Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 3, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #979 of 6,413
Have a question about card format. If I understand correctly, instructions say use fat 32 formatted card to do firmware updates. Are most cards formatted this way from the manufacturer? I already have 32 and 64gb cards full of music. Do they also need to be fat 32? This may all be covered in the MO instruction book. MO hasn't arrived yet. Thanks
To

Jun 3, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #980 of 6,413
Have a question about card format. If I understand correctly, instructions say use fat 32 formatted card to do firmware updates. Are most cards formatted this way from the manufacturer? I already have 32 and 64gb cards full of music. Do they also need to be fat 32? This may all be covered in the MO instruction book. MO hasn't arrived yet. Thanks
To
i didn't saw anything about the card on the instrutions book, you need to use FAT32 for everyday use card on M0 not only updates, if not you'll have problems like freezing and stuck on boot screen ( mine did it); also no, most tf cards comes with eXFAT format so you need to reformat and change it

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #981 of 6,413
I used the M0 while out all day yesterday. Mine seems to be working well. The only issue I had was more me than the unit. I have it set so I can double click the scroll wheel to advance to the next song. Takes a concerted effort as if you press too slowly, it wakes the screen and then turns it back off. Need to make sure it is double-clicked properly, sometimes hard to do when in your pocket. Still, a small gripe.

Great sounding piece. Using it with my Periodic Be. Awesome size.

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #982 of 6,413
upload_2018-6-3_7-18-57.png

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #983 of 6,413
@Shanling i wanted to know if it'll be possible that the next FW update would detect duplicate songs, for example, if i put a R&B folder on the sd card but i also put a music folder with my whole library that includes some songs of R&B folder that the M0 could detect duplicate song so it wouldn't show duplicate in my music>genre>R&B. because i want to put newest in a playlist(new folder on sd) but all genre in my music without duplicating it. hope you can understand with my bad english.

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #984 of 6,413
i didn't saw anything about the card on the instrutions book, you need to use FAT32 for everyday use card on M0 not only updates, if not you'll have problems like freezing and stuck on boot screen ( mine did it); also no, most tf cards comes with eXFAT format so you need to reformat and change it
I'm using 256 Gb exFAT cards here with no problems. It likely depends on the brand of card you're using.

Other than the USB-out issue, this DAP is pretty much perfect for me. Unbelievably awesome engineering. Congrats @Shanling! I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the most popular DAP in history :)

Only one small request... Apple's 6th gen Nano had fine-grained control over scrubbing within a track by moving your finger up the screen, away from the scroll bar as you slide horizontally. It works well, even on tiny screens. You want the time marker to follow your finger exactly on the scrollbar, but only move a small fraction of that once your finger reaches the top of the screen.

Something like:

dt = dx*t_max*(y_max-|y_scrollbar-y|+eps)/(x_max*(y_max+eps))

I think your engineers could implement this easily and it would allow us to precisely move anywhere in even long tracks or audiobooks. What do you think, Frankie?!?

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #985 of 6,413
@Shanling i wanted to know if it'll be possible that the next FW update would detect duplicate songs, for example, if i put a R&B folder on the sd card but i also put a music folder with my whole library that includes some songs of R&B folder that the M0 could detect duplicate song so it wouldn't show duplicate in my music>genre>R&B. because i want to put newest in a playlist(new folder on sd) but all genre in my music without duplicating it. hope you can understand with my bad english.
I hope they don't do this! I also have multiple versions of the same tracks on my SD cards, but I want them all to show up, because they're all subtely different - i.e., re-mastered 24/96 versions and redbook CD versions.

Why would you waste valuable space on your SD card by storing the exact same track more than once? No entiendo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #986 of 6,413
I hope they don't do this! I also have multiple versions of the same tracks on my SD cards, but I want them all to show up, because they're all subtely different - i.e., re-mastered 24/96 versions and redbook CD versions.

Why would you waste valuable space on your SD card by storing the exact same track more than once? No entiendo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i'm shure that if you have a song with tittle change, or diferent bit rate it wouldn't detect as duplicate; i want it because there's no recently added on my music, so if i do a recently added folder on sd card to make a playlist then on the whole library folder i'll have to remove them songs.

Jun 3, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #987 of 6,413
i'm shure that if you have a song with tittle change, or diferent bit rate it wouldn't detect as duplicate; i want it because there's no recently added on my music, so if i do a recently added folder on sd card to make a playlist then on the whole library folder i'll have to remove them songs.
I already asked @Shanling to install a recently added playlist. Hopefully they will because it's useful when you have thousands of songs

Jun 3, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #989 of 6,413
On the thought of audiobooks/podcasts again (sorry) any chance of making the m0 M4B compatible?

Thanks

Jun 3, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #990 of 6,413
How is changing SD cards in this, not too difficult? I have two 200GB cards laying around, don't want to spend more for a 512GB, so wondered how hard card swapping was, and how long the scan takes?
My X5ii pooped out, and my X5iii is just too clunky to use in my car, and this little guy seems like it would be a good choice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back