Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Dec 10, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #5,761 of 6,413
Replay gain is dependent on a tag. To set the tag, you must use an app that can scan for volume level and set the tag appropriately for the track. Many PC music player apps can do this for you.

My files have ReplayGain tags. Used foobar2000 to scan and apply the tags.

In foobar2000 itself (obviously) and my Sansa players running Rockbox it works well.

What software do you use to apply it?

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #5,763 of 6,413
My files have ReplayGain tags. Used foobar2000 to scan and apply the tags.

In foobar2000 itself (obviously) and my Sansa players running Rockbox it works well.

What software do you use to apply it?

I used dBpoweramp to scan all my files and apply a tag, but it doesn't seem to work.

Can you please take 3-4 songs showing big differences in volume and send it to us in PM? Files we have works fine, but maybe there is something we need to adjust more.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 11, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #5,765 of 6,413
Hi,

I did already some investigation regarding the replay gain function of M0. I am using Foobar2000 for replay gain analysis.

M0 is not able to read replay gain info from cue sheets. M0 is able to read replay gain info only from tags. Foobar2000 stores replay gain info in embedded cue sheets (if they are present). This is probably why you have issue with replay gain function on your flac files.

I have not found a way how to make Foobar2000 store replay gain info in tags when an embedded cue sheet is present. I have found a workaround - to remove embedded cue sheet from the file, analyze it using the replay gain analyzer, store replay gain info, which now gets written in the tag since embedded cue sheet is not there, and then embed the cue sheet again. Then replay gain works even for flac with cue sheets in M0.

For flac without cue sheets replay gain works just fine (where album is split into songs/files).

With mp3, replay gain works mostly fine. I have stumbled upon several files, where replay gain info is nor read and applied by M0 even though the info is there and works normally in Foobar2000.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #5,766 of 6,413
Hi,

I did already some investigation regarding the replay gain function of M0. I am using Foobar2000 for replay gain analysis.

M0 is not able to read replay gain info from cue sheets. M0 is able to read replay gain info only from tags. Foobar2000 stores replay gain info in embedded cue sheets (if they are present). This is probably why you have issue with replay gain function on your flac files.

I have not found a way how to make Foobar2000 store replay gain info in tags when an embedded cue sheet is present. I have found a workaround - to remove embedded cue sheet from the file, analyze it using the replay gain analyzer, store replay gain info, which now gets written in the tag since embedded cue sheet is not there, and then embed the cue sheet again. Then replay gain works even for flac with cue sheets in M0.

For flac without cue sheets replay gain works just fine (where album is split into songs/files).

With mp3, replay gain works mostly fine. I have stumbled upon several files, where replay gain info is nor read and applied by M0 even though the info is there and works normally in Foobar2000.
Im curious if a simple copy of number from cua file to file tag will work?

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #5,767 of 6,413
@Shanling there's a wrinkle with Vehicle mode I'm hoping is unintentional/fixable. When I take the player around with me (no charging/USB) and I turn it on* and start playing a song, it shuts off in one minute if I've left Vehicle Mode enabled. I would've thought that the mode would only be initiated by charging. Please advise.

* from off to on - I don't bother with sleep mode

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #5,770 of 6,413
@Shanling bluetooth connection with the sony wf-1000mx3 is not working. The earphone is not showing up to connect.

Have you had it connected before? Had a bit of hassle getting it connected as well. I THINK you have to hold down the button longer than normal on either the headphones or player (can't remember which, try both) and then it works. Certainly not as easy as normal.

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #5,771 of 6,413
Yes i connected them to other devices: hiby r6, iphone, galaxy s9 without any problems. And there are no button on the sony . These are the sony IEMs (wf-1000mx3) not the big ones (wh-1000mx3). I Tried only sbc and aac codecs because these are the only codecs the sony iems are supporting.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #5,772 of 6,413
Yes i connected them to other devices: hiby r6, iphone, galaxy s9 without any problems. And there are no button on the sony . These are the sony IEMs (wf-1000mx3) not the big ones (wh-1000mx3). I Tried only sbc and aac codecs because these are the only codecs the sony iems are supporting.
Sorry, get those two mixed up!

Dec 14, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #5,773 of 6,413

I just connected my M0 to my WF-1000XM3.
You have to remember 2 things:
First: hold on both earphones for 7 seconds to pair to a second device
Second: change the quality on the M0 to AAC (it's the highest codec the sony's support)
Done, it'll find the earphones and connect. Before the discussion begins: I'm not of the opinion that they need to work with the latest and greatest codec. These do wonders for a pair of TWS IEMs, even with a "lesser" codec.

Dec 15, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #5,774 of 6,413
I just connected my M0 to my WF-1000XM3.
You have to remember 2 things:
First: hold on both earphones for 7 seconds to pair to a second device
Second: change the quality on the M0 to AAC (it's the highest codec the sony's support)
Done, it'll find the earphones and connect. Before the discussion begins: I'm not of the opinion that they need to work with the latest and greatest codec. These do wonders for a pair of TWS IEMs, even with a "lesser" codec.

Dec 15, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #5,775 of 6,413
No clue what the problem is. M0 is on AAC. SONys accu is on 100%, they are flashing which means they are waiting for a connection. i was pressing search 20 times on the M0 and they dont appear only one other device. M0 and the Sonys are both on the latest firmware.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back