why I'm interested...

Nov 21, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #67 of 926
I am starting to get the sense that it is going to cost quite a bit more than the Q1 which is why they went with M1S (M for more Money) and not Q1S. It is basically an M5S with a smaller screen and higher end DAC chips. The M5S is still selling for over $500 CDN so I am adjusting my price guess to at least $300 US. It now constitutes the top of the MTouch DAP line with the M5S largely gone. Shanling has already said it is the best sounding MTouch DAP they have ever made and that won't be cheap. It would be hard to pay that given what I paid for the A55 and I don't need wifi.

Yep, I think so too. I hope we're wrong, but if it's that much it'll be a big pass for me. I got my ap80 X on sale for about 140 dollars, even 250 would be too much for me personally.

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #68 of 926

Yes we Canadians are very picky about the quality of our streaming music. :beerchug:

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #69 of 926
Lol, he only had a problem after Joe Rogan's podcast about the vac. Maybe he's drinking the mqa Kool aide, we both know most people would fail blind tests between streaming services. Think of how much hearing damage he got playing with crazy horse back in the day.

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #70 of 926
Lol, he only had a problem after Joe Rogan's podcast about the vac. Maybe he's drinking the mqa Kool aide, we both know most people would fail blind tests between streaming services. Think of how much hearing damage he got playing with crazy horse back in the day.
Incredibly enough he is still releasing new music with Crazy Horse in 2019 (Colorado) and just recently World Record solo. His voice is getting pretty haggard but I gotta support my fellow canucks so I got both, haven't listened to World Record yet.

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #71 of 926
So sad about Neil Peart, Rush is absolutely my favorite band. 😢 I got to meet them, and also got to see LeStudio though, so I have that. Big Triumph and April Wine, Brian Adams fan, ah the good old days, when you didn't even need a passport to go to Toronto and the strong dollar made is easy on the pocket.

Canada definitely holds it own when it comes to music.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #72 of 926
Yes I was very sad when Neil Peart died. God my first experience with Rush was when they first started playing under the name Rush. They started off playing the High School circuit in Toronto as they were to young to play in the bars, they came to our High School. Three 18/19 year old crazy talented classically trained musicians who could just flat out play. They were originally known as The Projection and for a short time as Hadrian if I remember with a string of lineup changes before settling on the final 3. Their first major gig was opening for the New York Dolls in Toronto in 1973 or 1974. My cousin went to the concert and scored me my first Rush concert T-Shirt. I wore that thing out and replaced it so many times over the decades.

Yeah I am really dating myself with this post. :triportsad: I saw Triumph and April Wine many times and I had all their albums. Then Brian Adams aka the next Springsteen burst on the scene and it was a contest between the two as to who had the most hit singles at any given time.

Just this week I got my hands on the entire mostly remastered Rush catalog. I spent all day Tuesday plowing through it and updating all my Rush tracks on my A55. Wow talk about a major rush of nostalgia.

Nov 25, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #73 of 926
@Shanling will this m1s be able to drive your ua3 dongle without cut off/sudden restarting of the player? i asked because my Q1 plugged to its usb c wasn't able to drive the ua3 dongle especially via 4.4 input... even when i plugged 3.5 input Q1 shut off too frequent... i really wanted to use this one as a transport for my dongles collection but weak power from usb c will hinder it

Nov 27, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #74 of 926
@Shanling will this m1s be able to drive your ua3 dongle without cut off/sudden restarting of the player? i asked because my Q1 plugged to its usb c wasn't able to drive the ua3 dongle especially via 4.4 input... even when i plugged 3.5 input Q1 shut off too frequent... i really wanted to use this one as a transport for my dongles collection but weak power from usb c will hinder it
Will try to test when we have some M1s units available.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back