Shanling M0: USB DAC out while BT receiving?
Oct 21, 2018 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jamri

New Head-Fier
When I connect my smartphone via Bluetooth (any codec) to my Shanling M0, the USB DAC out cuts off, and only the headphone out works. As soon as I disconnect Bluetooth, it switches back to USB DAC out mode. Is there a setting I am missing to allow the M0 to use an external DAC while acting as a Bluetooth receiver? I am running V2. 1 firmware. Thanks
20181021_141357.jpg

Oct 21, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 6
Shanling hasn't implemented that feature (at least not yet). USB DAC and bluetooth receiver mode works with headphone out only.

I'm waiting for them to implement it as USB Bluetooth transmitter, but don't know if they will get that ever implemented.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Shanling M0 Firmware 2.5
New functions guide
1. Lock screen
To enable: Go to “System” settings, to “Lock screen”. In this submenu, Lock screen can be enabled or disabled
and custom lock screen wallpaper can be chosen.

Lock screen: Volume setting can be accessed on Lock screen.
Swipe right to unlock device.
Custom lock screen wallpaper:
1. Images must be stored in “lockscreenimage” folder, located in root folder of Micro SD card.
2. Supports PNG and JPG, resolution exactly 240 x 240, under 1MB.
3. Maximum of 5 images in folder.
2. Additional connectivity of Bluetooth and USB
Bluetooth USB transport
Allowing any smartphone or computer to stream audio into standalone DAC, via Shanling player, over
Bluetooth connection.
1) Connect Shanling player to standalone DAC over appropriate cable.
2) Connect your smartphone or computer to Shanling player over Bluetooth, switching Shanling player into
Bluetooth receiver mode.
Now all sounds from your smartphone or computer will be streamed into Shanling player, which will send
audio into connected standalone DAC over USB cable.
USB Bluetooth transmitter
Allowing any computer to stream music over Bluetooth in high quality, using USB cable connection.
1) Connect Bluetooth headphones or speakers to Shanling player.
2) Set Shanling player into USB DAC mode – “System” setting, “USB Mode” set to DAC.
3) Connect Shanling player to computer over USB cable (Drivers must be installed on Windows system) and
set it as default audio device.
Now all sounds from your computer will be streamed to your connected Bluetooth Headphones or speakers.
Bluetooth quality will be displayed in status bar of Shanling player.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 6
Shanling M0 Firmware 2.5
New functions guide
1. Lock screen
To enable: Go to “System” settings, to “Lock screen”. In this submenu, Lock screen can be enabled or disabled
and custom lock screen wallpaper can be chosen.

Lock screen: Volume setting can be accessed on Lock screen.
Swipe right to unlock device.
Custom lock screen wallpaper:
1. Images must be stored in “lockscreenimage” folder, located in root folder of Micro SD card.
2. Supports PNG and JPG, resolution exactly 240 x 240, under 1MB.
3. Maximum of 5 images in folder.
2. Additional connectivity of Bluetooth and USB
Bluetooth USB transport
Allowing any smartphone or computer to stream audio into standalone DAC, via Shanling player, over
Bluetooth connection.
1) Connect Shanling player to standalone DAC over appropriate cable.
2) Connect your smartphone or computer to Shanling player over Bluetooth, switching Shanling player into
Bluetooth receiver mode.
Now all sounds from your smartphone or computer will be streamed into Shanling player, which will send
audio into connected standalone DAC over USB cable.
USB Bluetooth transmitter
Allowing any computer to stream music over Bluetooth in high quality, using USB cable connection.
1) Connect Bluetooth headphones or speakers to Shanling player.
2) Set Shanling player into USB DAC mode – “System” setting, “USB Mode” set to DAC.
3) Connect Shanling player to computer over USB cable (Drivers must be installed on Windows system) and
set it as default audio device.
Now all sounds from your computer will be streamed to your connected Bluetooth Headphones or speakers.
Bluetooth quality will be displayed in status bar of Shanling player.

I've been looking for a device that can receive Bluetooth and output digitally for ages as a way of adding bluetooth to ifi products like the hip DAC and iDSD Nano Black Label.

Before I jump and get the Shanling M0, do you or anyone else here know if Shanling Q1 Can do this too?

Nov 12, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 6
I've been looking for a device that can receive Bluetooth and output digitally for ages as a way of adding bluetooth to ifi products like the hip DAC and iDSD Nano Black Label.

Before I jump and get the Shanling M0, do you or anyone else here know if Shanling Q1 Can do this too?

I don't know about the Q1, but I assume this functionility would apply to more expensive model.
Just FYI, my Cayin N3 also also has Bluetooth receiver > digital out. I think my Hiby R3 pro does too but I haven't tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back