Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Oct 31, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #5,686 of 6,413
[QUOTE="Rafs, post: 15280082, member]
As an alternative, you can set the wheel button to play/pause on 2-clicks, skip song on 3-clicks. It does the job just fine.

Go to System > wheel shortcuts: and set Double click and Triple click to your desired behaviour.[/QUOTE]

Thx. I think this will do the trick :)

Oct 31, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #5,687 of 6,413
@Shanling
Is there any chance that you will add some audiobook/podcast support?
Is it really so complicated to add a bookmark feature? And i know i'm not the only one who needs it.

Wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Have a page back through the thread as many of us were asking for it right at the beginning.

Nov 1, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #5,688 of 6,413
Regarding battery lost when device turned off, we were unable to replicate it on any M0 we have here. So still not sure what would be causing this.
And about charging, will check if it can be adjusted.

I bought this player to listen to audio books. But I face two problems:
  • If I stop a track and start to listen again sometime later - after the player had been powered down - it always starts from the beginning of the track. Is there a setting to resume?
  • some guy answered my question on amazon whether cable android headphones would work to control the player with "it is in the specifications" but my xiaomi android headset won't work. should it work, or did I get a wrong information?
Thanks for your help.

Yes, you need to change "Resume mode" in Playback settings. At default it's at "track" setting.

Not sure who told you such information, but unfortunately none of our players support Line-in controls on headphones.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 3, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #5,689 of 6,413
I just got one and I'm ready to toss my Avantree Aptx transmitter. I can hear more now with less fine details lost to compression (24bit 48khz over LDAC HD). However as I permanently connect it to my computer in DAC mode, the battery is always full and the device gets warm. Evident that its trickle charging. I'm worried this will cause the battery to quickly deteriorate and potentially make the whole unit non functional. Is there a way to stop it charging while connected, or maybe add an option into System menu to disable charging?

Thanks. This DAP is fantastic value. I just use it as an LDAC transmitter and dont want it to die.

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #5,690 of 6,413
A little bit suggestion regarding EQ setting.
I think the step is too fine grained, on small screen it's quite hard to adjust precisely.
Either use wheel to raise the steps(This is better i think) or make it bigger maybe 0.5db per click.

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #5,692 of 6,413
@devin.oct or wait for the companion app (like most of us)? Bigger steps is a terrible idea, IMO.
Well, it's kind of pointless anyway with very small steps like the current one if you can't precisely adjust it and how many time i accidentally changed the value while horizontally scrolling...
That is why the wheel approach is better, tap to select the frequency and use wheel to adjust it.
Or just make the step size customizeable.

Companion app like on smartphone or pc/laptop?
I don't think that will ever be considered, too much work.

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #5,693 of 6,413
Companion app like on smartphone or pc/laptop?
I don't think that will ever be considered, too much work.
The companion app is for the phone like their previous players that were Hiby based. And it was one of the reasons many bought into it. Sadly it's pure vaporware outside of a neutered version for the China market. My M0 has a thick layer of dust as it sits and waits. I've been using my iconX's for local music and simple phone to bud transfer for music. Use my waterproof Sony headset for swimming instead of my cased m0 setup. It's just not a seamless solution for me and doesn't look like it will be, so it'll probably be up on ebay soon. A smaller better m1 this has not been, at least for my needs.

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #5,694 of 6,413
The companion app is for the phone like their previous players that were Hiby based. And it was one of the reasons many bought into it. Sadly it's pure vaporware outside of a neutered version for the China market. My M0 has a thick layer of dust as it sits and waits. I've been using my iconX's for local music and simple phone to bud transfer for music. Use my waterproof Sony headset for swimming instead of my cased m0 setup. It's just not a seamless solution for me and doesn't look like it will be, so it'll probably be up on ebay soon. A smaller better m1 this has not been, at least for my needs.

I see, haven't used anything else from Shanling.
Yeah, i also don't like the idea of companion app, well i guess it's better than nothing at all.
The wheel has a lot of potential, unfortunately it's only used for volume.

I was expecting for it to scroll throughout some menus(Just like an Apple Watch).
But even after many updates, there were no improvements made to the wheel other than the double/triple-click.
So much wasted potential.

Anyway, what is this "cased m0 setup for swimming"?

Nov 6, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #5,695 of 6,413
wheel adjustment is a good idea... Shaling said they're back on fixing MTouch so I'm still holding out for the app. After all this time, I still have some faith

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #5,696 of 6,413
I see, haven't used anything else from Shanling.
Yeah, i also don't like the idea of companion app, well i guess it's better than nothing at all.
The wheel has a lot of potential, unfortunately it's only used for volume.

I was expecting for it to scroll throughout some menus(Just like an Apple Watch).
But even after many updates, there were no improvements made to the wheel other than the double/triple-click.
So much wasted potential.

Anyway, what is this "cased m0 setup for swimming"?
I'm fine with how the UI is for the most part. Sure they could take better advantage of the wheel, but it's still better than others out there. The Fio competitor apparently has worse US.

And it's just a small waterproof case I popped some acco clips on to clip to my goggles. Also have the H2o audio armband. Don't use either now.

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #5,697 of 6,413
I just got one and I'm ready to toss my Avantree Aptx transmitter. I can hear more now with less fine details lost to compression (24bit 48khz over LDAC HD). However as I permanently connect it to my computer in DAC mode, the battery is always full and the device gets warm. Evident that its trickle charging. I'm worried this will cause the battery to quickly deteriorate and potentially make the whole unit non functional. Is there a way to stop it charging while connected, or maybe add an option into System menu to disable charging?

Thanks. This DAP is fantastic value. I just use it as an LDAC transmitter and dont want it to die.

This is a very interesting detail about the M0. I'm also interested in the M0, particularly because it can also be used as a PC DAC. But if it's "trickle charging," that could be a problem. I hope Shanling adds an option to disable charging when connected.

Nov 14, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #5,698 of 6,413
I don't know whether anyone else has brought this up but my biggest current problem with the m0 is that it's too easy for it to accidentally turn on in my backpack, and by the time I get to therapy or somewhere else I need the background music it's flat or almost flat. Is there any way to add some kind of verification mechanism so if I don't sweep on the screen or twiddle the wheel within a short period after turning on it turns off again?

Of if there's already such an option, let me know how to enable it?

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #5,699 of 6,413
I’m curious, has anyone gotten their m0 to work with the Nintendo switch? I’m trying with a USB A to USB C but it doesn’t seem to work. Ive seen it work with the BTR3 and Es100 so I was hoping the m0 could do it aswell

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #5,700 of 6,413
I don't know whether anyone else has brought this up but my biggest current problem with the m0 is that it's too easy for it to accidentally turn on in my backpack, and by the time I get to therapy or somewhere else I need the background music it's flat or almost flat. Is there any way to add some kind of verification mechanism so if I don't sweep on the screen or twiddle the wheel within a short period after turning on it turns off again?

Of if there's already such an option, let me know how to enable it?

How about some strategically placed bit of Sugru as a 'wheel guard' above and under the wheel? Just an idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back