Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Jan 28, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #2,134 of 3,480
Has anyone bought this from Amazon in the US?  It has prime shipping option which is what that option appeals to me.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #2,136 of 3,480
  Amazon also typically has a rather forgiving return policy as long as you don't overuse it.

Yeah, I'm a Prime member and have rarely had to return anything, only headphone purchase I remember having to return was a brand new Fostex T50RP MK3 that literally came with a piece broken straight out of the box and I had a refund without difficulty and I immediately ordered a replacement even before the refund posted.  

Seller on Amazon for the M1 is SHENZHENAUDIO, fulfilled by Amazon.  Very tempted.  I have a FiiO X1, considered upgrading to the X1ii but that has seemed to be recovering only slowly with firmware updates from UI and other issues.  

The M1 seems to have every feature the X1ii has and more, though less power....

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #2,137 of 3,480

Yeah, I'm a Prime member and have rarely had to return anything, only headphone purchase I remember having to return was a brand new Fostex T50RP MK3 that literally came with a piece broken straight out of the box and I had a refund without difficulty and I immediately ordered a replacement even before the refund posted.  

Seller on Amazon for the M1 is SHENZHENAUDIO, fulfilled by Amazon.  Very tempted.  I have a FiiO X1, considered upgrading to the X1ii but that has seemed to be recovering only slowly with firmware updates from UI and other issues.  

Well, for example, at half volume, I can listen to an HD700 on M1 with an enjoyable sound.  I can achieve a higher quality sound from Opus #1, Hifiman Supermini or Chord Mojo, but I can most certainly reach an uncomfortable volume.  It's kind of nice to be able to have something this small and portable that can drive anything I own, although my 320 ohm earbud might be at it's limit.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #2,138 of 3,480
Hmmm, well, that sounds promising!
happy_face1.gif

I find that my iPhone 6s Plus can actually drive most of my headphones "fine" (though certainly not as well and sometimes not quite as loud as desired), so anything with more power than that justifies a DAP purchase in my mind... I only have 64GB of storage and  I use my phone for plenty of other stuff besides music so that's why an X1 in the first place.

The ability to stream Spotify to the M1 via Bluetooth from my phone is a huge bonus!

Quote:

Well, for example, at half volume, I can listen to an HD700 on M1 with an enjoyable sound.  I can achieve a higher quality sound from Opus #1, Hifiman Supermini or Chord Mojo, but I can most certainly reach an uncomfortable volume.  It's kind of nice to be able to have something this small and portable that can drive anything I own, although my 320 ohm earbud might be at it's limit.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #2,139 of 3,480
It's a very special little dap that to me has finally offered a true upgrade/replacement to the Clips I used for years.  The Dignis case for it can easily be clipped to a belt.  My only issue with the case ends up being the same with the other Dignis case I have.  It's such a snug fit that taking it out so I can put the mSD in another dap can be obnoxious.

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #2,140 of 3,480

Seller on Amazon for the M1 is [COLOR=0066C0]SHENZHENAUDIO[/COLOR], fulfilled by Amazon.  Very tempted.  I have a FiiO X1, considered upgrading to the X1ii but that has seemed to be recovering only slowly with firmware updates from UI and other issues.  

I bought one yesterday from the same name above and will get it Tuesday or before. That shehzenaudio is an authorized reseller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back