Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD
Jan 25, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,104 of 3,480
Yes, I tried changing the cable and the port both. Thanks anyway.
I'll try to rollback FW and see if it helps.

ETA: Yup, 1.11 doesn't have that.

That is strange as my M1 with v. 1.12 works just fine via USB OTG out to my DAC. (see post 2079)

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #2,105 of 3,480
That is strange as my M1 with v. 1.12 works just fine via USB OTG out to my DAC. (see post 2079)

You are talking about using it as a transport, but I'm talking about using it as a DAC and a standalone player interchangeably.
Maybe I'm just unlucky that something in my usage pattern triggers the bug. I'm fine for now being on 1.11, will try to get their support after chinese holidays.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #2,106 of 3,480
  is there any reviews on the M1 as a line-out source? how does it compare with other similarly priced entry-level DAP's, say, a Fiio X1? (as line-out only)

Nope M1 does not do line out, only digital out. Depending on your usage scenario it may be a deal breaker.

I have to be brutally honest (please don't go after me!) but I would have gotten the Fiio X1 second gen if not for the buggy UI complains. Go check out their thread to see if things have settled down.

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #2,107 of 3,480
Has anyone else had an issue with the Battery going Dead over the course of a day or two, while the M1 is powered Off and disconnected from USB?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #2,108 of 3,480
Has anyone else had an issue with the Battery going Dead over the course of a day or two, while the M1 is powered Off and disconnected from USB?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If mine is fully shut.down, I notice negligible battery drain. Make sure it is fully off and not just screen off.

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #2,109 of 3,480
  The M1 doesn't have a separate Fixed Level Line Out setting, but the Earphone Output can drive the AUX Input on your car stereo.
So, yes you can play your music through your car stereo, while keeping the M1 charged from the USB port.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Thank you for the information David, so i can't get AUX and recharge from the usb c alone ?
The earphone output to car AUX in the ipod create very annoying noise, and the sound is very low.

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #2,110 of 3,480
  Thank you for the information David, so i can't get AUX and recharge from the usb c alone ?
The earphone output to car AUX in the ipod create very annoying noise, and the sound is very low.

Well, the Shanling M1 is neither an Android, nor an iDevice - so the car stereos that are expecting to handshake and connect to one of those two, will probably not know what to do with the USB digital connection from the M1.  I suppose if the M1 presents itself as a USB "thumb drive", the car stereo may be able to play the music stored on it.  But why buy a $140-$150 M1, when you could just put your music on a $30 USB thumb drive?

Regards,
David Baldock

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #2,111 of 3,480
Well, the Shanling M1 is neither an Android, nor an iDevice - so the car stereos that are expecting to handshake and connect to one of those two, will probably not know what to do with the USB digital connection from the M1.  I suppose if the M1 presents itself as a USB "thumb drive", the car stereo may be able to play the music stored on it.  But why buy a $140-$150 M1, when you could just put your music on a $30 USB thumb drive?

Regards,
David Baldock

The car only has an AUX connection. But with the ipod i can get that from the 30 pin to 3.5mm while charging with the usb http://www.autodvdgps.com/images/BMW_Car_Stereo_Cables_QL-ABMW02.jpg

Im planning to also use the M1 while jogging also at home. I just need to find a smart way to connect it to my car.

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #2,112 of 3,480
If mine is fully shut.down, I notice negligible battery drain. Make sure it is fully off and not just screen off.

Well, I do press and hold the Power Button long enough for the gray Shanling Screen to show, just before the display goes Off.
Then, if I tap the Power Button, the screen doesn't come On.

Although, I may have just found the current culprit - the hole in the case for the USB connector is offset a bit, so it may not have recharged two days ago.
I took a pocket knife, and enlarged the hole, so I'm fairly certain the USB charging cable is securely seated now... 
wink_face.gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #2,113 of 3,480
  Nope M1 does not do line out, only digital out. Depending on your usage scenario it may be a deal breaker.

I have to be brutally honest (please don't go after me!) but I would have gotten the Fiio X1 second gen if not for the buggy UI complains. Go check out their thread to see if things have settled down.

I have been following the X1-II thread and Fiio is fixing things with firmware updates.  But the lag is still an issue and there are reports that as Fiio rolls out firmware to address issues the speed gets even slower in some instances.  I personally will stear clear of the X1-II and wait to see what the X3-III has in store and if Fiio can avoid the same problems on the new X3

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2,114 of 3,480
Afternoon All.

I've just found this thread and following numerous attempts I think this may be a neat DAP that I can use with my Mojo but also have as a separate DAP for music etc. One question however, can you download third party apps to this such that you can listen to podcasts for example? (I currently use overcast to download podcasts to on my iphone)

Thanks in advance
Tim

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #2,115 of 3,480
  Afternoon All.

I've just found this thread and following numerous attempts I think this may be a neat DAP that I can use with my Mojo but also have as a separate DAP for music etc. One question however, can you download third party apps to this such that you can listen to podcasts for example? (I currently use overcast to download podcasts to on my iphone)

Thanks in advance
Tim

No.  But you can link your iphone to the M1 via bluetooth and listen to them this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back