Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Feb 23, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #3,212 of 3,480
What sort ofobattery life area you guys getting via usage as a bluetooth player?
Wish I could tell you. I picked up the updated IconX's and load my music onto them from my phone. I bought the M1 to use for working out and running with my Jaybirds and now both collect dust.

If they added a cue or play once function for playback options, I'd have more use for it. Sadly it sits next to my Sansa Clips not getting used.

Feb 24, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #3,214 of 3,480
Wish I could tell you. I picked up the updated IconX's and load my music onto them from my phone. I bought the M1 to use for working out and running with my Jaybirds and now both collect dust.

If they added a cue or play once function for playback options, I'd have more use for it. Sadly it sits next to my Sansa Clips not getting used.

Hah! I had the old icon x, never managed to get it to stay in my ears.

Max volume connected to a UE boom bt speaker I'm getting @ 8 hours until it shuts down. I use it that way in my garage. As a regular dap I get closer to 10 hours.

Cheers.
Have you used it as a bt receiver as well? Does it last as long

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #3,218 of 3,480
Feb 24, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #3,222 of 3,480
Yeah I do,..I have had it a while though and mostly use it to power he4ooi and fostex t50rp through laptop.
Fantastic device better than most daps I have tried in that price range but I have just sold one of my daps fiio x7 and considered using the m1 as transport.

I meant it sounds like the Mojo :wink: (since it's just a transport).

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #3,223 of 3,480
I meant it sounds like the Mojo :wink: (since it's just a transport).
Lol crossed wires.
and yes of course it sounds like mojo but my experience of mojo is its does alter slightly with transport i.e my galaxy phone I didnt like , fiio x7 ok ish, opus1 a lot better but optical and doesnt by pass the dac, Laptop best so far.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #3,224 of 3,480
Lol crossed wires.
and yes of course it sounds like mojo but my experience of mojo is its does alter slightly with transport i.e my galaxy phone I didnt like , fiio x7 ok ish, opus1 a lot better but optical and doesnt by pass the dac, Laptop best so far.
I've had that experience too. Not entirely sure of all the technical reasons why - you'd think the transport device wouldn't matter at all, but it seems like it can/does.

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #3,225 of 3,480
I've had that experience too. Not entirely sure of all the technical reasons why - you'd think the transport device wouldn't matter at all, but it seems like it can/does.

In not sure either but it does vary.
out of my galaxy s7 it was truly awful! Lol and I understand some of the comments I have read when they say can't tell difference from my phone because I would agree with that pairing.

Edit..could it possibly be power on the micro usb or just poor socket???

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back