Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Oct 15, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #3,557 of 6,413
That sux, but ok. lol

Thanks!

So just copy the file into the main/root folder of the MicroSD card and go from there?
Yes, just follow the instructions :point_down:
Firmware v2.2 here you go!

Google drive download

Shanling M0 Firmware 2.2 notes

Changes and fixes:

1. Added Triple click shortcut, available in System settings
2. Added playback controls when using M0 in Bluetooth receiver mode, including double and triple click shortcuts
3. Added support of external m3u and m3u8 playlists
4. Added “Recently added” list in “My Music”
5. Fixed bug causing wrong song order in “My Music” browsing
6. Improved USB digital output

How to update:

1. Make sure that M0 is fully charged.
2. Unzip the file and copy “update.bin” file into root folder of micro SD card.
Note: If your M0 is on firmware 1.0 or 1.5, card must be formatted to FAT32. For update from firmware 2.0 and higher, you can use all cards.
3. Choose “System Update”in system settings and follow the displayed instructions. Wait until system restarts.
4. Check in settings “About M0” to be sure new firmware was installed.

Oct 15, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #3,559 of 6,413
I am trying to download the 2.2 firmware and it says it's corrupted? I have tried several times and it is the same?

Anyone else had the same issue?
I had same comment when I used one program (RAR Opener) to unzip. WinZip worked.

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #3,560 of 6,413
I think I need to buy a carrying case and attach a lanyard to it so that I can hang it around my neck.
Glad you're enjoying your M0. Yes, it was near perfect out of the box with firmware version V2.0.
Leather case adds bulk. Just get the plastic clip-case and clip it to your watch strap.

Oct 15, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #3,562 of 6,413
I just wanted to add a mention of another new feature that firmware 2.2 has brought when using the M0 as a BT receiver.

Not only do we now get on-screen playback controls, but it also displays the track information WHICH IS SUPER SWEET!

I've only recently gotten into the whole streaming services thing (Deezer) and so seeing the track and artist info is pretty sweet. Again, great job @Shanling, this just pushes the bang-for-buck value of the M0 way over the edge.

Oct 15, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #3,564 of 6,413
@Shanling Would it be possible to use Zip extension for the firmware as it does not need a proprietary program to unpack .

Still has track order incorrect on some albums when using My music view.

Is there no chance of having the quick ABC scroll in folders view.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #3,565 of 6,413
@Shanling Would it be possible to use Zip extension for the firmware as it does not need a proprietary program to unpack .

Still has track order incorrect on some albums when using My music view.

Is there no chance of having the quick ABC scroll in folders view.
Or post a non-zip version

Oct 15, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #3,567 of 6,413
Would be super comfortable if you could attach a band and wear it as a watch, I feel like I might lose the thing.
Any chance of that being a possibility in the future ?

Every time I carry this thing around I feel like it screams "wrist band!" to me.

I know it's not a huge product line to warrant a lot of accessories but a band would really be useful in the gym, coupled with BT headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #3,568 of 6,413
Why don't you guys make your own. Glue a simple clip on the back of M0 or the leather case, or buy the plastic clip (but use some non slip tape to make it more secure) and get a band that has a slot to slip the clip through. Or just buy the leather case and glue it to a band.

That or contact someone on Shapeways that does 3d printing. Send them the plastic clip and see if they'll configure it with watch band ends. People have done that for various smartwatches when they've had proprietary bands like the Sony SW3.

Shanling has already said it's not worth the investment to design and make it. So one way or the other you're taking matters into your own hands to get it done. I'd do it, but I don't care about wearing it as a watch as I think it's a chunk that sits just fine on my hip. Happy to give you the info of the guy that made the Sony SW3 one though. You can see if he has interest. If that works out, he could list it on Shapeways and anyone could buy one. But someone would probably have to suck up buying the clip and sending it to him. Unless anyone here is savvy enough to do the design for the 3d printer.

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #3,569 of 6,413
The clip case itself is flimsy as ****, it needs to be made of a slightly more thicker less pliable plastic/polycarbonate. I gave mine away and just decided to use the pleather one.

And one member has used an acco?? Clip and glued it to the pleather case with good results. Me I just stick it in my shirt/jacket/pants pocket, no worries. It does seem a bit thick to wear on the wrist- but hey wfyb :)

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #3,570 of 6,413
That's me with the Acco clip. A majority of my workout/running shorts don't have pockets, so a clip is essential.

And I know the clip is flimsy. Someone many pages ago mentioned reinforcing it with non slip tape for a better grab on the M0 and on the clip to your clothes. He said it did the trick for him. Better plastic and a slight lip on the top of the clip for capture would make it 100% better. It does seem Ike they cheaped out on it and should revise it since it's a major feature in buying something so small. A non spring metal clip would have been better too. Just enough curve to it to slip over a belt. Speaking of which, a small money clip would do the trick as well for missing the leather case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back