1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB Transport || Bluetooth 4.0 + aptX || DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pekingduck, Aug 5, 2016.
First

Back
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119
Next

Last
  1. miketlse

How much memory will the Samsung have - 32Gb max?
    You can add a 256 Gb SD card to the M1, which gives you enough room for a decent music Library.

A touchscreen is no use, if you can hardly store any music on your phone.

2. gemmoglock
    Also, the audio hardware is not the same. If you are getting something like a Mi Note or LG Vxx that is a different story altogether :wink:

3. H20Fidelity Contributor

Galaxy S4 has micro sd card slot, but I don't venture much past 32gb storage total period. Not looking very convincing at this stage. [​IMG]

But I noticed the M1 seller has dropped the price even more! Now that IS tempting me!

Quote:

Would only use M1 as a transport. 

4. gemmoglock

Hmm I don't recall the Galaxy S4 decoding all the formats the M1 does, but I guess that is not the main point.

5. H20Fidelity Contributor

I only listen to FLAC 16/44. [​IMG]

Anyway, let me think about it, the size would be worth making another small rig with my Tralucent dac/amp. [​IMG]

6. Joseph Lin
    Please help me setting up my EQ. I adjusted the EQ to my usual settings but either it does not work or it is too weak for me to tell. Do you find your EQ working?

7. Shawn71

Hope you know more about M1 (technical aspects) by now,so

1) just grab before its gone and if you know you never get at this price in future.
    2) Im sure M1 comes with warranty left (unlike S4.)
    3) and last but not least,get it,use it,sell it for the same price you paid.

Who knows,you might be enjoying with your M1 already?......:wink:

8. davidcotton

May I ask where you ordered from please?

9. tjw321
    I got it from AliExpress. Apparently the store name is Wooeasy Earphones Store. There was no problem with the service, but I'm getting a bit annoyed by my inability to update the firmware.

10. tjw321
    @Shanling can you give me some idea why my M1 won't update it's firmware. I've tried SD cards of various sizes, ExFAT, FAT32, I've re-downloaded the firmware multiple times (even though the zip file should checksum it's contents so a successful extraction implies a successful download), tried old firmware, new firmware, empty cards, full cards, I've prepared the cards on Linux and on OSX and I'm an experienced embedded systems developer so know how to avoid most pitfalls in the firmware update process.
    The only thing I can think of is that the M1 is super picky about the format of the card. Is that the case? Or can you think of another reason? If the file is missing from the SD card it tells me, if the update file is on the card it hangs at a screen which looks like the start-up screen.

11. Yedaself
    @tjw321 How long did it took to arrive? I ordered mine at 9/11 and still waiting. It left China according to last update.

12. tjw321
    I ordered mine 11/11. It arrived in the UK last Friday, and I got it yesterday.

13. h1f1add1cted
    Guys got today Shanling M1, I finished my small but very important modifications! My M1 is using latest firmware 1.11.

I can now use 512 GB SD card without any issue! Love it!

I simply made a very small cut into the leather case that I can place my microSD to SD adapter (around 25 Euro) into it. Size and length wise fits perfect. You only need to take care, it's very sensitive material.

I took a few pictures to understand my modifcation, it's very simple to do:

Zwischenablage01.png

Zwischenablage02.png

Zwischenablage03.png

Zwischenablage04.png

Zwischenablage05.png

Zwischenablage06.png

Zwischenablage07.png

Zwischenablage08.png

For me best bang for your buck as a transport DAP, well done Shanling.

jchey, Lorspeaker, Yedaself and 2 others like this.
  14. miketlse
    512 Gb !!!
    I am trying to use a spare 32Gb card whilst i familiarise myself with the m1 functionality. I thought that 256 Gb was good, but 512 Gb raises things to another level completely.

@H20Fidelity why mess around with a samsung phone, when you could have a m1?

Chris1975 likes this.
  15. Joseph Lin
    Can you let us know where did you get such a short adapter? The ones I ordered from Amazon are very long. I like yours. [​IMG]

First

Back
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119
Next

Last