Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 6, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #1,066 of 6,413
Got my red m0 today...
First impressions... Very similar to my lg g6. After all, they use the same DAC. The filter makes subtle differences in the presentation.
Usability is pretty good and can connect easily with my Bluetooth stuff.
Best thing abt it is a full battery on my phone and the absolute silence when connected to my empire ears Spartans which are really sensitive to hiss.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #1,067 of 6,413
Is there a release date for the new FW which supports use as a digital transport without interruptions yet?

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #1,069 of 6,413
Hi,
A question to the folk who have the M0. Has anyone connected it to their hifi via Bluetooth, and if so, do albums play gapless over Bluetooth? The reason I ask is that my fiio x1ii seems to stop then start for every song, which is annoying.
I'm wondering if you can stream Tidal Hifi via bluetooth or is there a way to do it via usb-c out to M0

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #1,070 of 6,413
I have the black M0 for more than one week now and I really love the little device! It nearly covers everthing I wish from a DAP. I think in the Firmware v1.5 there is still an issue regarding the display of characters like ä,ö,ü in album or artist names. They are shown correctly in the folder view, but not in the 'my music' or 'now playing' view.

I also have two suggestions, that I would love to see in future firmware versions:
- it would be really great, if the M0 would create a play log file on the SD-card (a simple .txt file containing date, time, artist, album and trackname would totally do the job)
- in my opinion a slightly different behavior in the menu navigation would be great: If you navigate through folders or artists/albums while playing a song, the device always jumps back to the folder containing the song that is playing, as soon as you switch off the display. I think it would be great if it stayed in the folder where you navigated to. This way you could search for the next song before you actually play it. I think this was the navigation behavior of the old Ipods, if I remember correctly. It's a bit hard to explain, but I hope you get the idea.

Thanks to the whole Shanling-team, for doing such a good job!

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #1,071 of 6,413
I had a question. The HR (Hi-Res) symbol seems to come up randomly, but how does it decide what is considered HR and what isn't? I have some high quality flacs and alac files that don't show up, but then randomly some mp3s will trigger the symbol to come up on screen...seems a little random.

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #1,072 of 6,413
Some cheap USB OTG adapter into original cable of iDSD BL.

Yep, @Fatcat1969 , just search on ebay for "USB-C 3.1 Type C Male to USB 3.0 Adapter OTG Data Sync Charging Cable", a bunch of sellers, in different colors, local US sellers too, got mine for $2.99, works like a charm.

shanling_m0-55.jpg

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #1,074 of 6,413
I had a question. The HR (Hi-Res) symbol seems to come up randomly, but how does it decide what is considered HR and what isn't? I have some high quality flacs and alac files that don't show up, but then randomly some mp3s will trigger the symbol to come up on screen...seems a little random.
for what can i see it shows up when the sampling rate i grater than 44.1khz, all my mp3 files that are 48khz show HR logo. i think that this should be more with bit rate than samplig rate.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #1,075 of 6,413
I'm wondering if you can stream Tidal Hifi via bluetooth or is there a way to do it via usb-c out to M0
I'm streaming Spotify on PC / smartphone and listen on m0 via Bluetooth. Should work for anything else I believe.

Yep, @Fatcat1969 , just search on ebay for "USB-C 3.1 Type C Male to USB 3.0 Adapter OTG Data Sync Charging Cable", a bunch of sellers, in different colors, local US sellers too, got mine for $2.99, works like a charm.

I got the same setup, m0 thru ifi micro DSD BL. Somehow, m0 sounds similar when I use apex glacier. It's fantastic. Can't wait to get my replacement unit.

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #1,076 of 6,413
My M0 has been working flawlessly in all respects. Sound is outstanding via LDAC Bluetooth to my Sony MDR-100 wireless LDAC phones.
As far as my IEM pairings, I continue to be amazed at the synergy between the M0 and my q-Jays v2... absolutely stunning sound!
Incredible that there is TOTL sound that I can hold both source and phones in the palm of my hand!! Where will it end????

q-Jays+M0.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #1,077 of 6,413
As a portable digital transport, it wipes the floor with the DX50....

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #1,078 of 6,413
Put my 400gb card in it, worked like a champ. But now quick question, how do I get a hold of the scroll bar during folder view? Please don't tell me it's not possible to drag the scroll bar on the right for faster scrolling.
Perfect dap for mowing the lawn.

Jun 6, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #1,079 of 6,413
Put my 400gb card in it, worked like a champ. But now quick question, how do I get a hold of the scroll bar during folder view? Please don't tell me it's not possible to drag the scroll bar on the right for faster scrolling.
Perfect dap for mowing the lawn.
. No drag scrolling on folder view. Maybe they can add in firmware

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #1,080 of 6,413
I am still having issues when viewing the folder and searching for track names....screen too small only can see first few alphabet...most of the time is the singer or album name....hmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back