Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 12, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #1,261 of 6,413
Bought red today, works like a charm! Happy to report it handles multiple .cue sheets in folder view as expected.

One suggestion - in the System menu, rename Update to Update Library to avoid confusion with System Update

Jun 12, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #1,262 of 6,413
If anybody remembers Apple's 6th gen Nano, they had an even better way of skimming through long tracks. Fine-grained control over the slider bar (determined by the vertical position of your finger on the screen) so you could set the playback position exactly. Forward wind with a button push/hold would be nice too, but wouldn't be as precise.
They are perfect except for the sound. Pairs great with IE800 though.
27DA9FDA-1584-4693-900C-C30AEDF0B48D.jpeg

Jun 12, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #1,263 of 6,413
Hi @Shanling/Frankie, Happy to see the clip case is nearly ready :) Just a couple of quick questions. It looks like the design of the clip case changed, right? The earliest pictures you posted showed a stainless steel clip:

ss.jpg

I liked the look of that. The newer image (posted yesterday) looks to be all plastic:

pl.jpg

And it looks like we need to carry a protractor to ensure we don't open the clip too far? :wink: I noticed a couple of subtle red "X" marks on this figure:
break.jpg

I presume that's the point at which it breaks?

Whatever happened to the stainless steel clip case? Any chance it might come back at a later date??

Jun 12, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #1,265 of 6,413
I have a QP1R, can I simply plug the micro SD card from that into one of these? Also can M0 handle bigger than 512mb cards?
I know the M0 works with 400 Gb cards. It should work with larger capacities too, but I've not confirmed.

Prior to FW 2.0, you needed to use Fat32-formatted cards for software updates, but from FW 2.0 onwards you can also use exFat. Either format works fine for playing (in all firmware versions).

P.S. Shanling confirmed 512 Gb card support via a post on Headfonia. Do larger than 512 Gb cards even exist yet? (I presume you meant Gb, not Mb?!?)

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #1,268 of 6,413
They are perfect except for the sound. Pairs great with IE800 though.

man you had me going thinking that you got it to fit in that ipod kickstarter project I also backed
I actually bought another watch band kit that was faster getting in and out
then I looked at my M0 and realized that it was the nano
I bet someone could 3d print a holder like that

I actually bought the bluetooth adapter for the nano but it only worked for certain headphones. i believe at the time i had an old sony on ear set that hooked around your ears

but that would a dream setup for the M0 with it's bluetooth plus a clock screen saver like the nano had
but a clip case will suffice.

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #1,269 of 6,413
What is the retail price for these?
Will there be an option to rotate the UI 90-degrees? or, is there horizontal clip case in pipeline for use with watch straps?

Retail around 5-7 USD.
We are thinking about possible display rotation, once we actually see more people using it as watch(and not just dreaming about it), we will decide.
No plans for wrist strap from Shanling.

If its possible i would like to know that too.
Delete a file all the way from the sd if i can through the dap.

In folder mode, click the three little dost next to file and there you have delete.

I think that we should keep reminding them.

We have it on our "To do list", frequent posting about it will not speed it up. Things like smoother UI, problem free BT and USB out, custom EQ, have higher priority.

Hi @Shanling/Frankie, Happy to see the clip case is nearly ready :) Just a couple of quick questions. It looks like the design of the clip case changed, right? The earliest pictures you posted showed a stainless steel clip:

I liked the look of that. The newer image (posted yesterday) looks to be all plastic:
And it looks like we need to carry a protractor to ensure we don't open the clip too far? :wink: I noticed a couple of subtle red "X" marks on this figure:

I presume that's the point at which it breaks?

Whatever happened to the stainless steel clip case? Any chance it might come back at a later date??

Stainless steel case was prototyped alongside the full plastic and we decided to go with full plastic because it was simply more durable. It's nice to have indestructible steel clip, too bad if it breaks under much smaller angle than this elastic plastic. And it allowed us to push the price lower. We chose solution that's more practical over the one that looks just pretty.

I have a QP1R, can I simply plug the micro SD card from that into one of these? Also can M0 handle bigger than 512mb cards?

Since nobody knows how will cards above 512 GB look like, we can only guess. If they keep current standard, then they should work with M0 without problem.

P.S. Shanling confirmed 512 Gb card support via a post on Headfonia. Do larger than 512 Gb cards even exist yet? (I presume you meant Gb, not Mb?!?)

It's also posted in very first post of this thread from the very beginning.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jun 13, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #1,270 of 6,413
We have it on our "To do list", frequent posting about it will not speed it up. Things like smoother UI, problem free BT and USB out, custom EQ, have higher priority.

I have a question regarding this (And apologies if this has already been answered in the other 80 pages, but sifting through that many pages on posts would take awhile). Does the M0 have the ability to adjust EQ manually like the M1 does yet, or is that still in the works as your post implies? If it's still planned, might I ask how many frequency bands we can expect to see in the custom EQ settings? I know the M1 is a 10-band, perhaps we'll see 12 or 16 in the M0?

Edit: Thanks to the help from the guy below, yes, the customizable EQ is in the works eventually. I am still curious about how many bands are planned!

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #1,271 of 6,413
...(And apologies if this has already been answered in the other 80 pages, but sifting through that many pages on posts would take awhile)...
Scroll to the top of the page.
Enter 'EQ' in the box labelled 'Search'.
In the options that appear, check 'Search this thread only'.
Click 'Search'.

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #1,272 of 6,413
Retail around 5-7 USD.

Fair enough, I can understand more important stuff getting fixed first.

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #1,273 of 6,413
Bought red today, works like a charm! Happy to report it handles multiple .cue sheets in folder view as expected.

One suggestion - in the System menu, rename Update to Update Library to avoid confusion with System Update
+1 on your suggestion for renaming Update! Guess what I did?? :ksc75smile:

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #1,274 of 6,413
Hello everybody! M0 is surprisingly good. BUT, Guys, please CHECK the work of the balance of channels:
1. In bluetooth mode To make for example the left channel louder, it is necessary for some reason to move the slider to the right! (when changing headphones I have to enter the menu and rearrange the balance from L4 to R4).
2. Also on my M0, the balance of the channels floats, shifts at a loudness from 0 to 30, then approximately to 70 the balance point holds accurately, and then again floats away in another direction. By the way, the channel balance level is very weak, I think no more than + - 6-9 dB in the volume position from 30 to 70 approximately (Checked by Plantronics BACKBEAT PRO 2, Ausdom M05, iDea V207A). For me, this is important, since I hear a slightly worse left ear.
3. And in .. In DAC mode, the balance does not work at all (FX-audio 802C), although the "toy" EQ works. .
THANK YOU!

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #1,275 of 6,413
My channel balance is fine with all my phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back