Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pekingduck, Aug 5, 2016.
First

Back
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221
Next

Last
  1. bsoplinger
    That's what I've done too. Back to version 3 of the firmware. I use my player at night to fall asleep to. So once the timer hits and the music stops, it'll be 6-8 hours until I'm awake and dealing with the player again. With auto off I can listen all week before charging. With auto sleep I'm charging every other day. Very frustrating that this isn't considered a problem. :rage::angry:

2. bachankas
    FW 3.0 + my slightly modified UI = back to perfect DAP :)
    In some free time I will refresh my GIMP memory an try to prepare some custom files for theme change.

Still M1 + Beoplay H6v2 = amazing, truly amazing portable rig. 9.99/10 - only isolation could be better :)

DBaldock9 likes this.
  3. eaglesgift
    Yes but did you receive any complaints in China about having auto shutdown and not standby in the previous firmware release? Perhaps they just don’t care either way.

bsoplinger and Astrogoth like this.
  4. originalsnuffy
    Maybe I need to roll back also. I find that every so often I turn the unit on and it is dead from no battery charge left.

Perhaps an option to choose between auto standby and auto off?

5. csglinux
    Same here. :gs1000smile:

6. Shanling
    I tested it past week, took two M1, fully charged, played for 5 minutes and then left them go into auto standby. They lasted 6 days before I came this morning and found both of them drained. But that's from fully charged unit, so I understand your criticism, I still hope we can do something about it.

Would like to see this option, but by HiBY, it's impossible to implement both of these functions into firmware. That's what I have been told.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://www.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
  7. originalsnuffy
    Thank you for the response. I was suggesting a choice between modes in the firmware; but maybe even that can’t be done.

8. bachankas
    I was surprised few times, leaving my M1 and seeing dead battery the next day. Auto shutdown is much better.

originalsnuffy likes this.
  9. Astrogoth
    I tested my M1 with two other Bluetooth speakers today. Neither one could connect. "Connection failure" just like the JBL speaker I tried last week.

Perhaps you will add a fix to the Bluetooth feature, if you have another firmware update.

10. HiFlight
    Perhaps you have a defective M1 as mine running v.3.0 firmware connects flawlessly to any of my Bluetooth devices. Maybe try reloading a new firmware download.

11. Astrogoth
    I just redownloaded a new copy of 4.1 and reupdated the unit. Reset to factory defaults. Same story.

I find it hard to believe the player is defective. It otherwise plays perfectly, no dents or any evidence of damage, but maybe so. This is the same unit that refuses to connect via USB to computers or to my NFB 11 amp. I thought both issues were unrelated firmware errors, in fact I still think that, but perhaps they are not.

Happy New Year.

12. HiFlight
    Are you able to connect to a Bluetooth headphone or any other devices than those you mention in your post? Seems odd that a normal functioning M1 will not make a Bluetooth connection. Since owning my M1, I have found it to be one of my most reliable Bluetooth devices.

13. Astrogoth
    Okay, I found a work around. I loaded several older firmwares. They didn't help. I was about to give up when I noticed that if I tried to connect to a BT speaker that was previously listed as found but not paired with WITHOUT searching for it, it would work. That's right. Once it paired with ANYTHING it would work as normal. If you try to select a found speaker to pair with before the work around you get the "Connection failed" notice every time. You MUST let the M1 discover a speaker that's on the not paired list after you turn the unit on or right after you turn on the Bluetooth feature or it won't work. "Restore Factory Settings" has no positive effect.

Using the latest 4.1 firmware.

1. Set speaker into pairing mode.
    2. Turn on the M1 Bluetooth feature.
    3. Set M1 to search for unknown BT speakers.
    4. Make sure it finds the target and puts it on the found list.
    5. Turn off Bluetooth feature.
    6. Turn on Bluetooth feature. A happy "Found!" tone should sound. Music will play through BT speaker.
    7. Now that you're over the hump finding and selecting other BT items should go as usual. I have an older and a new BT speaker. Both play fine.

Now if I can get my computer to see the M1 as a USB drive and not be invisible I'll be happy.

Soul_Est likes this.
  14. DBaldock9
    If you're using a Windows PC, did you have any trouble uncompressing and installing the Shanling USB Driver?
    Link from Shanling M1 web page - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz_m_D8_7ujLVFlzVHc3dmpHUm8
    You may have to reboot the PC, before the driver will detect the M1.
    You may also have to try a couple of different USB-C cables.

15. Astrogoth
    Right after I posted my last I set my M1 to USB and plugged it in. My computer made the happy sound and it worked. I have no idea why. I tried for weeks to fix it and nada. Now it just worked. As I see it it could be one of two things.

1. All those firmware changes could have fixed something. Unlikely but maybe so.
    2. Fixing the Bluetooth issue also fixed the USB issue. If some config file was in the wrong place and the BT fix taught the M1 the right place....

Anyhow, no drivers needed. Win 10 sees it as a drive, as I wanted it to.

I'm just happy it works.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    HungryPanda and DBaldock9 like this.
First

Back
201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210
212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221
Next

Last