Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Aug 11, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #61 of 3,480
  Will the USB digital output work as a USB "OTG" input source for most external DAC/AMP's? The one I am considering (ALO CDM) works OTG with android based DAP or phone, but I am unsure if it could receive input from the M1 as well.

Yes it does. Thanks. 

Great news, thank you!

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #62 of 3,480
 And M1 is even smaller than Plenue D:D

I'm wondering if Shanling will be utilizing any Muses chips this time? As I know they like to use the 8920 for their M2 and M5.. Which I already absolutely love.. So to use the new Muses 8832 which is a low voltage variant would be perfect for a dap this small!! Omg!! Please Shanling make my dreams come true! Lol

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #63 of 3,480
  Crowdfunding means that the M1 project is not finally finished yet. We would use the fund we collect from crowdfunding to finish and perfect the project, then finally launch the M1. Supporter would get their corresponding return-such as a chance for lottery, an M1, etc.-after the crowdfunding. 

Thanks. 

That sounds good, do you a link to the crowdfunding page by any chance? :)

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #64 of 3,480

Crowdfunding means that the M1 project is not finally finished yet. We would use the fund we collect from crowdfunding to finish and perfect the project, then finally launch the M1. Supporter would get their corresponding return-such as a chance for lottery, an M1, etc.-after the crowdfunding. 

Thanks. 

That sounds good, do you a link to the crowdfunding page by any chance? :)

It was posted on the front page, Tamal: http://z.jd.com/project/details/56271.html - not too useful for us lol!!!

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #66 of 3,480
Wondering about the controls.  I'm not familiar with other Shanling DAPs, so perhaps its a carry over from those.  You have 3 physical buttons on the left side (track skip and power? or multi-function?) and a scrolling wheel with a return button on the right side/upper corner (scroll wheel for navigation or volume?).  I don't see anywhere a touch screen being mentioned, does that mean physical button controls only or could it have a touch screen as well?

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #67 of 3,480
  Wondering about the controls.  I'm not familiar with other Shanling DAPs, so perhaps its a carry over from those.  You have 3 physical buttons on the left side (track skip and power? or multi-function?) and a scrolling wheel with a return button on the right side/upper corner (scroll wheel for navigation or volume?).  I don't see anywhere a touch screen being mentioned, does that mean physical button controls only or could it have a touch screen as well?

In Shanling M3, the scroll wheel clicks (up/down/right/left) are used to traverse through the various menu options and song list, track skipping etc. And scroll wheel turns are used for volume control. Not sure if it would be same for M1 as scroll wheel is on the backside of the player.

Aug 13, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #68 of 3,480
To me, the operation/navigation looks quite logical like this:

Three buttons on the left (track skipping and play/pause on the now playing screen, scrolling and selecting stuff in the menus, long press for power on/off), one button on the right (going back one layer and returning to the now playing screen with a long press/short press in the home screen), wheel solely for volume control.

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #70 of 3,480
Disappointed to see this is USB Type-C.

There are so few short USB Type-C -to- microUSB cables  (to connect the M1 to a DAC/DAC-amp).

I've only seen one such cable, and it was apparently custom-built and not available outside China.

Silly to use USB Type-C - it really isn't necessary for a basic little DAP. All it does is make it harder to connect it to other devices.

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #71 of 3,480

There are so few short USB Type-C -to- microUSB cables  (to connect the M1 to a DAC/DAC-amp).

I've only seen one such cable, and it was apparently custom-built and not available outside China.

Silly to use USB Type-C - it really isn't necessary for a basic little DAP. All it does is make it harder to connect it to other devices.
http://s.aliexpress.com/BVVFNrYz
Original-XIAOMI-Type-C-USB-Adapter-Mi4c-Micro-USB-Female-to-USB-3-1-Type-C.jpg_640x640.jpg

http://s.aliexpress.com/2ya2INji
Original-Nillkin-USB-2-0-Type-C-Type-C-to-Micro-USB-Converter-Adapter-for-Xiaomi.jpg_640x640.jpg

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #73 of 3,480

http://s.aliexpress.com/BVVFNrYz
Original-XIAOMI-Type-C-USB-Adapter-Mi4c-Micro-USB-Female-to-USB-3-1-Type-C.jpg_640x640.jpg

http://s.aliexpress.com/2ya2INji
Original-Nillkin-USB-2-0-Type-C-Type-C-to-Micro-USB-Converter-Adapter-for-Xiaomi.jpg_640x640.jpg

Thanks, but that does not solve the problem for portable usage - it will massively increase leverage stress on the Type-C socket.

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #74 of 3,480
Thanks, but that does not solve the problem for portable usage - it will massively increase leverage stress on the Type-C socket.
Exactly, I always use my Mojo outdoors and its usually in my pocket and/or hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back