Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Aug 18, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #76 of 3,480

Silly to use USB Type-C - it really isn't necessary for a basic little DAP. All it does is make it harder to connect it to other devices.

Actually it is the right thing as it is 2016 already. USB C is the most convenient standard for all kinds of usage. That standard seriously needs to be pushed.
It should be illegal to sell new devices still with Micro USB or USB 3.0.

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #77 of 3,480
Actually it is the right thing as it is 2016 already. USB C is the most convenient standard for all kinds of usage. That standard seriously needs to be pushed.
It should be illegal to sell new devices still with Micro USB or USB 3.0.
Try putting the i5 and the Mojo in your pocket.

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #80 of 3,480
I don't see why I would wish to do so...
You dont see why or you havnt tried or never go outdoors with your music? In my case in Hong Kong I sm outdoors three hours a day so I need a dap or Android device that connects to the Mojo and that I can put in my pocket every now and then.

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #81 of 3,480
Also outdoors (commuting) 2 hours a day. That's why I have  a dedicated DAP and why I do not see any necessity for a Mojo.
Never came behind why people buy a DAP for portable use and then start stacking it to an external Amp/DAC to carry around a brick.

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #82 of 3,480
I personally think it's perfect of Shanling to think ahead and they are keeping with the times. USB-C is the future.

We don't live in the future.

We live now.

And now, there are extremely few portable USB-C to micro-USB cables.

The M1 is not a ground-breaking futuristic DAP. It doesn't need any futuristic connectivity. It's just a small ordinary DAP. It's nothing futuristic and it needs to be easy to connect to other present-day devices.

Why make it harder for people to use a product?

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #83 of 3,480

We don't live in the future.

We live now.

That's why USB C. That's the standard of now. Micro USB and USB 3.0 is the past.
Don't blame Shanling for using a standard of now, blame all these accessory makers for only providing standards from the past.
And only if more DAP makers use the USB C standards the accessory makers will have to follow.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #84 of 3,480

That's why USB C. That's the standard of now. Micro USB and USB 3.0 is the past.
Don't blame Shanling for using a standard of now, blame all these accessory makers for only providing standards from the past.
And only if more DAP makers use the USB C standards the accessory makers will have to follow.

Micro USB is not USB 3.0

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #88 of 3,480
  Is this thing available yet?

Crowdfunding means that the M1 project is not finally finished yet. We would use the fund we collect from crowdfunding to finish and perfect the project, then finally launch the M1. Supporter would get their corresponding return-such as a chance for lottery, an M1, etc.-after the crowdfunding. 

Thanks. 

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #90 of 3,480

They're going to sell a lot of these. Got my cash ready. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back